List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Rosenkreuzstilette.html

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
So from what I can gather from the runner's comments, the runner performed this run as a means to improve on the current holder's run (Preddy).  Also it looks like the runner's route plan is the same as Preddy's run, so this should make time comparing easier...

(rounding to the average second)
Segment 1- Freudia-      12 second improvement
Segment 2- Grolla-        28 second improvement
Segment 3- Liebea-        11 second improvement
Segment 4- Luste-        16 second improvement
Segment 5- Zorne-        10 second improvement
Segment 6- Schwermuta- 15 second improvement
Segment 7- Sichte-        12 second improvement
Segment 8- Trauare-      19 second improvement
Segment 9- Zeppelin/Sepperin's Fortress- 51 second improvement 
Segment 10- Iris's Fortress- 1 minute 56 second improvement

If you add the seconds together, you are looking at about a 5 minute improvement on the current run, not to mention the quality of this run is much better than the current run too.

So really, it is an easy accept...

Quote:
According to my calculations, final time is: 30:54'53 (Had to sum all the times of the replay files.

Only found one improvement (ignoring some mistakes of the runner), and it is that you could kill the last woodling enemy on Iris 2 stage, when everything turns upside-down and vice-versa, you get a chance to kill him since they drop their leaf shields in the way to the floor or ceilling. (I can do this with Grolla, so im assuming you could kill it with a weapon).

So anyway, the run is very polished and accept-worthy. Congrats.

Quote:
I can confirm verifier 2's timing is correct. I don't have anything more to add. It's a very clear accept since it improves upon the current SDA run by a huge margin. The time can still drop even more, like the runner said, but this is as good as a lot of Mega Man segmented runs on the site and is much more deserving of a place on SDA than the previous run.

Quote:
The video files in this set play back at a faster rate than they should. You can definitely hear it in the music. Watching these videos and the current run side by side creates some disturbing music. The speed increase seems to vary a bit too among videos. Sometimes they do play back at normal speed, but that's rarely for long. Also there are graphical glitches in segments 6, 7, 9, and 10. I recommend the videos get rerecorded, which shouldn't be a problem because this game has replays. Everything plays normal on the replays btw.

The improvements in Freudia come from the subtle improvements in the stage and better luck on the boss. Saved almost 11 seconds overall.

Segment 2 is a 28 second improvement thanks to a couple tighter jumps, a much better miniboss fight, and being more aggressive when fighting Grolla.

11 seconds are saved on Segment 3 just from tighter gameplay and one or two more uses of Eins. This run actually lost a bit of time before the boss fight though. Liebea's prefight quote was longer in this one.

Segment 4 seems to be 16 seconds faster. At lot of new platforming strategies are in this one, with some new weapon usage as well. The Luste fight is a tad bit slower, though.

Improvements in Segment 5 are using a speed glitch when jumping off Zwei and a better Zorne fight. 10 seconds saved.

Segment 6 actually seemed to play back at the proper speed, or at least close to it. Improvements are better Zwei usage, omitting a jump, and that ridiculous Schwer strategy. 14 seconds saved.

12 seconds saved in segment 7. The miniboss fight was slower, but that was on purpose so he took more damage, resulting in a faster fight with Sichte. No Geister Wand necessary.

A lot of new stuff in Trauare's stage. New routes, Zwei strats, charged Geister Wand on the boss. It all adds up to almost 20 seconds worth of improvement. The only thing I don't like here is getting Lilli. I'll explain later.

Segment 9 has the most noticeable variance in sound. It plays a bit faster throughout stage 1, slows down to normal speed toward the end of stage 2, then speeds up again in stage 3. 51 seconds saved in Zeppelin's castle. Different strategies all over the place; better platforming, smarter weapon usage, including charged variants of Geister Wand and Groll Schwert, and no pauses to change weapons. Oddly, the first horizontal section of Zeppelin 4 and the first boss fight in that stage were slower than the published run by a bit.

Compared to the current run, the final segment is almost 2 minutes faster. And yet there's still time to shave off. Same as before, new strategies are implemented across the board. Most work. The Schwer refight did not work out though. And the Golden Spider fight wasn't optimal, but it is very hard to 3 round him cause Freuden Stachel is a bit random.

Now about Lilli. While the last run used Lilli exclusively to fight Iris, this run only uses her for the last fourth of the fight. Lilli took about 15 seconds to get in segment 8. She does 2 damage to Iris per hit. She sometimes can hit twice. Contrary to what the runner says, charged Lust Atem does 4 damage guaranteed. Assuming Lilli isn't being completely stupid, she and charged Lust Atem do the same damage. And as seen in this run, she doesn't always get the two hits before Iris teleports. So why waste 15 seconds to risk losing a few more on the final boss?

Because of this, I'm going to reject the run until segments 8 and 10 are improved to address this. Segment 9 would have to be done over as well consequently. The rest of the run is fucking awesome, don't get me wrong. If it weren't for Lilli, this would be an instant accept. But this is such an easy thing to correct, and there is room for improvement in segment 10 outside of the final boss fight as well. I'm positive the runner can pull off a sub 30:40 no problem.

Quote:
As mentioned by other verifiers, this run has improvements across the board in each segment. I'd be inclined to agree this as an easy accept, but going by verifier 4's comments, it seems there is slight room for more improvement in the last few segments. I hadn't considered skipping Lilly, but it makes sense given that charged Lust Atem does so much damage to Iris.

I think a tentative reject for now, until segments 8-10 are redone with the noted improvements. Given that the Bo Golden Spider fight can be 3 cycled and it is at the start of the final segment, I'm suggesting that should be managed too, even with the semi-random nature of Freuden Stachel's attack height. Otherwise, this is an amazing run.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Much better play quality than the incumbent run, despite the planning error at the end.

Congratulations to Michael '072' Moncilovich!

*Note to 072, if you want to redo segments 8-10 and resubmit, just pm/email me.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
nate: 2012-11-26 02:25:07 pm
Sub-30:40 is probably possible (though "no problem" is a bit of a stretch) but there was no planning error. Skipping Lilli would be a) slower and b) very painful, but that's not really important because of a) .

What I said in my comments is wrong, but charged Lustatem is still inconsistent -- you can see in my run that the second shot hits for an additional point of damage (so actually four + one instead of three + one which was my mistake). It should be clear at the end when she has one point remaining out of 28, when everything should have supposedly done an even amount of damage. In previous attempts I had gotten less than four points per hit.

The average is something like this with 7 or 8 points remaining after I run out of Lustatem. Each "round" is about five seconds. Without Lilli it would take an *absolute minimum* of 20 seconds to finish her off, while it only took 8 seconds to do it with her. For the absolute minimum,  she would have to be within range of Seelegewehr for all four rounds, which is... not likely at all to say the least. On the other hand, if Lilli had hit twice each round (which is also unlikely but probably less so) then Lilli would still be more than 15 seconds faster.

Unless, of course, it is possible to hit for five damage with Lustatem every time. In that case, skipping Lilli would be ~10 seconds faster. I was never able to figure out how to do it.
Dragon Power Supreme
Congrats 072 and an excellent run. I really enjoyed watching it.
gyrotechnic lollipop
Grats Michael! Always fun to watch!
Edit history:
nate: 2012-11-26 02:25:18 pm
Thank you~
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
I've always just really liked the presentation of this game.  Curios, where can I get it, download, whatever?
My name is unpronounceable
I bought the game from here, and there are links to the translation patch here.
Food goes in here
072, since you don't have an account i couldn't pm you, but would i be able to get your permission for posting your Rosenkreuzstilette run on SDA;'s youtube channel? - http://www.youtube.com/user/SpeedDemosArchiveSDA?feature=mhum
Edit history:
nate: 2012-11-26 02:25:28 pm
Sure, I don't mind.
Food goes in here