Jim Hanson's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Honestly, the only differences between this run and the last one are:

+Less ladder jumping mistakes
+Doesn't get caught in between the yellow soldiers in stage 4
-slight mistake climbing a ladder in stage 5
+Uses the grenades during the stage 5 boss fight

I think there's a way to kill those guys without stopping in stage 5, but I can't remember how and the run is already great as is. For liberty!

Quote:
Senor Penguino,
  This run is over 8 minutes longer than the old one, wait, started at the wrong spot.  I'll just delete all of those other comments.  Damn it.

The blue knife of America's justice returns for more blood.

Level 1 - About identical to the old run, not much to improve, so it was expected

Level 2 - A little time lost on the last jet pack flying around, but still a bit faster than the old run.

Level 3 - About the same results as level 2.  The new run is just chipping away a little time level by level.

Level 4 - A chunk faster.  The old run got caught between a couple shooters part way through.

Level 5 - As noted by the runner, Mike and Frezy's commentary, and probably everybody else and their mother.  This level proves that grenades = Win

Level 6 - Fairly identical, similar to the results from level 1.

In short, the run makes improvements bit by bit through multiple levels, showing the runner has optimized the plan of attack, just a matter of better execution this time.  And of course the grenades O' level 5.  Once again, Capitalism prevails against the tyranny of the Pinko Commies.

Accept this run, not because it's an improvement, but because Captain America says so.

Quote:
Verifier: i can't tell where he improved rush n attack at all lol
Verifier: but it seems fine if its an improvement
Verifier: in fact it like seems slower in spots lol

Quote:
Yeah video finally opens and i watched this awesome run. :

Rush attack (NES) verification

This is one my favorite games ever and always loved see new speedrun with this game.
Previous one was very great run. This new one was superb.

-I not pick ups cheats or audio troubles.
-Quality was fine enought for me.

Stage 1
This was perfect run. No any stops and boss went perfect.

Stage 2
Very great level. One very shy stop (cost maybe 0,3 seconds)
Boss was good, but not great. This one is just little random and runner lost couple shy seconds

Stage 3
Like lot perfect like stage 1. Nothing mistakes or stops here.

Stage 4
Very hard level went very well. Only very shy stop very end level cost maybe 0,3 seconds.

Stage 5
This is hardest level speedrun IMO. And yeah it looks runner make some mistakes here.
1-ladder mistake
2-dodge bullet
3-stop and kill two brown enemys back.

Boss was good. But i know it is possible kill these troopers before these getting hit the ground.
It requires good grenade throw timing and seems very risky. So i think this is not very bad, because level 5 is seriously very hard level to beat for speed and boss is annoying.

Stage 6
Very well job, only one very shy stop like stages 2 & 4. Boss was very well done.

I timed 9.42. Used same time rules what i used myself.

I´ll accept this run run with two reasons

1: It is improvement
2: It is fucking great run with very few errors.

It is very close perfect game. Only levels 2 & 5 can be done better. Otherwise this run is superb. Nice job vgmr. One awesome Nes game run which is very close about perfect game.

Quote:
Rush n' Attack has always been a favorite of mine. I love to see improvements of this classic!  Smiley

When I first heard that the runner had improved his own run, I was very curious of the tactics. I'm glad the runner took a bit of time to investigate some things and try different approaches. All of the major tricks were used, and I'm happy that is the case.

A quick breakdown of the run:
- Level 1: Essentially a perfect run through. The runner makes good use of "stab-canceling" in order to kill the yellow guy quickly. Shooting the last guys with the gun a little earlier could save maybe a tenth of a second, really not even worth mentioning.

- Level 2: The level was played well. The last grenade missed the Jetpac guy, but you still killed him quickly (~2 seconds lost).

- Level 3: There are just a few very minor things I was to mention. You don't need to stab the first yellow guy laying down, but you did so very quickly. I'm glad you decide to climb the ladder and run under the red jumping enemy. That was a very tricky maneuver and I was impressed. You also climbed one unneeded ladder. All in all I'd say you lost less than a second in this level anyhow 8)

- Level 4: You slowed down when necessary to kill the yellow guys that would shoot. You handled the end of this level very well (climbing the ladders and such). Maybe you could use the gun to shoot the last enemies faster, could save maybe 1-2 seconds. I think it's worth looking into.

- Level 5: Nice save on the accidental ladder climb, great timing on when to kill the enemies behind you in order to spawn the yellow guy, and nice use of the grenades at the end of this level. Lost 1 second or so from the ladder climb.

- Level 6: This went pretty smoothly. 2 seconds or so lost on the last shots, but definitely acceptable.

Overall, a terrific run. I think there's a possible 7 or so seconds that could be made up at most. Most likely 5-6. I enjoy a run of this level of perfection. I still believe this game can be beaten "perfectly" though.

A definite Accept from me. Congrats!

Decision: Accept

Reason: Because vgmr fights for peace, justice, and the Captain America way.

My question to the fourth verifier is, "but is it like TAS?"
Thread title:  
Master-88
Quote:
My question to the fourth verifier is, "but is it like TAS?"

Hell yeah. Very close like TAS Grin
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
http://media.tasvideos.org/lozoutlands_1598.png
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
http://enhasa.quandra.org/redstar.jpg

http://enhasa.quandra.org/werewolf.png
Cigar Man
Ammerriiccaaa!  Fuck yeah!