--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Riven (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Control seems to be gained at 0:11 and lost at 8:53, for a total time of about 8:42, unless there are system-dependent loads.

Video quality is fine for a game of this age, although there's a dark shaded square area around the cursor.

This run is affected by a bug in the Steam version that causes a teleport when turning around at the end of the secret passage from the prison cell (at 2:39). This costs a few seconds. This forum thread seems to say that you can turn on the first light without going to the end of the passage, but maybe that's wrong and the writer means that you must turn on the light before turning around (and getting teleported).

The route seems optimal. The few apparent odd choices (especially with the rotating room) are to minimize unskippable cutscenes.

The execution is fast. However, there are several spots where the runner misclicks or overshoots while traveling and has to correct, costing 1-3 seconds. There's a run on YouTube that's about 35 seconds faster than this one. As far as I can tell, it's mostly due to better execution, although it also isn't affected by the teleport bug. While the submitted run isn't perfect, or the best run ever, it struck me as impressive, so I vote to accept.

Quote from cojosao:
A/V: Solid, no complaints.

Gameplay: While there are some occasional misclicks as noted by the runner, and the Steam turnaround glitch on Jungle Island is unfortunate, this is a solid run with good number translation and overall execution, and a good first run for the site.

Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'frenzied_coder'!
Thread title: