Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Shotgun wielder run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Visual is cool.
Audio, I wasn't hearing the voice acting.
No cheatin' ere.

Sunset Riiiidaaaaaaas.  You know, Konami kicked a lot of ass on the SNES.  Anyway...

Greedwell, Like a Pig:  Nigh perfect...

Hatfield, the Original Triple HHH:  Auto scrolling, a runner's worst enemy.  But the Boss is maximized for violent damage every time he poked out.

Dark Horse, of the Apocalypse:  You'll notice there isn't much to say about the stages...  The boss is blasted, runner makes note of it possibly being better, but this is still acceptable.

I always laugh when that broad gets kicked out the bar, so dramatic.

The Smith Bros, of Top Hat:  Flawless, really.

Cormano gets a prostitute break, looks like he's shining the shoes of the girl in the yellow dress with his hat.  What a gentleman.

El Greco, Roman Style Wrestling:  Level run  through was quite good.  Dodging the mail poles while hugging the right of the screen is especially note worthy.  Then it's the battle of the Sombreros.  No contest.

Chief Wigwam, Like a Teepee:  You missed the 1up, what the hell is Flip going to use for his avatar now?!  This was always the hardest boss for me as a kid, this makes the Chief look pathetic.

Paco Loco, El Pollo Loco:  Auto scrolling... That wasn't even a boss fight.  Love how he's flies forward after dying.  And then you set the bomb right next to his face.  Ka-Boom!

Sir Richard Rose, Vega's cousin:  Bullet dodger award here.  Rose goes down like you couldn't imagine if you've played this game at all.  A bit of bad luck dude?  You got shot 728 times...

Needless to say, this is an obvious ACCEPT.  The run is nearly flawless and the things the runner points out as shortcomings wouldn't even be noticed by anybody but the most experienced players.  And I can't even imagine them griping about it. 

Good show old man.

Quote:
This is typical Uyama. Nigh perfect execution and planning, yet he still goes on about how it could be improved Tongue

There is little I can add to the discussion, except to reiterate just how satisfying it is to see one of your childhood favourite games get curbstomped.

Accept. Accept it so hard.

Quote:
Audio is Good.
Visuals are good.
Unless Uyama is the most sneaky cheater to have ever graced this earth and his entire legacy has been the greatest lie since Watergate, I will confirm that there is no cheating.

To start with, we have the character select screen. A little known fact about this game is that the character select screen is there for purely aesthetic reasons. There exists only one character in this game, and he is selected without hesitation (as he always should be).

Stage 1: My food moneeeeeey!
Oh, we got half second door skips! Cormano demonstrates why he is the manliest hombre in the wild west (do we really need to be reminded?) by dodging bullets while jumping on top of a stampede so gracefully that it looks downright silly to the untrained eye.
The boss fight goes well. I always liked how Greedwell's shtick is that he has a whole lot of money that he hordes, yet he has the lowest bounty. He could easily get off the hook by simply bribing a few people, yet he decides to die in a shootout he can't possibly win anyways, just so he doesn't have to spend some of his money. He is so devoted to his greed, that Cormanno cannot help but respect him. So he buries Greedwell with his money, despite the fact that he only hunts criminals for the bounty and he would never have to worry about money again if he just took a small fraction of the heaps of gold that literally fall off of Greedwell.

Stage 2: Draw... Or any activity really, this stage is boring, nothing to see here
Autoscroller. Doesn't die. Moving on.
Boss fight could be faster! REJECT!... Is what I would say if not for the fact that he is killed as efficiently as possible. The pattern is not too bad, he dives once or twice more than desired, but such is life.
Bonus stage: A bunch of ruffians pop out with the intent of shooting Cormano. Cormano merely stares at them, and they retreat whilst wetting themselves.

Stage 3: Heap of Heart
I dedicate this stage name to the guy that bravely chases Cormano with a knife despite having absolutely no arm speed to stab him without whiffing. Cormano is so moved by his determination that he lets him continue chasing the dream without being filled with bullets.
The same cannot be said for the window guy during the boss fight, who ruins the quick kill. The boss fight is therefore "fast" instead of "stupidly fast." I suppose Dark Horse is meant to be "stupid"  as well, which is why he cannot form a proper sentence. Because functioning people with low intelligence are unable to form comprehensive sentences, clearly.
This stage also demonstrates that fire is afraid of Cormano and hesitates when he approaches.

Stage 4: Not safe for work!
Fight goes splendidly. Cormano once again demonstrates that fire cowers in his presence rather than kill him.
After the fight is a highly explicit cutscene. Can we really publish such titillating material on the site?

Stage 5: El Greco, because Konami refuses to be outdone by Capcom when it comes to stereotypes
Stage once again goes splendidly.
El Greco thought that his highly sophisticated shield was impenetrable. Sadly, he did not take into account that double shotguns poke out just far enough to bypass his shield's magical invincibility box. I hear that in the unreleased Japanese version, El Greco starts the fight by exclaiming "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba!" but I suppose we will never know.
Bonus Stage: Staaaaaarrrreeeee

Stage 6: Chief Wigw- oh, c'mon Konami...
Dangerous stage done magnificently. Cormano slides up a mountain, because he can.
Chief Wigwam is a jerk during this fight. If they made a Sunset Riders movie, I imagine there would be some scene where Cormano gets injured and then Wigwam's sister tends to him at night by a campfire and things get steamy. I'll assume that this is why Wigwam decides to be a prick and not slash more than once. Still, no execution errors.

Stage 7: Hasta l- *dies*
Dangerous stage once again done magnificently.
Mr. Heart is shot down with ease. Following his humiliating defeat, he attempts to shoot Cormano point blank, but alas, his aim is even worse than Greedo from Star Wars. He isn't hurt in the slightest by dynamite being blown up right next to his head though, I'll give him that.

Final Stage: What the heck just fell out of his jacket?
Fire just can't stand up to Cormano. Heck, even bullets get scared sometimes.
Richard Rose fight is pretty damn epic to watch. Execution is on point, and luck is pretty good.

Cormano rides off into the sunset in a scene similar to what happened when Uyama decided to step down and move onto new adventures.

Accept.

Quote:
Since I am doing this verification a bit later than everyone else, I'm not going to bother trying to make anything too silly. We have a surplus of that already. Video/audio are fine, and as Uyama said, most of the time lost is just due to boss luck and even then the final battle was pretty good in that department (which is important when you consider that it's the battle with the biggest possible time variance).

easy accept

Quote:
Oh WOW!  I'd like to shoot Mike for picking up the 1UP in the last stage but I'm going to chalk that one to "unavoidable without wasting time".  Besides, MIKE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' 1UPs! (or badges for that matter)

Why does it sound like Greedwell says "Marry me with my money?" when he dies?

WTF - no vocal dialogue between player and Chief Wigwam's sister?!

As for Rose's bad luck: SORRY 'BOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK!

Accept because the Big Sexy wants it!

Quote:
Audio/visual quality is just fine, I can also verify there is no cheating.

This run of Old Western Stereotypes: The Game is very well done, there are no mistakes to speak of and the only time savers could come from some of the bosses not being total jerks. A very solid run, with lots of horsey jumping.... the horsey jumping animation looks funny, sorry.

Anyhow, stage 1:
Very nice, Greedwell wasn't too much trouble.

Stage 2:
Horsey jumping! Also, you didn't doodle a little stick figure when Hank asked you to draw, instead you just shot him a lot... poor guy.

Bonus:
It's like whack a mole, except with guns and for some reason nobody shoots you, if they did Cormano would probably look very interesting with all those holes.

Stage 3:
The dude trying to chase you with the knife is my favorite, he should get paid extra. No big heapings of any sort of trouble on Dark Horse.

Stage 4:
These guys suck, they make their puns too fast and I don't even have a chance to. Jerks. At least they died fast.

Stage 5:
El Greco Belmont should be this guy's full name, wonder if he has a deep fear of birds along to go along with his innefective shield, I want his hat by the way.

Bonus 2:
Maybe they're shooting you with squirt guns, super soaker style!

Stage 6:
Chief Stabbykill is a much better name for this guy, mister pow-wow is the hardest boss for me so it's always nice to see yama make short work of him.

Stage 7:
Horsey! Anyhow, I think Paco Loco is a distant relative of both Soda Popinski and the Contra wall boss's soldier. Seriously though, what is wrong with that dude's skin, he needs a doctor. Or he would if he didn't die so fast.

Stage 8:
Dennis the Menace is a pretty hard boss, I guess after all those years of terrorizing Mister Wilson he learned to wear a bullet proof vest... or whatever the hell that thing is. Very nice fight, couldn't have asked for much better luck.

Once again a very nice run, very optimized and it shows!

