List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Run with deaths

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio: Doesn't seem to work in Windows Media Player, but works in VLC.
Video: Good

This game controls like complete and utter garbage, so all the damage that is taken is understandable. The runner does EXTRAORDINARILY well with his life in the first 3 levels. Going into level 4 with 89 life and 0 deaths? Insane.

However, level 4 (aka the absolutely obligatory ninja stage within a pirate game), wrecks him with STUN. This is random and One Eye's hitbox is too fat for his own good, but damn does he get wrecked. Regardless, understandable, not like he gets OWNED or anything... That happens at the end of level 5.

The end of level 5 is one of the greatest ass kickings I have ever seen in a speed run. It comes at the hands (?) of two rats. These two rats hate One Eye with a burning passion, have zero fear, and see right through his tricks. Their eyes are red with fury, and their pressure is rock solid.

One Eye tries desperately to chicken block out of the strings of these hellish rats, but the rats knew his scrubby tactics, and punish with the unblockable cannon trap that they set up. They do this MULTIPLE TIMES.

The rats are too strong. Future runs must seek glitches to somehow avoid this unwinnable encounter.

Other than the rat fiasco, this run is pretty solid. He could probably get away with one less death at the very end, but oh well.

Decision: Accept.

Quote:
Audio: Same problem as verifier 1. Doesn't work in WMP, but does in VLC.
Video: Good

This is one of a few games that I grew up with as a kid (I had great taste in games!), so seeing a run of it got me really excited.

There wasn't much in this run that I was concerned in this run, but those who aren't familiar with the game might say otherwise because it looks like he messes up a lot, but that's because this game controls like a broken shopping cart and the RNG is monstrous (for example, the wizard's magic shots).

The one thing I questioned was the barrel and how the runner got hit by them multiple times. What I didn't know is getting hit by them actually counts as a kill for him, which is an interesting strategy.

The runner did die twice, but I'm honestly amazed he didn't die more because it's extremely easy to die. On top of that, he did a really good job with ammo consumption.

I'm going with accept. The two deaths do make it look bad, but it's honestly extremely hard if not impossible to not die. This is a really great run and I think those who have played the game will appreciate it.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Josh 'Funkdoc' Ballard!
Thread title:  
Is PJ
Congrats Josh!
Oh man this game.
Remember your mantra.
Haha, of course this would be a Funkdoc run.

Despite its reputation, this is by no means a bad game. I'm excited to see it added to the SDA list
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Funkdoc run?? Count me in.

Grats Josh.