1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Alex 'AquaTiger' Nichols's Conquer the World very easy single-segment 100% run as the French (who didn't surrender this time)

Quote:
Rise of Nations Verification-Very Easy difficulty

The speed-run is quite quick. He conquers cities on the battle maps quickly, using

the forces he needs to. He does a lot of extra stuff at his primary base while his

forces attack, which seems wasteful, but it doesn't seem to slow him down, so it's no

big deal. On the world map, he chooses where to attack intelligently, making sure to

position himself for his next attack, and taking supply centers for additional

armies. He uses the cards to weaken territories, capture them, and do other useful

things. As always, a harder difficult is more liked, but it is well done.

In the end I APPROVE of the run.

Quote:
Audio Quality is great with no desync.
Video Quality is good but not good enough for verification that is to say it is hard to output text! But From what I heard the highest quality was not given to the verifiers.

Gameplay:

Conquest battles on easiest difficulty are straight forward in a speedrun and not that much based on luck. After watching the run I see that having a segmented run would improve the run just by handful of seconds.
Luck in this run(The randomness seed) only comes on the start of the campaign. Same territory conquers lead to the same result. At least I reckon after a few tries in the game.

Runner takes the French Empire. It does have one great position to start at because of three nearby Capitals. After conquering a Capital all other regions owned by that faction becomes yours. Non-Capital battles should be skipped and the runner does so if we ignore the first turn.

Tactics of every battle is straight forward to claim capital while preventing the construction of another city by the enemy.

Base building on easiest is something that is rather not needed. You cannot upgrade your troops by research only send to help and the runner could only send the supply wagon that comes with Siege weapons and siege units which could only get to the enemy base at 10 turn battle. Runner was passive at base building but it did not really matter.

I could only see two improvements in battles. For one at the 10 turn battle the runner takes out the enemy defense tower. Is it required for taking the city? Otherwise units should have been sended to the eastern side of the base and attacked the city without fearing the tower.
The other would be the last battle at 13 turn. Runner had high number of units which at attacked the city from small space and other units had trouble getting in a position to shoot at the city. So I think he should had them moved closer and then attacked. But it would still save several seconds.
One improvement I saw in the world map was that the runner had 200 tribute left at the end with which the runner could have bought some useful cards such as mercenaries.

Overall: Accept! It is great for a single segment run which could as well be to the same timings of a segmented run.

I don't have the third verifier's message anymore (it's been a while), but he said the run was great.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Everyone thought the run was well done.
Thread title: