List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SplinterCellChaosTheory.html

Michael 'Tigger77' Welle and Thomas 'TT99' Tewes's 2-player Gamecube run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Here's my comments for the Splinter Cell:CT run.

Recording issues:

-Segment 1 is just a 2 second video showing a menu.
-Segment 11 has the same issue.
-This is probably the game’s fault but the videos are rather dark, which makes watching the videos rather difficult.

Sound issues:

None that I could notice.

Play quality:

Segment 1: Like I said, it was more or less missing, so I can’t comment on it.

Segment 2: It appears as though P2 lost time having to re-do a jump to climb up a ledge.

Segment 3: Didn’t spot any mistakes, though the movement of both players could’ve been a little cleaner.

Segment 4:  If I’m not mistaken, had the sticky cameras been both shot within close proximity of the 2 guards’ starting position, then they could’ve been taken out instantly.

Segment 5: I’m pretty sure that the fall which caused damage would not have wasted time had the players rolled out of it.

Segment 6: No complaints.

Segment 7: P1 made a hacking mistake but since he finished before P2, it was of no relevance towards the final time. Only other improvement I could see is P2 inputting the door code faster, though that might save fractions of a second at best.

Segment 8: One of the players made an unnecessary roll in dispatching of an enemy guard, which cost time in having to go from a crouched state to a standing state before beginning a new running sequence. Understandable nonetheless considering it was an evasive maneuver to minimize the odds of dying against that specific guard.

Segment 9: Some hesitation in commands, nothing major.

Segment 10: The flash grenade could’ve perhaps been prevented with some luck manipulation, assuming it was only used to avert enemy attacks.

Segment 11: See recording issues comment.

Segment 12: The beginning moves were far from perfect but nonetheless acceptable. There was also a point where one of the players hesitated before withdrawing his gun which easily wasted a second or two.

Segment 13: Looked good.

Segment 14: I think shooting down the corridor could’ve been faster than using grenades, and even if it weren’t, both players ran a pretty generous distance away from the grenade before it detonated, so that could be tightened up a bit.

Segment 15: P1 had to re-do at least 1 jump to trigger a successful climb.

Segment 16: Got unlucky with the hacking at the end, though that’s quite forgivable.

Segment 17: I counted 3 total missed jumps, though the hacking was noticeably fast to compensate I suppose.

Segment 18: No major mistakes.

Overall feelings: A pretty solid run overall. Both players performed cohesively, the flash grenade strategies were solid and most actions were executed reasonably fast. Easy accept from my end.

After I told the verifer segments 1 and 11 were probably incomplete downloads, he said this.

Quote:
Re-downloaded those 2 segments and they worked this time. Play quality was fine, so my verdict doesn't change.

Quote:
I have verified the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory co-op run.

The overall quality of the run is very good. It's a bit hard to understand what's going on sometimes, but you can tell the run is basically optimal for the most part. The main thing I wondered was why, in Part 14, P1 waits a few seconds to interrogate the guard he has in a chokehold, but there might be a reason for that, and either way, it doesn't lose much time. There is one death at the end of Part 10, but it's after the level completes and actually appears to be caused by a bug in the game, so it's no problem.

The audio/video quality of the run is excellent; I didn't see any glitches anywhere.

The level times are all correct, making a total time of 20:23.

My recommendation would be to accept the run.

There was supposed to be a third verifier, but he disappeared.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Nice to have another 2-player run.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Tigger77: 2009-03-24 07:00:13 am
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Cool that it get accaptet and a big thanx to the vertifier for ther perusal vertification  Wink

some notes to the first vertifier:

Segment4: Yeah you'r right but the level end is timed by the end of speaking you just have to open the door befor it stops

Segment5: the cool thing about that is that it acctuly SAVE time P2 makes a slide jumb on P1 so he gets faster (not planned just happend Grin )

Segment12: absolutly right

Segment14: good posebility mabey you are right

Segment17: right

mfg Tigger77

(user is banned)
Edit history:
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 10:11:21 pm
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 09:30:30 am
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
@ Tigger77 : nice work and Congratulation  Smiley
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
thx  Grin  Grin