Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ResidentEvil3.html

Luciano 'LucianoRX' Matyak's PC easy single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
hey mike

i've just watched the run and here is what i think:

A/V quality is good! there are some minor sound glitches, that the runner discribes that in his commens!

The quality of the run is pretty good, the most time saving comes from the cutscenes and doorscenes skips. The run looks well planned. i couldn't detect any cheating. His menu selecting/code entering etc speed is pretty fast. Most of the run, he doesn't equip a weapon, just if it's necessary (when he have to till someone). I don't think that this increasing the running speed, but it looks impressive Smiley he uses the chest only 1 time, btw

they aren't major mistakes, but a few minor ones:

at 4:13, he enters a wrong code, and has to reenter the right one, a few secongs lost, maybe 1-2

at 11:46, in the gas station during the ABCD red light riddle.. he has problems at the third time to get the red light to the ladder.. looks a bit like he was nervous and just tried something to get it.. it was faster done in the psx version. he lost about 5-6 seconds here

at 17:54 he enters a wrong password, has to reenter the right one.. lost: about 2-3 seconds

at 31:17 he enters the first sickroom, normally you do that, to get the safe code from the dead doctor (just like in the psx run) be just enters the room, and exit it directly without doing anything, i'm not quite sure why he does that? maybe you could ask him about it. i'ts not a timeloss actually, but it's quite confusing. it looks to me like he was going to check the code, but then he thought: fuck that! i just try different codes, and he was lucky that the first one was correct!

except of that, anything looks fine, and i couldn't find other mistakes etc.

verdict: accept

Quote:
Saw it.

Something he neglected to mention in his comments was that R1 dodging is automatic in Easy Mode. It's very apparent in the Nemesis fight, since Nemesis is all up in his grill and he dodges everything.

Having not tried to run Easy Mode, I'm not sure whether the enemies react less or not; that seems to be the case, since I don't think a single monster actually dashed for him.

He makes several little mistakes, but not enough to warrant a reject.

1. He doesn't choose "fight the monster" and run into the RPD manually
2. He button mashes the third solution to the puzzle at the Gas Station.
3. Not a mistake, just a little extra commentary; he has some MAD luck with the Clock Tower sound puzzle. Roughly 64 possible solutions, and he doesn't choose a single wrong peg. Good show.
4. Wastes time in the final Nemesis fight by not equipping the Acid rounds right off the bat and uses his remaining Freeze rounds instead. Nemesis was already slowly hobbling toward the dead Tyrant for the final supper after 8 acid shells. He had 15 of 'em.
5. Some movement errors +-10 seconds.

He's done plenty of homework on this run, having taken some ideas from both ZENO's run and the TAS. I like it.

Quote:
It's a very nice run, just a couple small mistakes mainly towards the end, everything else was executed nicely.

The video seemed to have a little bit of overpeaked sound and it was also a bit desynced throughout the entire video (Not just in a few parts as the author mentioned in the comments). Also, the video is LQ but the FPS is 60, should be 30.

That's about it, accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a well-optimized run with very few errors.
Thread title:  
i was the first verifier , and i am still curious about that part, maybe you can explain it:

"at 31:17 he enters the first sickroom, normally you do that, to get the safe code from the dead doctor (just like in the psx run) be just enters the room, and exit it directly without doing anything, i'm not quite sure why he does that? maybe you could ask him about it. i'ts not a timeloss actually, but it's quite confusing. it looks to me like he was going to check the code, but then he thought: fuck that! i just try different codes, and he was lucky that the first one was correct!"
...This was Luciano? 0_o I would never have made the connection given his forum handle. Either way, I'm verifier #2.

Querschnitt, I can explain that one since I actually used that trick in my own run, but only because my result was different from Luciano's. You can gather information by merely entering and leaving the room. Notice how I never left the first frame of the room in my run? If the shelf is on-screen, you use the position of the shelf to determine the code (if the shelf is to Carlos's left, it's Code A; if it's to Carlos's right, it's Code B); if the shelf is not on the screen, you examine the doctor's body to determine the position of the shelf (if it's Code C, the shelf is going to be on the rear-right; if it's Code D, it's going to be on the rear-left). Get it?

Also, let's be realistic about him entering in the wrong code in the police station safe box, or any random codes. I don't list those as mistakes, because the only random thing that should cause you to restart the game is either not getting the grenade launcher, or missing a bunch of dodges. I would never have completed my run if I restarted for the thousands of possible little things that can go wrong in an RE3 SS.

My run is also no longer SDA-worthy, although I reckon it wasn't to begin with... I'm still much slower than ZENO and 剛田. I'm going to improve upon it whenever the US RE2 and RE3 are released for download on PlayStation Network.
thx for explaining Smiley i don't now that and i was quite confused when i've watched the run Smiley
Thank you guys for verifying(and accepting) it!  Grin

Well, my comments for the responses are basically everything what user Carcinogen explained(thx btw ^^)

About the sound desync, actually in the game I noticed a bit of desync and with Fraps helping, I would say that the reason of the desync is 70% of Fraps and 30% of the game itself.

I just did not understood this part:
Quote:
1. He doesn't choose "fight the monster" and run into the RPD manually

but I choosed "fight the monster"  oO
I just opened the video again and skipped to that part.

That is so bizarre. I could've sworn I saw you choose "Enter the Police Station".