My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Jordan 'Greenalink' Greener's New Game + Single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
this run made me pop 2 boners

Quote:
A/V is fine. No cheating noticed.

Looks good to me. There's a number of small errors, but it's very hard to move perfectly in this game. You're always grabbing ledges and wallclinging, even when you don't want to. Opening the foam door with the bot on the first go should be enough to accept this run. I don't think it's totally random, but I've managed it once, ever. I would have preferred he not using a foam tower getting out of the area after the self-destruct, but instead made a few foam steps on the wall and jumped out. I'm sure it's possible with only foam and double jump by making the upper ledge a few shots long, but it would be quite difficult, whereas the foam tower is guaranteed success, so that's not a huge complaint.

Also, do we want the 'big secret' to be a separate category? It skips about half the game, allows the other half to be skipped through early rockets, and a non-'big secret' any% would be totally different. All things considered, I guess it's just another sequence break, so I suppose not.

Accept

Quote:
Verifier: it's excellent, very few errors
Verifier: and obviously it's the best legit score on the scoreboard
Verifier: so yeah
Verifier: time, even, not score
Verifier: video quality was unusually bad for a verification copy, but that's probably not an issue
me: okay cool

Quote:
The video's a little blurrier than I'm used to. Guess that's the difference a year makes, huh? From a gameplay perspective, it looks really good. There are a few missed shots and platforming errors here and there, but nothing major. Even the big slipup at the end isn't all that bad.

Falling into the jetpack room, it looked like the game locked up for a second. I don't think it's a sign of cheating, he was just going too quick for the game to handle.

There's a health upgrade he has to jump over twice. Do you lose any speed if you're jumping versus running? And if you do, would it be better to just get the upgrade, or does time pass normally in the "upgrade get" state even though Jason is in slo mo?

This run gets a long awaited, well deserved accept from me.

Decision: Accept

Reason: We FINALLY get to see this run after 10 months.
Thread title:  
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Quote:
We FINALLY get to see this run after 10 months.

Its great to finally see shadow complex being added to SDA, however with the time it take to process and convert the run onto the site, I feel that it may be another two months before the rest get to see it... Unless if you plan on adding the run in the next update...

please say you will do it...
sda loyalist
The reason it took so long was because the runner took ages to submit it. Read the thread.
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2010-08-24 04:14:36 pm
Greenalink: 2010-08-24 04:11:35 pm
Greenalink: 2010-08-24 04:10:08 pm
DS Dictator
Quote:
The reason it took so long was because the runner took ages to submit it. Read the thread.
That and because of how serious the run was going to be verified (Contra like serious or ..... some game they are not too serious on). When you watch the last section of the run the mistake is pretty laughable for an SS run but at the same time I was trying to do a trick which has a 1 frame window. Then looking back at that error, it nearly costs as much time as getting 1 extra shot from the foam bot to hit the door.
Quote:
Falling into the jetpack room, it looked like the game locked up for a second. I don't think it's a sign of cheating, he was just going too quick for the game to handle.
It's also because I entered the room from a different entrance.
Quote:
There's a health upgrade he has to jump over twice. Do you lose any speed if you're jumping versus running? And if you do, would it be better to just get the upgrade, or does time pass normally in the "upgrade get" state even though Jason is in slo mo?
I'm not too sure on that myself, the only real difference is that I use up less recording time and it makes the run a bit more pro for having 100 less units of health.

Edit: For those who never played this game and wonder why it took so long, well here it is:

Quote:
Quick history lesson: Greenalink’s Submission Complex.

August 19th Got to try out the game

September 22nd: Came first on the leaderboards with a time of 14:53

October 3rd : Produced the fastest SS run which is the one you’ve verified.

Somewhen before the 10th of October: I got an Xbox Live message saying that one guy has finished in under 7 minutes.

February: Tried to produce a segmented run but I noticed that the XP bar still increases even if you quit the game by using the Xbox Dashboard, not good for SDA because of inconsistency and one player could use it during the ‘slow mo’ level up sequence to optimise a harder part (like destroying the machines with the foam gun).

June-July: Found some evidence that the 2 faster times on the leaderboards are hacked.

Lesson learned: Don't take leaderboards too seriously because if there is no video, then it didn't happen.

Someday I want to record the runs in HD but I need to buy some equipment such as a Capture card, PC unit and a monitor because SD recording with Composite Cables on an Xbox game reminds me of RF cables of the SD Generation. If you have some good experience with HD recording with 0 input lag feel free to PM me.