Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-05-16 12:10:39 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Verifier Responses

Quote:
audio/video looks good
weak accept
my first instinct is that this isn't good enough, being a combo video maker and taser it could just be that my standards for street fighter are too high.
The run just seemed really safe, I kinda feel he shouldn't use hadouken or sweeps at all, or at least if he lands a sweep he should use it to set up a safe jump, not use it to set up a hadouken
There's no reason to ever use lp dp in a combo, mp does more damage has more range and still knocks down. HP does tons more damage but will not always get the second hit on some characters.
after a dizzy, cross up j.hk, hp, hp dp does a lot more damage and would have saved time in a few places.
Kens instant-air jump back hurricane kick into dragon punch is better then his normal b&b after a dizzy if the opponent has too much life left

vs all characters ( including chun ) you can do jump back lp, hk hurricane, mp dp
taller characters like zangief you can start with jump back hk.
it's easier then it looks but still a lot harder then the normal b&b
you can also just do a crossup ground hurricane kick as they get up and link that into dp, it won't always redizzy like the air hurricane kick combo ( redizzy is based almost entirely on the length of the combo ) but will probably kill them.
I will give this a weak accept. I think of it as, if you finish with full health it means your probably doing something wrong. This is around the same level of some other fighting game runs on the site, it's just I expect better from sf2.

Quote:
audio/video is good
I was looking forward to this, but I think it is too conservative and can be done better by this runner. However, if the other verifiers accept it, then I won't have any strong objections.
weak reject

Quote:
Audio/video is OK. No cheating.

What strikes me about this run is how held back it feels. The runner only seems to go for safe combos, and in my opinion uses way to many hadoukens and sweeps. These attacks do little more than low damage and knock the opponent back.

Below are some statistics regarding hadoukens. Each column represents a fight.
Hadoukens per fight: 3, 3, 10, 15, 11, 29, 8, 8, 15, 2, 8, 11
Hadoukens landed:    1, 2, 5,  9,  4,  8,  5, 2, 2,  0, 2, 1
Hadoukens blocked:  2, 0, 4,  4,  2,  14, 2, 5, 5,  0, 4, 5
Hadoukens missed:    0, 1, 1,  2,  5,  7,  1, 1, 8,  2, 2, 5
Total number of hadoukens: 123

And I'm aware some blocked hadoukens are performed to trigger specific behaviors, e.g. a forward jump. However, the runner almost exclusively follows this with a sweep.
The strategies used seem to work better for doing a no-damage run than a speedrun.

An other verifier has done a good job explaining combos, so I'm not going to venture into that.

I'm going to reject this. The runner has talent and can surely do a lot better with more risk taking.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Too many conservative strategies, and the best combos weren't used.

As always, this run will be available to download for a month, PM me for the link.
Thread title: