Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Online Co-op Segmented Amateur difficulty run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Hey flip!

First I have to say that you both owned this DLC, it was a great run to watch, and also because i love the RE series

A/V: was ok with each other so there was not cheating on that (I even played both vids at the same time).

I will say in one comment about both of you on each segment:

1º segment: Both Jill and Chirs were lets say perfect on that run, everyone knew exactly what to do, one of the things that I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not was that second aim that Jill made when she bust the first door, the timing with each other was also really good, I would say is because of all the times you guys did this

2º segment: in the part of the jail it was a good thing that Derrick mentioned about the glitch of the handgun, because I was having some doubts about that, when i first watched the video. Overall all of the jail part was executed with such a great timing so kudos for you guys.

3º segment: was a good the part of the crank can be really tricky sometimes, but was really well done.

And finally the part of Wesker:  D: damn you guys didn't even gave the poor guy a chance to fight he was OWNED before he knew what was happening.

I have nothing more to say bu ACCEPTED! and that I want that can of  coke i was promised jk, good job guys!!

Quote:
Hey guys,

First of all I have to say that there are more segments than the above verifier mentioned. Every time when they reach a checkpoint that allows them to restart as many times as they want, its of course a new segment. That makes it 8 segments for this run.

Since I know this game very well, including all the timer manipulating glitches, I can asure you that there is no cheating involved. The only glitch used is the weapon glitch at the very beginning (not shown in this video), which is accepted by SDA rules, so no problem with that. Ive talked about it with Mike as I did my run back in the day and he agreed that its legit.

Audio and Video is good. No async problems.

Its not clear if the ingame-timer keeps running at cutscenes (in story mode the time keeps running at some cutscenes but at most cutscenes it dosnt) but that dosnt matter at all, because everyone who wants to beat this time has to fight under the same conditions. So the ingame-timer is usable and we can take the final time of the result screen.

Now for the run itself. I will use the time index of Derrick`s video to mark the beginning time and end time of the segments. Oh and I gotta say that Ive tried many tactics myself and couldnt find any faster way through this game (I am the one who did the old 6:37 run mentioned by Derrick and Greg in their comments).
Here we go:

Segment 1 (00:00 - 02:39) : This segment is done very well, specially since its probably the hardest. After the assist jump it takes Derrick 4 bullets for the first and 5 bullets for the second door, which is very good.
Greg needs 6 bullets to shoot the door to the bedroom. Better is possible but I know that this door is a real pain with a horrible ancle and alot of pressure when shooting it, because you have only one attempt and its all over if you mess it up.
The grenade Greg used to hit the button in the piano room is executed pretty fast, looks flawless to me.

Segment 2 (02:41 - 03:55) : Not much to say about this segment. Its a pretty easy one and is simply about running smooth and mashing the buttons like crazy to activate doors as fast as possible.  Thats all done very good here.

Segment 3 (04:02 - 04:40) : This is the only segment I`m not totally happy with. I dont see why they tried so hard to have Derrick/Jill running in front (on his screen). Its probably to have a clear path. Thing is that if Jill jumps down as fast as Chris, she pushes him a little bit away and that makes it hard to get the tight left quickturn done, and that slows Greg/Chris down a little bit in this case.
Having Derrick/Jill a bit faster here is kind of useless, because he/she (it gets a little confusing) stops running infront of the wall. Actually its Chris who must be as fast as possible to throw the grenade earlier, so the explosion is faster and Jill dosnt have to stop running.
Ive also figured out (and tested it) that it is possible to keep running as Jill. Chris must go a bit further to the button of the stairs and throw the grenade from there. That way he can make the grenade land right infront of the wall and Jill wont get hit while shes running straight. It takes alot of retries to get it to work and have the guardian at the right place but its possible.
I`ve talked to Greg about it and he mentioned that its not working cause of the connection. If thats so, there is of course nothing the guys can do about it.
Anyways, we are talking about like 0,5 - 0,8 seconds here, so thats definately no reason to moan about it, specially cause its still the second fastest way used here and executed very well. All good

Segment 4 (04:43 - 05:10) : Very nice finding here and lucky that the Guardian didnt mess it up with its randomness. I like how you let the Guardian push the door open for you Smiley
Everythings done fine here and even if it is possible to let the crank go a little bit earlier, so the door smacks Chris into the room with the key its still very fast. Again everythings done great.

Segment 5 (05:14 - 06:16) : Nothing much to say here. Easy part and all done perfect.

Segment 6 (06:20 - 07:03) : Moment of truth, red or blue crank Wink
Again used the fastest strategy I know and perfectly executed. Flawless.

Segment 7 (07:08 - 07:22) : Very short and easy segment again. Well done.

Segment 8 (07:28 - 07:49) : Nice and fast Wesker fight. They`ve hit him from behind to avoid Wesker playing around with his sunglasses and the shots came pretty fast. All done very well again.

You guys did a nice job here. Excellent run of Lost in Nightmares and far as I know the fastest time done yet.
Congratulations to Derrick and Greg!
Anyone who wants to beat this will have a hard time.
ACCEPTED

Now go and do the same again... blindfolded ! Smiley

Quote:
Just watched the run.  Very nice.  Audio and video are great and no cheating detected.  But damn, I wish I'd known about that weapons glitch before I stopped playing! Tongue

The run was very well executed and you guys had some good luck.  The crank segment was crazy fast.  There were a few minor time losses, but probably not too terribly much time could come off this barring some nice big new glitches.  Accept.

Quote:
Videos watched. Audio and Video are fine and no cheating detected (although I did get confused at seeing different weapons being displayed on both HUDs, then I remembered thats the weapon glitch)

Other than a few very minor time losses (which can be overlooked due to the annoying random nature and long setup of this LIN run) this was an excellent run, its just a shame that due to the distance between the 2 runners that lag is always going to be a problem that can't really be beat  (barring finding a closer running partner)

Well done to both and a well deserved Accept from me

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Greg Innes and Derrick Eide!
Thread title:  
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
Figured I should definitely give a big thanks to Flip for posting this and helping us getting this run on the site. The Lost In Nightmares DLC for RE5 was fun at first, but became very frustrating and random trying to speedrun. I'm pretty sure me and Greg got fastest time humanly possible, but 1 second may be able to be shaved off if lucky. Unless a new glitch is found. Also Would like to thank Matt (Mat-trix) for his huge help through all of this and support. Smiley
Edit history:
InsipidMuckyWater: 2012-07-05 01:29:45 am
InsipidMuckyWater: 2012-07-05 01:29:12 am
Visit my profile to see my runs!
So, you couldn't put the runs side by side in one video because of the lag / desync I'm assuming?  I put the two halves side by side but every loading screen led to another desynch
thethrillness.blogspot.com
The main reason you couldn't just put the runs side by side is because obviously me and Derrick edited our segments independently. For example, I might start the loading scene 1 second from displaying video and Derrick made his 2 seconds. If you want a good version you can use this one created by qubit here at SDA (Thanks again).

But yeah you are right, general lag still makes it harder to sync them up even when put through an editor like above.

Also if you are interested, we found new glitches and got the time down to 5:54. We will be submitting to SDA again soon.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Great, thanks for that post.  I'm also glad you're submitting an improvement.  Will you be editing such that the videos can be combined this time?
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
If you do an improved run, I can't wait to see it.  I just finished watching this one, and I have to say you and your partner had great teamwork skills, and especially at the end where you were able to take down Wesker in 4 melee hits.
Yeah me and Greg already have the 5:54 nearly ready to submit, just writing comments for it and such. Thanks.
These are 2 names i havent seen in ages, always tickles me to see RE runs.
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2012-07-10 05:20:44 am
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Quote from Houser:

Not seen you around in ages either since you left REC. Where do you hang out now? Also had no internet for days so only real chance I could reply was today.
Quote:
Where do you hang out now?
On Skype with me. You should download it, because it's where all the RE cool kids hang now.
I used to have Skype before the HD on my laptop got completely fucked. Barely used it anyways though, although might more now if you guys are on there.

I'll redownload and add you Carc.
carcinogen.sda is my username.

Seriously, Skype is the shit. I don't know why you guys are still stuck on PSN VoIP and MSN Messenger. The quality is much better, you have a better setup for audio commentary, *and* pretty much everyone on SDA uses it. On top of that, there's permanent chatrooms (or "group conversations" as they're called, they don't go away when you close Skype).
Quote from AnubisGI:
Quote from Houser:

Not seen you around in ages either since you left REC. Where do you hang out now? Also had no internet for days so only real chance I could reply was today.

Sort of casually here, mostly Skype groups with various people (SDA/notsdapeople)