List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

'Harry9397's normal difficulty single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V: The first 15 seconds of the video is in black and white, this should just be cropped off the final encode. Also there's a slight pause in 4-1, but this is the game's doing. No idea why it does this.
Cheating: None

For gameplay I only have really stupid minor nitpicks because this run is stupid good, and uses techniques I wasn't even aware of such as cancelling a boost midway to fall off edges faster.
1-2: I seem to recall using a beam as the dragon appears from the bottom and being able to kill it even faster that way, but I could be wrong. Of course now I know how much damage air boosting does (thank you 2-2...) you could just use that instead.
2-3: Probably the first mistakes in the run occur here when the runner dashes into the shot of an enemy. I'm not even sure how possible it is to dodge this enemy's missile though the way he handles this room (since it targets you) but perhaps he could have waited a little longer and then jumped over it.
3-2: Probably the part I'm least impressed with, right at the end with the lasers and the safe spots, could've gone through this much faster, and without the scare at the end with only 1.5 hearts. Even that is only like four seconds max though.
3-3: Which pales into insignificance when you can lose a lot more here due to the boss being a random jerk. I'm fairly sure the laser attack is the best one for him to use since it holds him in place for an extended period, and he got it twice, so that's awesome.
4-3: Again, just bad luck here. Nothing you can do to maniulate his pattern that I know of.

Anyway this is a very good showing from a first-time runner and I have no issue giving it the SDA Seal of Quality. Accept!

Quote:
How to start here...

A/V: Good, more or less.  Not counting the monochrome 15 seconds that can be cut off easy since it's just all title screen and all.  Well... there's also some slight uniform sound desync from what I'm hearing but that seems fixable.

Cheating: Nope.

World 1: Looked pretty good to me.  Some interesting stuff here!  Really wish I could say more here but it was all pretty good.

World 2:
  2-1 - Also looked fairly smooth
  2-2 - What's there to say?  It's an autoscroller with almost no way to manipulate your time.
  2-3 - Now here's where the run startes to slip a tiny bit.  Specifically at the fireball cannon section.  Seemed like a good 1 or 2 second setback!  And the elevator!  Actually all things considered it's still pretty good since the losses are negligible enough.
  2-4 - Niiiiiiice!  That was a very entertaining watch considering how annoying that battle usually is, since you can't directly attack him at all.

World 3:
  3-1 - Pretty good, especially considering how annoying timed objects are.
  3-2 - Gotta agree here, the laser room is pretty unimpressive.  Not a huge loss, though.  Also a slight choke during the escape which I guess was a mistimed jump off a pole, but at this point that's just being nitpicky for me.
  3-3 - This could be faster.  This boss also sucks so much that this is quite fast all things considered!  Bravo and three cheers for lasers.

World 4:
  4-1 - Not enough score for my tastes!  But seriously, autoscroller, nothing important to say, etc.
  4-2 - Very impressive.  Just a few really minor mistakes not worth mentioning.
  4-3 - Woo, one phase boss!  That's a nice finish.

So yeah, this run is quite solid even despite any complaints.  Definite accept.

Quote:
Game- Rocket Knight
Run time- 32:41

Video quality- Good, save for the first 15 seconds, but that's already been noted
Sound quality- Good

Evaluation of the run-
1-1: Nice work, I didn't even know that you could boost over that second set of logs like that.
1-2: I didn't know that you could use the flames from your booster to harm enemies like that.  Good find.  You took more damage than I would have liked to see, but as it doesn't affect the speed of the stage itself, it isn't important.
1-3: Very clean.  You know the stage well.
1-4: I'm stealing your strat.
2-1: Good stage, good run.
2-2: Another autoscroller.  Good use of the booster to finish the stage.  A few spots where you seemed to take unnecessary damage, but that's just asthetics.
2-3: A couple of little mistakes at the second set of cannons, but nothing that sets you too far back.
2-4: Again, you show me something that I didn't know (taking out the floor underneath him).  I'm stealing that strat too.
3-1: Very good, especially with the timing.
3-2: Overall, this stage was okay.  Like the others have said, the hits you take by the lasers weren't all that great.  Probably the worst part of the run.
3-3: I think this battle could be a little faster, but as a fair amount of luck is involved this late in the run, you can't be too picky.
4-1: The final autoscroller.  Gonna be honest here: how you performed here was what I was expecting for the other two autoscrollers.  Any damage you took was mostly unavoidable, and you made it look clean and easy.  The other two seemed...reckless.  Still, that's just me nick-picking at it, and it doesn't have any effect on the final time.
4-2: Nice and clean.  I like it.
4-3: Good strat.  Could definitely be a little faster (maybe 2 seconds) by getting Swineheart to land on the nose every time instead of barely hitting the hand. Can't complain about the luck though.

Final Decision- Accept.

The run is very good.  Some minor mistakes here and there.  But nothing really keeping this run from taking its place at SDA.  I may seem a little rough on the autoscrollers, but that's just details.  Now, let's see it done on a harder difficulty!

Decision: Accept

Reason: Blast Possuming.
Thread title: