Sonica () (flash) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'RockoSonicFan'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Sonica () (flash) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/sonica-20230202/2023-02-02%2013-45-38.mkv

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Pretty impressive run, am I right?
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2023-02-20 01:43:09 pm
Are the enemies and vanishing blocks on a global timer based on the time since you started the run or do they start moving the same way in each level once you're entered it?
They start moving the same way in each level once I've entered it
1:38 - Looks like you a reacting to the block reappearing instead of passing through the teleport before it's done that. Is there randomness in how long the block will remain gone for? If not, you should be using a cue in the enemy placements or something to know when it's about to appear and save time by going earlier through the teleporter. Cause I can't see how the monster up top would have slowed you down if you had been a little faster there.
Edit history:
RockoSonicFan: 2023-02-20 04:00:58 pm
I'll check it out
Here ya go

Attachment:
I've played around with this game for short a bit. It's quite unfriendly for speedrunning, with slow-moving enemies blocking your path in many places and ridiculously large hitboxes (not unfair, but still frustratingly big).

With a game of this type, with set enemy locations and movements (no RNG), a set jump height, a very limited control scheme, buffered jumps and overall a short game, I think it should be possible to produce a run with essentially no visible mistakes.

As Lotblind pointed out, there appears to be an easily implemented time save in one of the last rooms. The room where you clip into the moving platform could also be improved. As I demonstrated in my video showing this trick (shared via pm, but attached here again for reference), you can just run to the exit, instead of jumping. It's a small, but noticeable, time save.

Edit history:
RockoSonicFan: 2023-02-21 05:56:50 am
And all of it is done in the new run
Edit history:
RockoSonicFan: 2023-02-21 09:33:57 am
RockoSonicFan: 2023-02-21 09:33:35 am
Quote from ktwo:
I've played around with this game for short a bit. It's quite unfriendly for speedrunning, with slow-moving enemies blocking your path in many places and ridiculously large hitboxes (not unfair, but still frustratingly big).

With a game of this type, with set enemy locations and movements (no RNG), a set jump height, a very limited control scheme, buffered jumps and overall a short game, I think it should be possible to produce a run with essentially no visible mistakes.

As Lotblind pointed out, there appears to be an easily implemented time save in one of the last rooms. The room where you clip into the moving platform could also be improved. As I demonstrated in my video showing this trick (shared via pm, but attached here again for reference), you can just run to the exit, instead of jumping. It's a small, but noticeable, time save.

And all of it is done in the newest run that I just submitted.
So yeah what do you guys think of the newest run I submitted?
Well based on what I can tell, provided the hitboxes are as annoying as ktwo is saying, I didn't see obvious mistakes this time. A/V is good with the cursor being out of the way.

accept
Wonderful!
May the decision result be put up please?
Decision posted.
The decision is posted on the due date of the verification usually.
Edit history:
RockoSonicFan: 2023-03-01 02:50:10 pm
Quote from LotBlind:
The decision is posted on the due date of the verification usually.

You're telling me. I wonder what the delay was. Nonetheless, it was worth it.