List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-02-14 09:48:21 pm
mikwuyma: 2011-02-14 08:27:16 pm
mikwuyma: 2011-02-14 08:27:03 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: The wii punch-out page doesn't exist yet. Doc Louis: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DocLouisPunchOut.html

Zack Allard and Charles Griffin's IL runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Doc Louis’s Punch OutThese are the IL’s of the three best times the runner lists in his comments. All are within half a second of what he got in his single segment attempt. There’s not much else to say except that it’s an obvious accept.

Punch OutThe capture quality is good for all of these. There are no sound desyncing problems either. These runs are all cut so that it starts right at the start of each fight and not the opponent selection screen (followed by skipped intros), which is nice. These have been worked on over the course of two years so the only real improvement at this point is better timing for millisecond improvements. There moments where Mac gets knocked down intentionally to reset patterns, avoid long attacks, and other stuff. There are also spots where it’s faster to stop attacking and let the enemy recover due to the damage the star punches will do. Obviously everything is damn near perfect and a lot of these are really impressive. I’ve added up all the time from the fights for you for a final tally. This obviously means I’m accepting all of them.

Regular Circuits: 7:54.07
Title Defence: 11:22.67
Donkey Kong:  54.56
Overall time: 20:11.30

Quote:
Punch out Wii: Normally when I perform verifications on ILs, I like to go into great details about each part, but really, each of these fights more one sided than a curb stomp battle...  Of course, you don't see this in every fight since there are times that the runner "Purposely" (and I'm not joking) allows his opponent to knock him down and almost out, but the runner does this to either exploit their weakness or take advantage of the time since the clock freezes when he or his opponent is knocked out (optimizing time by getting your ass kicked pretty much...)  Pretty funny to think how fast most of these fights are finished... Anyway, this was a run two years in the making by many people who either helped or probably inspired the runner to achieve these incredible times...  With this, another series of games is brought to its knees by SDA (until we see Punch out Wii 2, if it ever happens...)  So until the series comes back with a vengeance, I say accept all the runs so that we will have the entire Punch out collection! (I don't know if there are speed runs on arcades, so I'm not counting the arcade game...)

Doc Louis Punch out:  I watched the three runs along side with the already accepted SS run and I have to say it is pretty much a mirror image...

Warm-up: Improved by .36 seconds
Training: Improved by .47 seconds
Sparring: Improved by .59 seconds

So yea... Accept...

Quote:
Alright, i've been waiting for this.

Glass Joe - Perfect. "Whiffing" as he so puts it also has the side effect of making the timing a bit better on the OHKO, so there's another little thing to note there.

Von Kaiser - So easy, anyone can get the WR on him. Unless there exists some magic way to get another star quicker or to make him come out of the "mommy" pose quicker, then this is actually, literally perfect.

Disco Kid - Again, amazing fight. Abuses the OHKD's on his taunts.

King Hippo - Great fight. Gets the OHKO spot perfectly both times (Once to knock the crown off, and another to put this fatty on the ground)

Piston Hondo Honda - Again, great fight. HONDA got his rear end handed to him. Only question: What is Honda saying when you knock him out? Mermin?

Bear Hugger - Love the character, but his fight always gave me trouble. ....oh, abuses OHKO, win. Also, Doc Louis gives Mac a heart to heart, with one of the best quotes in the entire freaking game.

Great Tiger - Least favorite character. Freakin--

You know what? Just fuck it. All the fights were well done, so pretty much each comment is going to be "Great"...."Perfect"...."Amazing".....I see no need to reject any of these runs. I don't have the time nor the effort to go through and say that to every damn fight at this point.

Accept them now, or I'm gonna star punch your face.

Quote:
There were no problems with cheating, video, audio, or syncing.

All ILs are top notch. No significant mistakes. Strategies are all well researched and executed.

Recommendation: Accept

Quote:
Barring all the douche punching and cheating (not really, but the submitter knows I'm watching him...), the runs are about as good as they can be.

Definite room for improvement amongst a lot of these fights, with Contender Don Flamenco sticking out the most.  But we're talking frames here, not seconds.  So accept the whole kit n kaboodle for now, but I'll be adding to this list myself once I get off my lazy ass.

Quote:
Can't find any faster times for the Doc Louis runs.  This is what I wanted when reviewing the SS run.  Glad I finally get to see it.

Accepting the Doc Louis IL runs to go alongside the SS run.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Each run is either the record or very very close to the the record.
Thread title:  
Thread title is missing a date.  Kind of like everyone reading this! Ba-dum-ching.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Sweet, another trilogy completed on SDA!! Nice work guys, looking forward to watching this one.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Oh you and your douche punching accusations, verifier 5. Roll Eyes I know my Don is terrible... but Don is just terrible in general. There's a reason why Miles had to step in with TD Don to finish the table :p

Thanks sinister1! Hope you enjoy the videos once they get published. And thanks to everyone who verified!
Planning a Cave Story
I'm just glad our solid efforts we put into this game have come to fruition finally.  Great work on the runs you guys.