1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Laszlo Seta's Bronze difficulty run as the Daemon.

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: the run does some nice planning and is good with drop manipulation
Verifier: albeit there are a bunch of mistakes in segments but not too bad, so I think it's an accept

Quote:
The audio and video quality seemed fine to me; there were no syncing problems I saw.

There was no cheating, and everything between saves seemed consistent.

This is a nice run. The daemon is definitely the fastest class for speedrunning this game. The runner does a good job of making use of the fast daemon flight and when possible the even faster mounted speed. The routes also seem to be optimal. There are minor mistakes, but this run is certainly SDA-worthy.

Accepted!

Quote:
Audio Quality: SDA standard
Video Quality: SDA standard

character and difficulty choice are perfect for a good time.

difficulty:
when you start with a new character like the author does there are only bronze and silver. the main difference is that the enemies are a few level higher so they can do more damage, which is bad for a speedrun.

character:
the daemon is the only character which can fly, so the daemon can use many ways the other characters cant use.

so difficulty and character choice are good for a fast time.

the planning is also quite good, there are many things which i even didnt thought about, but the conversion from the plans into a run is the point where the author apparently got problems.

The author already said that there are many objects where you can stuck on, with more segments you easily can avoid this and you also can do some luck manipulating this way(avoid the catching and frezzing spells this way). one other point to criticise is that he didnt use the shortest way, instead he used some small unnecessary detour's.

all in all i would accept this run, although there are improvments possible

Decision: Accept

Reason: All of the verifiers said the run had good planning, which outweighed the minor mistakes.
Thread title:  
The game page is up but it doesn't say that Laszlo did only the first campaign which is Ancaria!
Lay waste to everything...but I still love SDA!
Pendrokar is right, but i have an other problem with the releasing of the run. I don't know how to say, but, i checked it twice in the FAQ and i saw that the half second penalty still exists. So, then the completion time should be 1:37:56 + 12,5 seconds, isn't it?
I've got a question. I'm recently watching your run again and also playing the game a bit again and I noticed that you don't have an item picking up animation. How come? According to your main menu we have the same version. Am I missing some shortcut key (I pick stuff up with A)?
Quote from TheVoid:
I've got a question. I'm recently watching your run again and also playing the game a bit again and I noticed that you don't have an item picking up animation. How come? According to your main menu we have the same version. Am I missing some shortcut key (I pick stuff up with A)?

You can disable it in settings...  Roll Eyes
Oh, I see now. It's called "Atmospheric Animation"... What kind of a name is that for something like that? Grin

Thanks
Lay waste to everything...but I still love SDA!
Thanks for the fast reply Pendrokar.

The atmospheric animation also disables the get on/off the horse animation, and the laser wings of the seraphim.