List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Quality Video and sound OK. No cheating (game developers may disagree)
Timing 00:54 - 35:09 = ~34:15 run time
Comments This run is really good. As he mentions in his comments, the route is basically the same as the TAS, and he pulls off most of the requisite tricks very quickly. His general control is good, and despite a little bad luck on Ripto it'll be very difficult to beat this. Definitely deserves to go up; best Spyro run on the site right now! ACCEPTO

Quote:
Quality is fine, timing is ~34:15.
There's really not much to say, all the skips are executed quickly, it matches the TAS, has a little bad luck on the final boss but the execution is right where it needs to be.

Accept, and why is this not on SDA already?

Quote:
Quality: good
Time: 34:15
Decision: Accept
Comments:
Very few mistakes. The only mistakes that I have seen were simple platforming mistakes that lose a couple of seconds. He nailed swimming in the air on his first try, which was quite nice. A very nice first run for it's category. The only big problem that I see in this run, is that the runner is using the ps3 version which is a bit slow compared to other versions such as ps2 & ps1. If the runner was using the ps2 version he would have got 33m or less, due to loading times.

Quote:
OK, very nice run. A few mistakes, but clean overall.

Ran into a wall toward the end of Idol Springs, but didn't lose too much time.  Ran into one a little before but didn't lose time because he had to wait for the door anyway.

Hey, look what I can do!  Lost about 5-6 seconds by missing the double jump, but not too bad at Colossus.

Hurricos: Wow. 

Sunny Beach:  Lost about 5 seconds on the double jump off the baby turtle box, but not bad.  Turtle didn't take the first flame at the end either.

Aquaria Towers was nice.

Very nice Crush fight.

Broke Crystal Glacier like an egg.  Very clean.

Skelos level skip was nice.  Messed up the menu a bit, not bad.

Nice Breeze Harbor, still fast without the skip, and gets more gems for later.

Beautiful climb skip.

Looked close on the second glide on Scorch, but still was very, very good.

It's unfortunate we can't hear the bagpipes in their full glory, but the level was fast.

Magma Cone was performed nicely.

One of the slowest levels in the game, but Shady Oasis was done well.

The trip to Zephyr hit a few walls.  The actual level was done well.

Great Gulp.

Headbash skip was missed once, lost about 4-5 seconds.  Swimming in the air first time makes up for that.

Phase 1 could've probably been 3 rounds with a little more luck.  2 and 3 were both nice, except for some unlucky orb spawning on phase 2.

The run was great, especially for a single segment.  Definitely an accept from me.  Sorry I took so long.

Quote:
No Quality issues detected, no cheating detected.

Although there are mistakes, there's only a few seconds wasted and they don't take away from the excellent flow of the run.

Fantastic planning and execution throughout, most of the tough double jumps are hit first time.  The gem planning in particular was very nice, and several of the levels were just destroyed!

I should also like to point out that getting the swim in air glitch first go without headbash is very tough and the runner makes it look almost casual!

I don't know how the loading times between ps3 and ps2 differ, although they did look longer on this run than on my copy so possible way to save time there as one of the other verifiers already said, but overall great run, will be very tough to beat and I have no hesitation in accepting this run.

Quote:
This was a really interesting run. To be honest, I didn't even know it was possible to go through without getting a single orb. I'm familiar with all the glitches, but I guess I never thought of a way to actually use them in such a manner.

The run was very impressive overall. There were a few little mistakes that could have ended up shaving maybe 20-30 seconds off the time, but with the inconsistency of some of the glitches, a few minor setbacks don't kill the run. And, of course, some of the lost time can be attributed to the sheer crap that was going on in the Ripto fight. That was some wonky orb dropping. Perhaps the game was upset with the runner for breaking it so much.

A definite accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sven 'Neviutz' Leise!
Thread title:  
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Should this run be considered a major skips run?
dabes
I think the general consensus for spyro 2 runners would be "yes", since a lot of them favor doing 40 orb runs as well, and I'm sure they'd like the option of doing a 40 orb run for SDA as well if they want, just like Super Mario 64 has the 70 star category.
Edit history:
DRsynj: 2012-04-11 11:34:25 pm
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
As Surreal said, we generally consider 40 orb the 'any% no major skips' category.
Also, grats Neviutz!
Speed is all that matters.
Thanks a lot guys.

As Surreal and DRsynj mentioned already, this run is considered a major skips run.

As for the loading times that some verifiers mentioned. Yes - the PSN version has longer loading times and plenty of lag in most of the levels. I lost most of my time on this but sadly PS3 was the only option I had to do this run. Maybe someday if I can get an NTSC PS2 and a copy of the game I might do another run.
Gratz Neviutz! Also, the game page does exist yet! Albeit just as of 5 days before this acceptance was posted, but it still exists.
The Spice is Life, Cajuns are Gods!!
Crap, I didn't know you could post something as a person that exists without being logged in as that person. Figured it would just ask for a password. :\
Oh, ok, it's spyro 2. Smiley I ended up beating 1 and 2 as a kid and halfway through 3. I'd like to see what you did with this.