--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamFE.html

Serious Sam: The First Encounter (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Tourist]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Freezard:
Can't really see the level times clear enough in the video so I timed them manually:

Hatshepsut: 0:35
Sand Canyon: 1:41
Tomb of Ramses: 1:48
Valley of the Kings: 2:07
Oasis: 2:51
Dunes: 1:38
Suburbs: 0:59
Sewers: 1:22
Metropolis: 8:01
Alley of the Sphinxes: 5:25
Karnak: 5:58
Luxor: 4:40
The Great Pyramid: 9:52

46:57

This run uses the new OoB in Valley of the Kings from my IL and the runner also manages to get a much quicker bull boost in The Great Pyramid than the SDA run does. However if you ignore those levels the run is slower than the SDA run in almost every level, starting already with sloppy execution on Sand Canyon. Dunes and Alley of the Sphinxes contain some major setbacks as well.

Also I'm not sure if this run would be flagged as large-skips, but in that case there's a way to go OoB in Sand Canyon as well, plus doing cannon jumps in Luxor/The Great Pyramid.

Quote from Ewil:
Visuals: Everything seems fine.

After seeing first couple levels, which are mostly slower than Arran's run, I wanted to reject this run due to the fact it was supposedly only 35 seconds faster and uses a new 2 minutes saving shortcut, but then the run got much better and the actual time ended up with 46:39, so I think this is definitely accept despite really bad Dunes, pretty slow Oasis and two strangely missed cannon balls while fightning a fire golem in Alley of the Sphinxes. On the other hand, Sewers is very well done.

Quote from Tezur0:
I'm not sure about this one.
Visuals and audio are fine.
Execution is really sloppy and not every OOB is implemented so the run is 5 minute slower than abtual WR for category (not even 2nd place)
I'd recommend runner to study more strats if he/she is unaware of them and then record new one (as SS runner myself I'm sure this is not hard).
This run is faster than SDA's one though I will REJECT it, because of reasons I explained earlier.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Sloppy play, doesn't use known time-saving strats.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/1462/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title: