Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2009-04-12 07:08:53 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ResidentEvil4.html

Robert 'Sunblade' Brandl's Wii Assignment Ada run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: re4 assignment ada looks good
Verifier: and it's presumably an improvement anyways, so even if it didn't i'd still say accept
Verifier: but yeah, high quality of play, no cheating as far as i can tell, no obvious mistakes
Verifier: sound seems a bit overpeaked, but in my humble opinion it adds to the game Wink
Verifier: and maybe that's just the -v copy
Verifier: but yeah, accept
Verifier: but yeah, i wonder how many times i can say 'but yeah,' in this conversation

Quote:
Cheating
Hmmmm… the “Jump Down” command is prompted as a mixed up “Herunter”. Also, the “Jump Over” appears as “Uberspringen” “Climb Up” becomes “Raufklettern” too. The only thing I can think of is an emulator is being used and it is the cause of the text distortion. Interesting how it picks words that sound like German rock bands.

Quality (Capture)
Suffers from image bouncing.

Quality (Gameplay)- He gets caught on about two corners, one in the storage closet and the other in the cooler before Krauser. They’re not huge catches though.
- The first big difference is after he exits the freezer. The old run had to run back to wait for the enemies to be in the right position, while the new run just takes the corner.
- The next big difference is in the supply room, where he just chucks a grenade through the door bars instead of sniping them all individually like the old run did. He also doesn’t have to switch weapons.
- The biggest change is in the computer room where he avoids switching to the TMP and runs up the stairs as soon as J.J. arrives and grenades  him and the group. He also only takes J.J. out, instead of anyone else that is not directly in his path like the old one did here. He also doesn’t need to switch between more weapons here or even reload, which you know by now whenever I bring it up means the other run did it. Running through everyone like that in such a small area is impressive.
- The other huge change is how the Krauser battle is handled. Instead of waiting at the end and shooting Krauser half way with slow sniper shots, the runner waits until Krauser runs right up in front of him, snipes his leg, and then finishes him off with 4 knife swipes.

Timing
Assuming you’re starting as soon as something can be seen in the fade-in and ending as soon as player control is lost in the game:
411 (0:16.440)
9143 (6:05.720)

Overall time:
5:49.280

Importance
When I saw that I was promised “assada-v”, I expected something from the deepest and darkest (or perhaps most accessible) folder on your computer that belonged alongside other videos of risqué nature such as “Dink Smallwood”, “Toy Story”, “Body Harvest”, and countless “Mega Man” and “Tomb Raider” collections that I know you send to others. I got something totally different than what I was expecting. There was some bouncing, but it didn’t involve the heroine’s breasts (not that she had any to speak of). My guess is the technician that encoded it screwed up somewhere, but I think it can be fixed. Most of all though, instead of this being something new, I realized quickly that it was just an updated version of an old one I had seen before. The update is massive in many ways, but now it isn’t even as long as the last one - almost a full minute shorter in fact. Oh well, at least I didn’t have to look at her flat ass as long this time around. Be sure to send me “Home Alone” when you get the chance. I’m getting into the voyeurism side of this genre and it sounds like a good place to start out.

Quote:
Verifier: The Assignment Ada run is great, in fact, near perfect
Verifier: The Krauser fight at the end uses the Knife, which was added for the Wii version and not available to the runner of the current SDA run
Verifier: but the knife saves about 5 seconds at most in the fight, and the other imporvements to the gameplay are so significant that I vote for replacing the old GCN run
Verifier: video and audio quality are fine, I could sweat the verification copy feels a bit jerkier than the youtube HQ version, though.

Quote:
I didn't find any problems with it. Video is pretty dark though, much darker than the current run on SDA.
This one also seems to have been done on the Wii (Current SDA run has been done on the GameCube), there doesn't seem to be much difference between them. I've only played the GameCube version and I've noticed in this Wii version there's no "Loading..." text and there's a question at the end if you want to watch the final cutscene again (I can't remember this question being in the GameCube version).
Also, I noticed in the current run on SDA that there's no crow cutscene just before the fight with Krauser, isn't that a bit odd?
But besides that stuff everything seems the same as far as I can tell.

Gameplay is good, some nice strategies applied.

A bit of items to pick up, flipping some switches, releasing a few shots, and like 5 minutes of running around hehe Wink

Accepted

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's an improvement.
Thread title:  
I love SDA!
Congrats Robert Smiley
Only Offense Will Survive
Thank you, all of you.
It was very hard to perform this stuff, I am glad that I archieved the SDA Credit. Wink
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
congrats and welcome :). can't wait to see this improvement.
Quote from DAVIS:
congrats and welcome :). can't wait to see this improvement.
Hier, ist schon seit Längerem auf YouTube. Wink
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
Quote from Sunblade:

Wieso ist der Run denn noch nicht auf der Seite bzw. in den Nachrichten wurde er auch noch nicht genannt? Er wurde ja akzeptiert.
Quote from DAVIS:
Quote from Sunblade:

Wieso ist der Run denn noch nicht auf der Seite bzw. in den Nachrichten wurde er auch noch nicht genannt? Er wurde ja akzeptiert.
Das ist ja ein langwieriger Prozess, ich denke mal, dass in zwei Wochen die News geschrieben wird zusammen mit Metroid Prime.
Sweet. thanks for the news! Wink
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
hi mike, why did you delete GregInness Assignement Ada run which was played on GC ? SunBlades used the Wii. Or didn't i get the rules?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Everyone said that Sunblade's run was so much better than Greginnes's run that it didn't matter. That's why I knocked off the GC run.
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
@mike: thank you ;).
@sunblade: wie ist es möglich, dass du 60Hz aufgenommen hast? was nutzt du für Rekorder?
(user is banned)
Edit history:
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 10:11:30 pm
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 09:28:50 am
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
I had watch out this run and I say congratulation for your run. Smiley

Ich selber habe nur die NTSC PS2 Version und hatte selber mal versucht einen run zu spielen von Ada, aber ich hatte keinen erfolg.

Thanks for your work on this run.

@ DAVIS : mit einer guten Capture karte ist das möglich, würde mich aber interessieren, welche karte benutzt wurde.
Vielen Dank für diese gute Resonanz. Wink
Ja korrekt, der Speedrun ist mit einer TV-Karte aufgenommen worden. Die genaue Bezeichnung poste ich mal die Tage, war aufjeden Fall eine von Medion.

Ich denk mal, dass ich Ende des Jahres nen' Special Weapons Run submitten werde, nur das schonmal vorweg. Wink