Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarioLostLevels.html

Andrew Gardikis's warps run on the FDS/Wii VC version

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Sorry, andrewg, but your run is reje... jk accept

Video/audio is fine, and the time is a very high 8:13 (it was 3 frames under 8:14, timing from first frame that Mario appears to hitting the axe at the end). Congrats on the huge improvement.

Quote:
I'll start off by saying I approve the video and audio though the vid does look a bit dark to me.

Absolutely flawless 1-1, nothing to be said here.

Great 1-2 speedrun, the walltap was very unnoticable and the wall jump was nicely executed.

4-1 through 4-3 are excellent. Well-done!

4-4 goes well, I can see the very few instances where you slow down but appeared necessary so as not to make a mistake.

Very nice 5-1 and 5-2, great execution of the pipe glitch.

Cautious or not 8-1 has a nice end result.

8-2 has the only glaring mistake in the run with the vine.

8-3 looks like a giant joke with how easily you breeze through it.

8-4, the finale, even with the possibility of small improvements it still looks well planned and well executed.

Overall a very solid run that I most definitely approve.

Quote:
Didn't see any audio or video problems and it looks clean, no cheating. One part I really enjoyed was I think 5-2 where he glitched through the pipe to get to world 8, didn't see that coming. Overall a very enjoyable run.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a me, AndrewG!
Thread title:  
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Thanks on the quick verification! Smiley Also, big thanks to Nate and Ballofsnow for fixing my video issue and to Mike of course for processing everything.

I wish this run were slightly better, I was basically 2 seconds off my initially goal of 8:11. The luck was not in my favor for a lot of runs though. 8:13 was definitely acceptable... A 21 second improvement to my own SDA run, A 17 second improvement over another SDA member's run that beat mine previously, and a 2 second improvement over an emulated nicovideo run that could have been faked easily (no idea though).

Quote:
I'll start off by saying I approve the video and audio though the vid does look a bit dark to me.

You know, I've wondered about this in the past. Are all runs recorded on Virtual Console titles dark like this?

Anyway, I'll probably improve this eventually. If some youtube/nicovideo runner claims a better time or something, I might run it again.
DS Dictator
Quote:
You know, I've wondered about this in the past. Are all runs recorded on Virtual Console titles dark like this?

Yes, I remembered back when the Wii was out Screwattack tried out the Virtual Console games and compared to the original (although it looked like the shots were taken from the emulator because of the huge brightness/contrast).

On SMB1, your SDA run, the blocks below Mario has a brownish tone while the TAS run the blocks has a orange tone.

(Warpless TAS)

I don't have any games I own that are both original and on VC but I am sure that my VC copy of SM64 is pretty dark.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
great work as always andrewg!
Congrats Andrew.  Your first one was awesome, can't wait to see this one.  :: personally hates playing Lost Levels with a passion, but enjoys seeing good runs of it ::

-James
Master-88
andrew Mario master.

Congrats your run. Is this same run what you show in youtube? Its so cool run.
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Quote from MASTER-88:
andrew Mario master.

Congrats your run. Is this same run what you show in youtube? Its so cool run.

Yea, that's the run I submitted to SDA.

I'm tempted to try and improve it a bit more now. I think I can get ~8:10 with a few more attempts.
This was the greatest update ever. All thanks to SMB2J.
I saw the run and I can only say one thing: