Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-12-13 01:44:43 am
Heidrage: 2012-12-13 01:44:07 am
Heidrage: 2012-12-13 01:28:12 am
Willing to teach you the impossible
Original Post
Just to save time on me, I am gunna post the exact same thing I posted on another forum...

Quote:
First time poster, already used the search function and did not find much. Sorry if this is out of place.

Me and a few others were wandering if anyone knows if it is possible to revert to an older patch of DkS. We want to patch to 1.05 (for speed running purposes) but none of us know exactly how or if it is even doable. Most of them are using the PS3 version but I am using the 360 version. Anyone have any ideas on how to roll back the patches? I believe we are looking into any solutions possible at the moment, but would prefer not taking apart our systems. But any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

360 Guide
All will require a USB drive formatted by the 360 (1GB is minimum size). All steps will assume this is already done.

USB Drive Program - This is needed to properly move the patch files into the proper locations.

Depending on when the patches come out, not the game release, will determine what PC steps will need to be followed. You can go HERE to find the patches you want. The patches may be trial and error till you find the one you want (especially if the game has MANY updates). Hint: Use the search function

PC Steps Older patches
1: With the USB drive attached to your PC (have not tested any of this with a MAC), open the USB Drive Program provided above. Go to File > Open Device Selector (a new window will pop up). Select the USB drive by double click or highlight it then press "Open Drive" (should be the only one unless you have other USB drives).

2: You will now have a file tree on the left of the program. Highlight the folder "Cache Partition > Cache" and the right side of the window should be blank. Drag and drop the patch file into this window or right click the right side of the window > Inject > then select the patch file. Once this is done you can close the program and take the USB drive out of your PC.

3: Go to 360 Steps
-------------------------------------------

PC Steps Newer Patches

NOTE: With newer patches, please visit THISweb page for game "Title-ID". Search for your game, click on it and it will be at the top next to the game name.

1: With the USB drive attached to your PC (have not tested any of this with a MAC), open the USB Drive Program provided above. Go to File > Open Device Selector (a new window will pop up). Select the USB drive by double click or highlight it then press "Open Drive" (should be the only one unless you have other USB drives).

2: You will now have a file tree on the left of the program. Highlight the folder "Data Partition" and the right side of the window should be blank. Right click in the blank area and click "New Folder", a new small window will open. Enter "0000000000000000" (16 zeros) and then click "ok". Select the newly made folder and make a new folder in that one. Name it "Title-ID" (refer to note above) then click "ok". Select that folder and create another folder and name it "000B0000", click "ok" then select it.
Your file tree should look like this: "Data Partition/content/0000000000000000/Title-ID/000B0000/"
Drag and drop the patch file into the blank window or right click the right side of the window > Inject > then select the patch file. Once this is done you can close the program and take the USB drive out of your PC.

3: Go to 360 Steps
---------------------------------------

360 Steps: Please note that you will not lose any of your saved games (unless you delete them)
1: With the most current dashboard on the 360 (I dont think this will matter though), go to Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games and Apps > Game (game you want to patch). You will see a file in with a sub title "Title Update". The DLC and saved games do NOT need to be deleted (as far as I know atm). You can go back to the Dashboard Home.

2: Attach your USB Drive, then load up the game. The game will ask you to get an update. Cancel or just press "B". You will now need to select a divice to save to, select your USB Drive. All saves will be saved onto you USB drive and will have no effect on your other save files. Enjoy playing.

3: If you install the update and use your USB drive for saves, you will have to redo all steps. Be sure to not use your flash drive as the saving device when the game is fully patched on your hard drive. You can however have it in your 360, just dont use it when playing the game you patched. Now you can just repeat the 360 steps when ever you want to play a prior patch.

Notes about this guide: Shout outs go to Sir VG for practically finding most of the stuff needed, I tested and troubleshooted everything but I was still stumped. Shout outs to SMK for giving me an idea to test and allowing me to get this all done successfully.
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
It's possible on JTAG systems, but I'm pretty sure you can't on "pure" 360s, since even if you delete the game and reinstall it, it'll either be on the original version, or whatever version that patch was on (since it might not delete or autodownload from online, which always has the newest patch). The biggest problem with "pure" systems is you don't have access to the core HDD.
Umm, English? Sorry but I followed none of that...
Fucking Weeaboo
JTAG (aka "hacked") systems can do it easily cause they have access to all the files on the hard drive (much like a computer).
Normal systems can't rollback a patch or two because newer patches overwrite older patches. And when the system downloads a patch, it's always the newest one.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-12-11 05:19:53 pm
Heidrage: 2012-12-11 05:19:17 pm
Is it possible to delete all game info then do a fresh install, then somehow get the 360 to patch for an alternative source (flash drive or something, proxy internet connection perhaps).

How would I hack my 360. HELL NO I wont do it, but might get a junk 360 or something and do it then... perhaps...

Edit: Did a quick google search on it... Ya, fuck that. I will take any convoluted work around anyone can offer.
Fucking Weeaboo
Reading from Microsoft's site it appears that game updates are possible to install from USB drive, but it's a question of whether uninstalling the game wipes out the updates too. If that works, then it's a matter of finding the right files needed. (The USB drive from what I see has to be formatted by the Xbox itself.)

You will have to make sure your system can't connect online though, since it'll attempt to download patches if it can connect.
Forcing the 360 to not connect is easy. I believe that patches are removed when the games is deleted. Can any PC read a 360 flash drive or would a program or something be needed to read and modify it?
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2012-12-11 05:28:19 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
PCs can read 360 formatted drives, no problem.

Edit: I've found a site that has title updates for download. I know that deals with patches, but not sure exactly what else is needed. I'll include a link to it anyways.
http://www.xbuc.net/?details=DARK%20SOULS
Thanks, I believe I can work it out from this point. Will take some trial and error, but I will be able to get it done given it is doable.

Would you know if this can be done on PS3 as well? The other runners here use the PS3 and would greatly help them.
Fucking Weeaboo
Probably, but I've done even less with PS3s.

I did find this. Hell, that was MUCH easier to find.
http://store.brewology.com/updates.php?letters=def
Same steps I assume for PS3 you think?
Fucking Weeaboo
Assumbly, looking at the home page on the site:

Quote:
To use the store simply visit this site in your PS3 Browser. When you find something you want make sure you have a USB storage device attached to your PS3. Click download and select the location to download to. Once back in the XMB you should be able to install the PKG without restarting the PS3.

That's what they say. You could download it on PC, but I'm not sure where the files need to go on the flash drive for the PS3 to read it. I should fiddle with it, if my broken down PS3 will work with me.
Well manually installing PKG updates on a PS3 is a whole lot more annoying. That is mainly due to not having a way to actually install signed/unsigned PKG files without being on a custom firmware.

You can delete installed game patches normally though (usually), that's under "Game Data Utility". They typically are like these https://i.minus.com/ikGKBJC4D5HS8.PNG.
Never have personally had multiple patches for a PS3 game before though, so I'm not sure if they delete previous patches before installing newer ones, or just install them over each other.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-12-11 11:07:45 pm
I have been able to patch in an earlier patch. So this is doable on 360. My only issue now is that I cant find the 1.05 patch that I want. I found the 1.02 and 1.06. Tis a shame...

Also, I am sure I can walk others threw the steps if they wanted to do this.
First post updated with a guide to reverse patch 360 games.