Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SolomonsKey.html

Solomon's Key (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscus) (nes)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I'd like to think my nagging on more edge jumps led to more edge jumps!

Only question I have is room 45.  Is there a pixel Dana can get to where he avoids the spawning head and still be able to remove and reset the block by the door?

Aside from that, in the grand scheme, anyone watching this run will have difficulty noticing the mistakes that were in the run.  You have to read the comments, really, to understand the mistake.

I've verified this game many times.  Always fun to watch.  Easier accept each time.

Quote from Boxfat:
Oops, apologies. As usual, I'm the hangup. (I've got the easy job, too...)

Anyway, this is pretty much a formality because ktwo plays this run like one would expect.

It's very clear to see that there are tons of minor optimizations, and any mistakes made are so minor that they're difficult to see unless you're directly looking for them.

It's been pretty fun watching ktwo's stream to see the progress on these attempts, and there have no doubt been many resets. When it all comes together though, it's pretty cool to see!

Audio/video is good, no cheating, etc.

Easy accept.

Quote from Dragondarch:
I've verified every run that ktwo has sent in for Solomon's Key, and thus far I haven't been disappointed. This is yet another improvement to the any% category, now including more small optimizations and riskier strats.

Easy ACCEPT.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ktwo'!
Thread title:  
Thanks to the faithful verifiers for still taking the time watch my videos! There is one more run in the works (an improvement of the best ending), but I think that will be the last serious speedrun on Solomon's Key for me.

Verifier 1, you have keen eyes. There is indeed a magical position that allows you to break the block you talk about without getting hit by the demon head. It would save ~3/4 seconds. Stopping on the right position is frame-perfect though. I did know about this before, but chose to exclude it because of it being late in the game. However, I hadn't mentioned it in the game page in the knowledge base, but that's updated now. Might be useful if someone comes along one day to push the time lower.