Decision: accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: Uyama retires and churns this run out in like a week. The guy means fucking business!

Congratulations to Mike Uyama!
Thread title:  
Balls jerky
Start posting runs like crazy please. This needs to get on the site and I don't want to wait until Christmas D:
Edit history:
Aftermath: 2011-07-02 11:37:01 pm
Quits halfway
I wonder if Mike waited on the edge of his seat when he saw verification topics rolling out, like the rest of us do when your run could be in the flood.
Is PJ
No, I think Mike just logged in to Flip's account and posted this on his own.  And he wrote all the verifier responses on his own.
Professional Second Banana
Yeah, isn't Flip supposed to be on vacation?  Seems miiiiiiighty suspicious if you ask me.
1-Up!
All of these threads are posted so vacation starts.... NOW

oh wait shit I still have to pack...
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-07-03 12:20:22 am
mikwuyma: 2011-07-03 12:07:19 am
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Thanks for the responses me everyone!

I know one of the verifiers is DK28, definitely one of the longer responses and I'm going to guess he's the third one. Vugmer is probably one of the longer responses too, so I'm gonna guess #1. I'm thinking the guy who replied late is J. I'm not as good at guessing as Enhasa was, but I can still try. Smiley You'd think I would know better after doing a gazillion verification topics.

Verifier 5: You know, that conversation after the Wigwam battle can never be heard when I record to my dvd recorder, but my tv is on the same splitter and you can hear it fine through there. I really have no idea what it is.

What's actually weird is that a pistol character might be faster than Cormano, but Cormano's spot is safe because pistols and shotguns are separate categories (and Bob is slower than Cormano). Smiley

Oh wait maybe dk28 is number 5, hmmm.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Good stuff Mike, I was lucky enough to see the stream. Welcome back to speedrunning!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from mikwuyma:
Thanks for the responses me everyone!
I know one of the verifiers is DK28, definitely one of the longer responses and I'm going to guess he's the third one. Vugmer is probably one of the longer responses too, so I'm gonna guess #1. I'm thinking the guy who replied late is J. I'm not as good at guessing as Enhasa was, but I can still try. Smiley You'd think I would know better after doing a gazillion verification topics.

I love this game.  I'm pretty sure I just got 100% on my Contra III with items verification thread.  Tongue 

Anyway, close Mike.  I was numero Uno.  Smiley
Congratulations!

Also, I was verifier number 3. Hopefully that makes it easier to guess the rest. Smiley
bläää
I played this game with Mike and discussed strategies in real time, I think it was the first Mikefest. So I figuried out that it wouldn´t hurt to share my experience here. We tried a 2 player run. It was a nightmare because you couldn´t tell which of the players that the boss should aim at, which makes it a lot more difficult than a single player run. So Co-op will probably never happend.

I can also tell that pistols might be faster. It would most likely be harder too, but at least some of the bosses is killed faster with the pistols.

I am specially impressed over the sir Rose fight. That really is a difficult fight. I am glad to see that the final run is finally posted (at least I watched it today). And all the boss fight where done really fast. I would say that it is nothing to complain about, also a bunch of luck was involved. I enjoyed Mikes audio commentary too. I haven´t listened to the third track yet though.

To bad there is two slowscrollers in the game and the bonusstages is not very fun, other then that it is a fun game.
Thanks Frezy! I'm actually not sure if a pistols run is faster, because the Chief Wigwam and Sir Richard Rose fights are a lot slower as Steve or Billy. And yes, my Sir Richard Rose fight was both really lucky and good.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Pretty sure I told you this IRL Mike, but just in case...Kickass job on the audio commentary.
Thanks Sinister1, I don't think you actually told me that in person. On the other hand, sorry about kicking your ass verbally during drunk TMNT4. I didn't know how much shit I was giving you until I watched the recording. Tongue
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from mikwuyma:
Thanks Sinister1, I don't think you actually told me that in person. On the other hand, sorry about kicking your ass verbally during drunk TMNT4. I didn't know how much shit I was giving you until I watched the recording. Tongue

Are you kidding that was the most hilarious part of the run. You are about to kill Slash and I do the only possible thing that can mess it up. That is probably my favorite blooper, but apparently bonus stream is not included Sad
Haha yeah, fun times. Smiley
Great work as usual Mike Cheesy Looking forward to this one!!!
Look backwards to it? http://speeddemosarchive.com/SunsetRiders.html