Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Dmitry "KhanFusion" K.'s run on I am Death Incarnate difficulty

Quote:
Hi Mike,

I've verified the run and here's my summary:

-------------------------
I'd been following the RTCW forum topic and now I've watched KhanFusion's run a couple of times.

- The audio and video are in sync and the quality is good.
- I've found no consistency errors between segments. The selected weapon and the number of bullets in it check out between levels.
- There is no RTCW run on SDA yet, but various earlier speedruns are available elsewhere on the Net. This one is faster than those.

In the forum topic the runner said he made his first ~41-minute run only two weeks after seeing s1cksyst3m's run. But he wasn't satisfied and worked on it some more, and he further improved it by another 4+ minutes. To me this is an indication of talent & persistence.

The author's game comments explain the tricks very well. (The tricks tell of great in-depth knowledge of the game.)

This game could be considered the Doom3 or Crysis of the early 2000s. As such it deserves representation on SDA and KhanFusion's run fills the void very well. Recommended & accepted.
-------------------------

Quote:
Video/audio: There are some framedrops, but nothing serious.
Cheating: No

Mission 1 Part 1

0:41 - I told the runner several times on forums to just jump on that railing on right, ignoring the sniper, but apparently he didn't listen. It's not really that hard not to get hit and even if you do, you'll have enough health plus this level is very short. Saves only about a second though.

Mission 3 Part 4

0:46 - He could have do a couple of strafe jumps before the gate lowers down enough to get more momentum.

Apart from these two things, I didn't see anything worth mentioning that is not described in runner's commentary.

I am definitely impressed with this run. It's quite a big improvement over the InsaneB4st4rd's (s1cksyst3m) run, which was never submitted on SDA, and there doesn't seem to be much to improve.

Verdict: ACCEPT

Quote:
Verifier: oh I've watched it
Verifier: it's good, it's good
Verifier: I could elaborate but 'accept' is the crux of it
Verifier: there are some places where I remember actually doing a better job when I did a speedrun of RtCW for fun, but he ended up with better times on all levels, so I guess I can't criticize much

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a fine addition to SDA's current lineup of FPS runs.

Khanfusion, I know we discussed timing your run, but I forgot which in-game time I was supposed to use. I think I was supposed to add up the times for each stage?
Thread title:  
Yes, except for the last one which must be timed manually.
And can I change comments for the run? I don't really remember what I wrote in those, only that they were verifier friendly and inexcusably long (for such game).
Le Prince Noir
Whatever mike decides, please keep a version of the extended ones somewhere anyway! Just got the game and would love to read detailed strats and comments Smiley
I can't speak for others but it's never too long for me as long as you speak about the game.
Yes, Khanfusion, you can rewrite comments. Just PM or email the final copy to me when you're finished.
Quote:
Whatever mike decides, please keep a version of the extended ones somewhere anyway!
Unfortunately, extended doesn't always mean more detailed or useful. And this game doesn't really need level by level breakdown, it doesn't have any complex mechanics or some crazy sequence breaking. It's mostly RuN and GuN, just like Contra, only in 3D.
Le Prince Noir
You have a point, obviously you know better what should be said about the run.
Still I guess there are things to explain (also said by the 1st verifier) as if I remember well there were parts where you backtracked, carefully chose who to kill, waited etc lots of things that I had to guess why it happened.
"Verifier friendly" sounded like an opposition to "Casual reader" and tampering small details.

Regardless...
(user is banned)
Yes Mario Riding A Pole
PC version correct? Cause the XBox and PS2 versions have more levels.
Yes, the PC version.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
I have watch this run and this run is amazing and awesome !
Thank you 'KhanFusion' for your work on this run on this game !!

This is one of the best FPS games ever in the history of ID and I love this game so much.

AND this is the best post from SDA since many months !
Good Game , Good Speedrun.

so many THANKS !

##

Quote from 13013:

I do not know of the XboX version. But I do know all of the PS2 version.
The PS2 version has one mission more and tell you the story before the mission one of the PC version. This mission has 7 levels. But this is not all. The PS2 version has smaller maps at the PC version and has more save points. And the bunny hop do not work on the PS2 version ! The PS2 version is like a own engine from sony, but not sure.
I have done a 100% secret speedrun on the PS2 version PAL, so I do know all of this differences. So I am sure a PS2 run would be rejected from sda, but not sure. But can not submit this run of bad capture work. Like Quake II psx run.

For differences information to the PS2 version, use this link ->
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rtcw_operation_resurrection_ps2pal__100.html
Ad infinitum
What a wonderful flashback, remembering all those hours that I've spent killing nazis in RTCW...

It's a damn nice run and I had a good time watching RTCW done quick. Nice job KhanFusion thumbsup
Great game, superb run. Congrats.
Nice run, I enjoyed it. Laughed at the final boss, didn't see that coming.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Quote from 65:
at the final boss, didn't see that coming.

I had not try this out on the PS2 version.

yeah , I must try it out !!
(user is banned)
Yes Mario Riding A Pole
Quote from MortyreR45:
I have watch this run and this run is amazing and awesome !
Thank you 'KhanFusion' for your work on this run on this game !!

This is one of the best FPS games ever in the history of ID and I love this game so much.

AND this is the best post from SDA since many months !
Good Game , Good Speedrun.

so many THANKS !

##

Quote from 13013:

I do not know of the XboX version. But I do know all of the PS2 version.
The PS2 version has one mission more and tell you the story before the mission one of the PC version. This mission has 7 levels. But this is not all. The PS2 version has smaller maps at the PC version and has more save points. And the bunny hop do not work on the PS2 version ! The PS2 version is like a own engine from sony, but not sure.
I have done a 100% secret speedrun on the PS2 version PAL, so I do know all of this differences. So I am sure a PS2 run would be rejected from sda, but not sure. But can not submit this run of bad capture work. Like Quake II psx run.

For differences information to the PS2 version, use this link ->
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rtcw_operation_resurrection_ps2pal__100.html

http://forum.esnation.com/showthread.php?t=98422 & http://ps2.ign.com/articles/420/420966p1.html explain the difrences between pc xbox and ps2 versions
The final boss battle was hilarious. Good run.