Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Giel Goertz's warp run

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Verifier: comments for the Snake Rattle n Roll run:
Verifier: At first when watching it sounded like a drunken person was trying to sing along, but couldn't quite keep up. Good old PAL. Smiley
Verifier: Level 1 needs no comment.
Verifier: Level 8 could definitely see some improvement, especially in the first pool. The decision to not get the tongue extender until after he's running after a few fish seemed a bit curious. Then there's a couple seconds getting to that door after it opens. Beyond that, this level was good.
Verifier: Level 9 was pretty good, and I'm surprised he managed to avoid activating the foot for the level. Didn't know you could do that.
Verifier: Level 10 was also good in using a couple shortcuts, including the first one which I thought was not possible to do. The "ohshit!" moment at the end of the level was a nice cliffhanger, as well.
Verifier: Level 11 was really quick, especially with the foot not stomping until it was already very close to dead. I'm guessing that's a PAL thing for it to not active that quickly, lucky bastards.
Verifier: No signs of cheating, and the video quality is good.
Verifier: Overall, accept.
Verifier: oh, wait
Verifier: forgot audio quality
Verifier: it's good too

Quote:
Video and audio quality looks good, no skips or tearing. In the boss level there's a section of wall showing off the top of the screen, but that's from the game itself so no worries there.

No deaths, despite a couple of close calls at the end of level 10 during the final climb.

Didn't spot any cheating, the only part that's even remotely dubious is how fast he smacks up the final foot, but it's easily within the realm of fast fingers.

Level 1 goes as fast as I imagine you can go, since it's just one straight line from start to finish with a couple of jumps in between. He doesn't get stuck on anything that I can see.

Level 8 he knows exactly when the door's going to open and starts swimming in its direction well ahead of time, exiting each section as fast as possible. He has minor trouble grabbing a couple of the the pellets and I'm wondering why he grabbed the second tongue extension since it doesn't look like he makes use of it, but other than that looks fine.

Level 9 also looks good, makes a couple of risky jumps to save time, but wastes a second or two on slightly missed "climbing" jumps. Little or no hesitation on the harder jumps.

Level 10 he loses a few seconds to bad luck when the pellet spitter throws a couple the wrong direction, causing him to have to wait for more pellets. No worse than if it threw him a bomb, really. During the final climb he gets stuck a couple of times and misses a couple of jumps the first try, nearly slipping to his death at least twice. A bit of hesitation for the final jump to the door, but that entire section is made of nightmares and the ground up dust of broken controllers. Icy ground that's sloped perpendicular to the direction you need to be travelling, with instant death if you slip off either side? Somebody at Rare must enjoy the tears of children.

Not much to say for the boss foot, he kills it damn fast and then hangs out under the UFO to end the level quickly. Maybe a second lost to following hesitation, which may be the "being careful" he was mentioning. (It's instant death if the thing lands on you.)

Overall, little time lost to mistakes or hesitation, doesn't ever take any damage from anything, and his routes and planning look damned solid, the only dubious action grabbing that second tongue extension in level 8. I say accept.

Quote:
I am glad to see someone submit a record for this game. There was easy to see some parts that can be improved. But the game is part wise very hard. Just to see someone finish the second to last level is kind of impressive and I guess that can kill you over and over again even if you have very much of experience from this game. And best of all. The player does not die even once. I would like to pass this run, in other words, thumbs up from me. I know it may be improved in the future and it could be better. But I think this run would be of normal SDA standard.
The video quality looks good and I know all that is possible to do on the PAL version. I have just seen the video twice though, and I am sure that there is verifiers that is more familiar with the game then me.

Quote:
Okay, I absolutely hate this game. I would hate it a lot less if it was just a bad game, but the game tricks you into thinking it's fun, and that's when stages 6-10 come in.

Maybe the game wouldn't anger me so badly if the designers didn't think they were clever for fitting in as many traps and awkward slopes as possible in place of fun level design. Sad

But I digress, I should comment on this run. There are a couple of jumping and maneuvering mistakes in the run, but it was quite impressive considering all of the shortcuts and how frustrating it is make successful jumps in this game. That, and the run is deathless.

Verdict: Accept

Reason: OH MY GOD HE MADE THE JUMP AT THE END OF LEVEL 10.
Thread title: