List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperC.html

Marko 'Master-88' Vanhanen

Verifier Respones

Quote:
Stages 1 and 5 look tighter, but I don't really see much of a difference aside from those stages. Stage 7 is still giving the runner trouble, but this run is good enough for me. Oh yeah, going up and to the right instantly rather than going left then right in the sixth stage was nice.

Quote:
Super Non-Human shooting Probotector PAL Safe for All Ages 2 report -

As with all Contra runs, we wish we were Frezy_Man, in the worst way.

Level 1 - Better than last time, need I say more?

Level 2 - The run seems to have lost a bit of it's lead it gained over the first level.  I'm intrigued...

Level 3 - Runner does a better job of avoiding lag from the demon AI that come from the left.  And the boss fight was good.

Level 4 - Other than stopping for Bub and Bob, good run, seems a tad more confident and another great boss fight.

Level 5 - A little annoyed at the point where the runner does a full stop, left turn, fire on the helpless crowd of purple robots on a fun run, then continue.  Otherwise fine.

Level 6 - Non-stop running, just a little hesitatiopn on phase one of the boss

Level 7 - The same f$#%@^& problem with the eggs.

Level 8 - A lot of stopping at the beginning.  I would suggest just practicing this level more.  Get to the boss, die on purpose and continue, practice until out of continues.  Having the pea shooter would force you to learn avoidance in the beginning and the spread is there early on for practicing the rest of the level.  Better commitment on the falling ceiling part though.

I timed 16:45 give or take a second which is an improvement.  So you would pretty much accept this run like you would accept letting some bitch zuck your ding-dong while playing a video-game.

Quote:
Hi Mike,

I'm done with the SuperC run. Could you please specifically point out that I am not frezy_man?
Thanks Smiley

These are the comments:

Hi, I'm frezy_man!

Accepting this run was some tough decision that intelectually challenged me to my personal limits. Then I remembered that it's about speed, not robot eurhythmics, and it got a no brainer.

If I took times accurately and made no mistakes, this runs is now about 520 in game frames faster than the NTSC run (about 10.5 seconds on PAL) and about 14.2 seconds faster than MASTER-88's previous run.

Some useless notes, numbers in paranthesis are difference to the NTSC run, in frames, and to the old PAL run, in seconds and rounded.

Area 1 (-57, -2.8)
Ground cannons get done faster, boss gets beaten up faster.

Area 2 (-62, +1.6)
Loses a bit of time, probably on the tanks and taking the spreadgun.

Area 3 (-204, -5.3)
Stops before the flak cannon. Boss fight now is now with MMX technology faster.

Area 4 (-40, -2.3)
Still not optimal jump timing, stands still too long between too jumps.

Area 5 (-73, -4.0)
No slopejumping at the start, genrally there could be more slope jumps. He finally does that one jump just before the stones right.

Area 6 (+6, -0,3)
Yay, less diagnonal walking! Steps back from the first form of the boss once.

Area 7 (-158, -2.1)
Better droolpot performance. Didn't go down the green slime at the middle, so loses a second for repositioning. Better spider pod performance.

Area 8 (+68, +1.0)
Unnecessary stop  to shoot at some enemy on top of the screen. Waits before the first hole in the level. Turns back at the beginning of the crushing ceiling to shoot an enemy in stead of jumping and shooting down. Made my heart stop as he nearly jumped onto an enemy and fired at one of the last possible frames to kill him. Hestitates once to jump.

Quote:
No cheating, deaths, or technical problems.

Overall it's faster than the last by about 14 seconds, though at least one level is individually slower than the current run. The runner obviously took some advice on improvements and implemented it, and overall the run is just more smoothly executed. There's still some noticeable mistakes, but it's very well done and an improvement over the old one. Accept.

Negative means this was faster, positive means the old was faster. Parenthesis is the overall difference. Approximate since I figured counting frames would be pedantic.

Level 1: -2 (-2)
Level 2: +1 (-1)
Level 3: -5 (-6)
Level 4: -3 (-9)
Level 5: -3 (-12)
Level 6: -1 (-13)
Level 7: -2 (-15) FUCK THAT EGG
Level 8: +1 (-14)

Decision: Accept

Reason: "This run is like TAS"
Thread title:  
Master-88
Nice to see my run is accept again and i was surprised i run this faster than Jim his amazing US run, i just never believed i can,t beat it. But this happen.

I´ll always try redo my own runs, because it is just fun, maybe i´ll put more effort trying improve that in future but frezy make his own US run and this are alot more better than my or Jim run.  But he is just contra games robot. Tongue

Quote:
Decision: Accept

Reason: "This run is like TAS"

BTW this is best reason ever accept my run Grin