Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2009-09-29 06:16:38 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

-Arcadian-'s easy run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
First off, sorry it's taken me so long to verify. I didn't see your message in my mailbox. Turning on email notification now Smiley

Here are my comments:

Cheating - None found. Any of my gameplay concerns I had were satisfied by testing the strategy in-game.

Video / Audio Quality - Good.

Consistency - One segment (11) had missing footage, see below. The start/end of each segment is cut off (it would be easier to verify if we could easily see the menus), but ammo/grenade/health seems to check out between segments.

Segment comments:
05 - Strange choice to doubleback for grenades and health before setting the sniper up. His comment says he's not able to breach the door himself, but I know you can. It's beneficial to have your squad do it, though.

06 - First door can be breached yourself without problem. Otherwise impressive segment.

08 - Comments say that the droids eventually wake up, but that was rarely ever an issue in my experience. Doesn't take any time to destroy them though. I hoped he would have had a squadmate set the very last charge and then detonate it from farther down the path. I believe it would save 5-10 seconds, but I've never personally tested it.

11 - Glitch in the video 0:19 where it skips ahead at least 7-10 seconds. Hopefully the original can be reencoded. If not, it's pretty confusing. I've encountered a glitch where if you wait on detonating the charge (on the 'ammunition loading area' as the runner calls it, I have no idea what it is) until you're right next to the door, then all the droids at the base of the ramp don't spawn. But it's a fickle thing, and probably not worth wasting time trying to get the glitch to work. The important thing is the EC grenade that kills the droid opening the window on the other side of the room. The squad door breach slows him down a little, but not a big deal.

12 - I'm beginning to think the difficulty of Spiderdroids is just completely random. I've had wildly differing times when taking them out. Runner takes this one out in ~41 seconds, I've killed it on normal in ~45 seconds, so either we're both doing it right or we're both doing it wrong. Almost loses time worrying about healing squadmates (which disappear next segment anyway), but he jumps over the gate just as it's coming down. No problem.

14 - Other than the 3 shots it took to take down the elite (that's sloppy, soldier! :)) this was a very well planned segment. The glitch at the end is very useful, good work.

Overall: This is exactly what I expected from an easy difficulty run. The only improvements I would make would be minor. I ACCEPT this run, and I hope the posting of this run will encourage the runner to do the remaining two chapters when he is able.

Quote:
Checked the run twice - once in general, second time for consistency. Seems to check out. AFAIC, it gets a green light.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a good run.
Thread title:  
Thanks for the good review. I didn't realize that there had been a encoding mishap in the 11th segment.

In any case I hope everyone enjoys it.