List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS run any% NG+ run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
This is a New Game + run, as a weapon which requires the game to be completed is used. This run follows the 'neutral' path through the game up until the last stage, but as this is probably the fastest way, just saying it's an 'Any %' run should do. As he points out in the comments, he does use a fairly significant glitch to save a lot of time. I don't know if this requires a separate category; a 'pure' alignment run wouldn't have much use for it.

When he's using the glitch, the timer is frozen. The result is that the time taken from adding together the stage and boss fight times comes to less than half the 18:30 he gives (I calculated it to be 8:54.14). If it's being timed manually, the time of 18:30 is accurate, going from when the timer starts on Westopolis to when the final hit is landed on the Egg Dealer.

Westopolis: Quick enemy disposal, good use of Chaos Control.
Glyphic Canyon: Warps through most of the stage using Chaos Control.
Prison Island: Well done. Good plan to get the most out of the method he uses.
Sky Troops: Again, good use of Chaos Control.
Iron Jungle: Brilliantly done. The fight with the Shadow Androids is excellent.
Egg Breaker: Just gets a sub-7. Nothing negative.
Lava Shelter: Some impressive jumps. Good overall.
Egg Dealer: Brilliant fight. Under 1:30 is excellent.

Accept.

Quote from Same:
Sorry, forgot to mention the quality. The screen seems to bob up and down, but that might just be the quality of the verification copy. It's synched well.

I did have some reservations about accepting this on the basis of how it's done. However, I decided to let it pass because there are other runs on the site which are as heavily reliant on exploiting things like that, and doing so wouldn't benefit every stage of a pure alignment run much (in other words, other path categories would still contain lots of gameplay). I would support making this a separate category, but I think it's a legitimate run.

Quote:
Oh man, this is horrible. I never thought a game can be perverted so horribly and this is one of my favorites. Skipping most of the stage takes the whole fun out of it - and the entertainment of seeing someone playing a game quick and skillfully out of a speedrun. If that's worth anything here in SDA than my decision is rejected, because even in the few parts where he actually has to play he's not even very good. The parts where he seems to play good are very easy to play so and the parts where it is not easy to play good-looking - he doesn't. The only thing that impressed me was Egg Dealer, I always used the "normal" strategy (I mean, without actually taking a weapon and wait for him to struggle, just running after him and take what's coming). But besides that he could've been much more faster in many parts of the game, especially when killing enemies (best example: the shield robots, I give in they are pretty enervating but they can be killed much faster than this).
If the only thing that matters is the time than I have to give an accept, even if it hurts. He just plays (as I mentioned, not as good as it could be - looked like this is the fourth or fifth attempt, assuming he's been playing the game for years before he did the run like I did and like it is necessary to be very good at it) one minute in every level and then one single glitch takes over the playing for him, neither the use of it nor the timing to end it are hard to fulfill.
Really. What have you done?
If you could do me a favor, please at least make an own category for this run. I don't want to see this... thing titled as a proven official SDA "Best time single-segment" run.
Audio and Video quality are good.

Quote:
A/V: good no problems detected

I have to say it was a good run, there were some parts that were a little bit sloppy in some battles, BUT he indeed had a great use of the chaos control to skip the levels, and as Any% the level of skill doesn't have to be THAT detailed, because your aiming to beat it as fast as you can, the egg dealer fight was really and i mean really good, it was really hard for me to decide whatever to accept this run or no, but after some thinking i will say...

ACCEPTED

Have to say that i also support this being in a different category and since others have said, this is a legimate run, so for that congratulations.

Quote:
Audio and video quality are good.
A little slow homing-attacking most enemies and there a few things he could do differently on Prison Island to save a few seconds, but it's pretty good for a SS run (plus he's very consistent with the Chaos Control trick).
Accept.  I also support making a separate category.

Quote:
Audio/Video's fine, no cheating as far as I can see.

Westopolis - Pretty snappy work there.
Glyphic Canyon - Hey, you said touch the jewel, Doom.  You didn't say which one.  Anyhow, pretty smooth run.
Prison Island - Interesting strategy with the enemies behind bars but EUGH, that trip to the checkpoint.  That's... pretty bad.
Sky Troops - See, you didn't need out help with reactivating those things, Doom.  I feel this stage could possibly use a bit more optimizing here and there (Weaving to the Shadow box on the first ship with enemies is really easy to do.  Reliable, even!) but it's still pretty good.
Iron Jungle - Niiiiice.  Pretty smooth execution.
Egg Breaker - My fingers ache just watching this.
Lava Shelter - Not bad at all.
Egg Dealer - Don't you just LOVE luck bosses?  Good for what it is though.

I always thought for a neutral route ending, this one was pretty dark.

I'd say I'd have to go with an accept for this one.  Only real choke point was that one point of Prison Island but the rest of the actual played portions are pretty good.

As for those going on about new categories, something like any% newgame+ with major exploits/glitches/whatever?  Not exactly sure what you guys have for this kind of thing.

Quote:
Da da dun da da dun da dadadun!

Westopolis: A nice solid start. Could certainly be quicker, but good nonetheless.
Glyphic Canyon: Going in right here, dat egg. This level wouldn't be half as entertaining without Knuckles, but this is done pretty well.
Prison Island: This level was...not too good. Mistakes didn't cost all that much time, but it looks fairly sloppy.
Sky Troops: This level was really slick, hard to pick out any direct flaws in execution, maybe just a few extra little tricks here and there.
Iron Jungle: Went in on those Shadow Andriods, this one looks very smooth too.
Egg Breaker: I would call this thing '<shittyboss> 2.0' but I can't imagine this is anything's successor. Made good quick work of him
Lava Shelter: This level looks pretty slow because of those shields, but it's actually fairly well done. That landing on the checkpoint was sexy.
Egg Dealer: The make of break part of the run. And the luck was pretty good, the strategy was pretty ingenious too.

The runner makes obvious use of a Chaos Control glitch with the checkpoints, and maker it look much easier than it really is. It's not the hardest thing in the world, but his consistency is very good considering.

I agree with others for it being a different category, more than just being a major glitch the gameplay is entirely different as you plan to fill hero gauge rather than just generally storming through a lot of the time. any% newgame+ with major exploits as said before is the way to go.

A/V is fine, no cheating
Decision: Accept, run can certainly be improved, but this easily meets SDA standards.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'bertin!'
Thread title:  
Strive for Greatness
metroid hunters 4 lyfe getem bertin
Waiting hurts my soul...
One more game off the request list.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
you would have thought we would have gotten this game done sooner.  Thanks to Bertin, we finally got this one done.

Congrats to you good sir.
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Congratulations. I look forward to seeing another Sonic game on the site. You know what they say: the more, the merrier.
Shut up and go back to another earth
Quote from Manocheese:
You know what they say: the more, the merrier.

Damn it ! I wanted to do this joke è_é Congratulations ! This game is no perfect but I still like it. I wanna see this run !
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Quote from NHG:
Damn it ! I wanted to do this joke è_é

You know what they say: the more, the merrier.
You know what they say: the more, the merrier!
Wha-hey!
Quote from Paraxade: