1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Jan "Kwoky" I'm not sure what his last name is because one of the characters displays as a ? on my computer :-/ and Vaclav "watch0ut" Vacek's ILs

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
There were no audio, video, or syncing problems.

There were no cheating or continuity issues.

This is a very impressive run. Normally there are a few noticable spots in every run where there are obvious but minor mistakes at the very least. This run doesn't have ANY blatant errors from what I could see. The routes were efficient. The play was skillful. The shortcuts were many and well-executed. Also, the run saves LOTS of time by taking advantage of clipping through walls.

Recommendation: Approve

Quote:
Video: Clearly a resizing filter was used since every text is a bit blurry and I would much rather see every menu cut off, but other than that the quality is very good. No framerate drops, glitches or anything else. Also, 30fps is engine limit.

Audio: Audio was probably recorded via onboard codec, but it's ok.

Cheats: Nothing.

There is absoluty no connection between any missions whatsoever, so this run must be IL. You also can't save during a mission, so it can only be one segment per one level. Running on Easy is fine by me, this game is really hard, although enemy's aim gets much worse if you jump.

Mission 1: He could have jumped on that wall near end instead of over it and make the path a bit shorter, but the amount of time saved wouldn't save additional second.

Mission 2: Perfect

Mission 3: Both clipping glitches works as well as falling down on the wall without getting hurt. He could have skipped taking the medpack, but I guess this attempt was lucky regarding enemy's aiming. There's also a possibility of jumping on the stairs in the tower, but it would barely save any time.

Mission 4: Most of the things in this mission are on a timer, so as long as you shoot guys before they come close to the rescue party, it's as fast as it can be.

Mission 5: Killing all guys at the helipad spawns the helicopter, unfortunately the last guy didn't die after one shot, so 2 seconds are lost. I can imagine shooting grenades blindly at such distance must be really hard though. Getting in and out of the dome works as presented, although somewhat randomly. Crucial is getting in as hacking into the computer seems to trigger the helicopter (if you kill helipad guys). Getting out doesn't have to be as fast as possible since you have to wait for the helicopter, unfortunately the runner lost 2 seconds there, because you can trigger the final cutscene about 2 seconds faster. That's 4 seconds total. This doesn't mean the run is bad, it's very good actually, it means it can be improved if you are crazy enough.

Mission 6: Not much to say. All 3 clipping glitches are pretty easy to do and I see nothing that could be improved.

Mission 7: I don't really get why he goes by the building in 0:47. There doesn't seem to be any reason for that. Rest of the mission is ok since you have to wait for the truck.

Mission 8: There's a "Now find the map computer" message popping up every couple seconds and I don't really know why. It hapenned to me as well, so it looks like a bug. Other than that, this run is perfect.

Mission 9: Everything works and there are no mistakes or anything wrong.

Mission 10: The last defensive part seems to be a bit random and it looks like the runner took the fastest one. Maybe he could save a second by getting to the chopper sooner, but it's probably triggered by Priboi anyway, not you.

Mission 11: Perfect.

Mission 12: Again, absolutely perfect.

Mission 13: Maybe the end could be done a second or two faster, but other than that this run is flawless.

Mission 14: Both OoB shortcuts works, but I don't understand why Ekk dissapears in that tunnel. She always dissapears after the next door for me. It doesn't have any effect on the game anyway. Rest is perfect.

Verdict: ACCEPT

Quote:
It's an Individual Levels run, not a segmented one (you can play this game only IL or SS).

Video and audio quality is nice.

The glitches are great and the routes are well optimized. Most of the glitches include OoB and let you skip parts of the levels but there are also non-OoB tricks that do the same like bunnyhopping on that fence in level 1. Sometimes he also skips some objectives when it's possible.

Couldn't find a sign of cheating. Could get all the tricks and glitches to work.

Level 5 looks a bit slow compared to the other levels because it took him two shots to kill that last guy at the landing zone and 11 tries to get out of that radar station. But I don't think he lost more than a few seconds because it's very timed since you have to wait for the helicopter to arrive.

Run is accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: The run got rave reviews.
Thread title:  
Quote:
Mission 7: I don't really get why he goes by the building in 0:47. There doesn't seem to be any reason for that. Rest of the mission is ok since you have to wait for the truck.

It triggers the truck to start about a second sooner. Since you need the truck to enter the base at the end of the level it actually saves time. Though I first wondered about that too.

Quote:
Mission 8: There's a "Now find the map computer" message popping up every couple seconds and I don't really know why. It hapenned to me as well, so it looks like a bug. Other than that, this run is perfect.

Picking up the map computer doesn't seem to be nessecary to complete that level. But the message still pops up. It's a bit like in mission 5 were you can skip picking up the key card to that dome.
Edit history:
Kwoky: 2009-05-03 02:29:20 pm
I love speedrunning and revealing bugs
My name is Jan Němec (or Jan Nemec if you have any problems with the "ě" letter).
Djcj is right and said everything important.

Quote:
Mission 5: Killing all guys at the helipad spawns the helicopter, unfortunately the last guy didn't die after one shot, so 2 seconds are lost. I can imagine shooting grenades blindly at such distance must be really hard though. Getting in and out of the dome works as presented, although somewhat randomly. Crucial is getting in as hacking into the computer seems to trigger the helicopter (if you kill helipad guys). Getting out doesn't have to be as fast as possible since you have to wait for the helicopter, unfortunately the runner lost 2 seconds there, because you can trigger the final cutscene about 2 seconds faster. That's 4 seconds total. This doesn't mean the run is bad, it's very good actually, it means it can be improved if you are crazy enough.

In level 5 time depends on 3 things:
1) Kill everybody in the last base
2) Get into the radar building
3) Get out of the radar building

1) Killing soldiers with grenades was no problem at all and worked almost 100%. Two soldiers had to be killed with the gun and "binoculars trick". Unfortunately the game sometimes made fun of us and soldiers were "invincible" (http://speedrun.edfklan.cz/igi/misc/Project_IGI_bloody_bastard.avi). So we decided to take two bullets per one soldier as "acceptable" and 3 shots total (in the video) was something like "very acceptable".

2) The hardest trick in the whole game with the biggest impact on the final time. We managed to get in with the first jump only 4x(!) so the final video is a little miracle for us. Entering the radar building usually took us about 10-20 seconds and it was always faster than any other route in the level.

3) The last part is not as crutial as the previous two but we left about 3 seconds here. Sorry for that, but we reallized that it could take couple of months to shave off that 3 seconds. So we left it as it is. FYI our second fastest time was 8 seconds slower than this verified one. Maybe in the future... Smiley
Quote:
It triggers the truck to start about a second sooner. Since you need the truck to enter the base at the end of the level it actually saves time. Though I first wondered about that too.

Okay, I didn't know that.

Quote:
2) The hardest trick in the whole game with the biggest impact on the final time. We managed to get in with the first jump only 4x(!) so the final video is a little miracle for us. Entering the radar building usually took us about 10-20 seconds and it was always faster than any other route in the level.

4 times from how many attempts ?
Edit history:
Kwoky: 2009-05-04 01:51:20 pm
I love speedrunning and revealing bugs
I don´t really know but I played only the fifth level for about two months because of this jump.