--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-09-13 01:37:39 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Super Adventure Island (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to David Heidman Jr.!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Super Adventure Island (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/sai/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 13, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
I watched through this. Everything seems pretty solid. Audio/Video are fine. No signs of cheating. From what I understand of the Adventure Island series, health depletes over time, collecting fruit restores health, and the bonus at the end counts down remaining health. The runner does a good job of avoiding unnecessary fruit to save time at the end of each level. Tripping appears to deplete health and push the character forward when walking. Seems to have good knowledge of the entire game, especially where enemy spawns are and level designs. A few tiny mistakes here and there, but I would hazard a guess that it only costs a few seconds over the entire run.

Pretty solid run. A/V good. Good route/execution. Accept from me.
HELLO!
Video is bouncing like crazy.  Is that what a "bob" is?

And grr this game really has snes giant sprite syndrome.

I've seen Adventure Island speedruns on the NES, and this seems to share the traits of those.

I find the video shaking to be really distracting, and would hope it can be re-encoded if possible, but I can't see holding it back from an Accept over that.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-08-30 09:47:47 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
What video player and quality were you watching?

Edit: I see it now too. I will make new encodes and send them in.
Not a walrus
May as well wait until you get the official time from Israeli if you're gonna make new encodes.
I am having a hard time getting it to come out right. I guess ill have to send it the raw file later.
Not a walrus
Could post a short clip and have nate look at it too.
Solid speedrun overall. Fast boss fights and generally good platforming. There is still a little bit of room for improvement of course, should anyone like to take a shot. There is the occasional missed jump, missed weapon throw, maybe a few instances where lag could have been reduced and the second water level didn't seem well planned out with respect to the fruit. Considering the length/difficulty of the run, it's nothing aggravating though. (note: I can't seem to find any run comments, so I don't know if any of this has been addressed by the runner)

ACCEPT
Terraffirmative!
I haven't watched this encode but it sounds like it will have to be re-done anyways. I saw the run when it was gotten, and I can say just about everything you can do with this game was pretty much done. Theres time to be gained, but considering how straightforward and slow paced the game is, there isn't much left to it.

accept
Now Reap The Whirlwind!
Watched the video. It looked good overall. Good A/V and no cheating. There were a couple spots with mistakes, but nothing too major.

I vote Accept.
The video bobs and I noticed some static/interference type stuff in my right headphone.  The run itself looks really good though.  I'd probably accept it even with the A/V issues, but if nate is on the case then this is an easy decision.  Accept
Formerly known as Skullboy
A/V is watchable. No cheating detected.

Of the Adventure Island games released in the US for the NES and the SNES, this one is the one I've played least and I have yet to beat it. The run looks pretty smooth and I liked the energy manipulation for 2-3. This run is pretty solid. I accept this run for publication.
1-Up!
Decision posted.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Could post a short clip and have nate look at it too.

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/whatre_the_d_f_and_fdp_for_this_game_153.html

Attached is a 2 second clip of the raw file. Short because it is the raw
Attachment: