List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Splatterhouse.html

any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Character starts moving at 0:06 and the last hit lands on the boss at 13:17.

Comparing to the old run, everything went WAY better. Improvements on bosses 2 and 5 are very notable and the slide is executed flawlessly through the whole run. I don,t think I need to elaborate as much as I did last time, everything is SO much better.

Verdict: Accept.

Quote:
Flipster, it's me again.

All technical stuff checks out.

Now I was a huge fan of the initial run.  This game is brutal, so seeing it run is a treat for me.  This new iteration is so polished.  As noted, the run and boss fights are great.  He even slaughters his girlfriend skipping the transformation scenes which is exceptional.  And bonus points are added for the awesome mirror dancing.  I wholeheartedly ACCEPT this new iteration.  Very well done indeed.

Quote:
First off, I approve of the visual and audio quality of this run.

Secondly, I thought that the run just posted not all that long ago was damned impressive, and this goes even further, Splatterhouse is by no means an easy game and the runner tears through it with such ease it makes me just ever slightly so jealous haha.

Third, russian dancing in stage 2, who knew Rick was such a champ at it!

Biggie Man becomes face full of shells man in mere seconds, I still love the quick kill strat for the poor guy, never stands a chance.

The autoscroller is entertaining due to all of mister Rick's super sexy dance moves, his backup dancers suck though. First they break the mirrors, then they try to kill him? What asshats. Zombie head boss is kind of a jerk, but otherwise the fight goes awesomely.

This next stage here was always a bit of a pain I thought due to bizarro sliding floors and the alien looking dudes never cooperate. Then there's autoscrollerville part 2, cause the game definitely doesn't have enough already!

Then there's the Olive Oil- I mean Jennifer fight, it is absolutely perfect, just holy crap. I had no idea that would even work and on that fight alone you would be hard-pressed to find any improvements to this run any time soon.

Oh hey, Monster Womb level, and it's....an auto-scroller! Fantastic music at least, probably my favorite track along with Captain Mozarella's battle tune. Fairly good luck on the monster heart at the end, though some BS spawns happen, it's a given in that boss though.

Memorization, the level! Captain Mozarella's battle goes about as well as it can, no horrible dirt block spawns, also scoring pretty much max hits on every pass is damned awesome. Rick shows off his mad dance skills to Dr. West's tormented ghost causing him to straight out obliviate himself and the game ends.

I can't say anything other then accept for this run, I think this will be a VERY long-standing record on this site, if it's ever beaten I'd be surprised honestly.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Zack 'zallard1' Allard!
Thread title:  
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Nice! That was a pretty quick improvement, and I really liked the first run. Can't wait to check out the upgrade.
Edit history:
zallard1: 2012-01-23 12:00:39 am
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks sinister1! Didn't know you watched the first run that I did, awesome to know that you liked it Smiley

Main reason why I wanted to improve the run so quickly was because of the new strat I found for the Jen fight, which cuts the fight from about 30+ seconds to under 9. Also, another huge time saver is in the stage 2 boss fight where I get both knives in the corner which kills both in one slide. Was like a fluke fight, since I've never had that happen before, and I haven't been able to do it again since.

Oh yeah, I had to step up my Russian dancing too. Without it, this run would not be possible Wink

EDIT: Oh, and one thing I need to note. The timing in this run actually ends when I lose control of Rick (not when the boss dies). That's why my stat id says 13:19 instead of 13:11, since it takes several seconds for control to be lost.
Quits halfway
Oh awesome, an improvement, I was thinking this would be the 360 splatterhouse. Really liked the first run too, glad to hear the dancing has improved!
Is PJ
This run is ridiculous.  Major congrats, zallard!  I've never even played this game before and I was thoroughly entertained.  I particularly enjoyed the dancing and moonwalks.  Haha.  Well done!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks PJ! I keep forgetting about the moonwalking, but yeah that moonwalk is totally helpful on the slopes. Rick's hitbox is near the front of his sprite and since the forward slopes propel you forward no matter what direction you face, it's preferable to look away from the jumping hands so you get a little more time for them to fall all the way down before jumping to the next platform.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
I am surprised you were able to improve the original run that much, nicely done! And of course the dancing was superb.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
zallard is beast!
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Never played.  Great watch.  Dancing was so awesome!
SGL Scrublord
Wow, this is incredibly well done!
This run is hot:  Nice dancing during the downtime as well!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I'm honestly shocked how many people like this run. Shocked Thanks everybody!