Sad
<- 1  -   of 69 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from DemonStrate:

Thank you, Kingpin. Thats enough validation to me. The only way I could see would be to do a moon jump across the room, but then you would need an object from the previous level. And, if memory serves me, Chamber 7 or even Chamber 6 do not have any objects. The 'radios' do not count because I don't have them in my version of the game.

You're right. Although I might see if it's a valid route to moon jump with a radio in the new version since I'm using it at the moment.
I ran some extra maps. If you're interrested in running custom maps we could create a topic in the casual speedrun forum.

If we were you, we would quit now.
PORTAL DONE PRO TORRENTS ARE UP!!!!!

Could anyone in this forum download them and start seeding? Seeding that Insane quality video is going to be insane, because it'll take forever for the first person to download it. I will make these more 'public' when I write up a description that I want to send to gaming websites. For now, don't announce this to everyone, but if you could help by getting people to seed, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Insane Quality: 1920x1200, 60 fps, 32250 kbps Xvid, 320 kbps MP3 = 3606 MB
DemonStrate - Portal Done Pro - Insane Quality:
http://www.filefront.com/17620665/DemonStrate---Portal-Done-Pro---Insane-Quality.torrent/

High Quality: 1440x900, 60 fps, 7250 kbps Xvid, 256 kbps MP3 = 835 MB
DemonStrate - Portal Done Pro - High Quality:
http://www.filefront.com/17620671/DemonStrate---Portal-Done-Pro---High-Quality.torrent/

Medium Quality: 1280x800, 60 fps, 3000 kbps Xvid, 192 kbps MP3 = 363 MB
DemonStrate - Portal Done Pro - Medium Quality:
http://www.filefront.com/17620672/DemonStrate---Portal-Done-Pro---Medium-Quality.torrent/

Low Quality: 768x480, 60 fps, 750 kbps Xvid, 128 kbps MP3 = 96 MB
DemonStrate - Portal Done Pro - Low Quality:
http://www.filefront.com/17620674/DemonStrate---Portal-Done-Pro---Low-Quality.torrent/
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2010-12-08 01:48:14 pm
I'm on it. 2 mbs of upload bandwith is on the way. Smiley

EDIT: Poor demonstrate try to upload @~5kbyte/sec. I had trouble with my 6 gig run and it takes 2 weeks to upload. this one will be faster i hope Cheesy
defying gravity
medium quality on megaupload or something pleeeeease?
Quote from Stupid:
medium quality on megaupload or something pleeeeease?

I will upload what I can once I get some stable seeds on the torrents.
If it aint broke don't fix it.
Quote from DemonStrate:
Insane Quality: 1920x1200, 60 fps, 32250 kbps Xvid, 320 kbps MP3 = 3606 MB

insane for sure!

was there EVER audio visual content higher than 32250 kbps on our planet?

720p quake was pure sugar, i'm sure this will be even sweeter
we have lift off
Any news on whether your latest run will be accepted Demon, given it uses scripts?
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2010-12-08 06:26:24 pm
DemonStrate: 2010-12-08 06:25:08 pm
Quote from ridd3r.:
Any news on whether your latest run will be accepted Demon, given it uses scripts?

No, but I started and completed the speedrun before that rule was made. Plus, this game's previous run used scripts, so that is 2 grandfather clauses against 1 new rule. If he doesnt accept it, it'll be alright. Thats why SourceRuns.org exists. Also, I plan on posting this on as many game websites as I can, so it will get recognition either way.

Edit: Now, I got word.

[20:14] mikwuyma: didn't you complete it a very long time ago?
[20:15] Transgenic86: I started it... September 13, 2008 and finished it... July 03, 2010
[20:15] mikwuyma: okay here's the thing
[20:15] mikwuyma: we're putting a moratorium on scripted runs, but we started that either august or september
[20:16] mikwuyma: so I can possibly let this run through as one of the last because you finished it beforehand
[20:16] Transgenic86: Okie dokie.
I'm uploading to YouTube at the moment. I had to stop seeding the torrents for now until that completes. Please bear with me. I hope there are enough seeds to keep it going.
XXY
Can't wait to watch the full video. This run is a masterpiece.
Not a Zelda 2 refrence
It looks really good put together, I remembered your ending glitch messing up the ascii graphics, I didn't remember it messing up the sound so bad though. Just one more part of the game that is unrecognizable
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2010-12-09 04:47:59 am
Quote from error1:
It looks really good put together, I remembered your ending glitch messing up the ascii graphics, I didn't remember it messing up the sound so bad though. Just one more part of the game that is unrecognizable

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Edit: The YouTube upload stopped somehow in the middle of the night. I have to start it over again... :-/
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2010-12-10 06:47:45 am
DemonStrate: 2010-12-09 06:07:33 pm
DemonStrate: 2010-12-09 05:52:25 pm
YouTube video is up!

DemonStrate - Portal Done Pro - Speedrun - 9:25.567 - WR:

I am uploading the commentary video right now, so check it out as it becomes uploaded on my YouTube account:
Edit: Commentary Playlist:

Enjoy!
The singing voice  at the credits, isn't it supposed to be a woman's voice ?
Quote from atomicJo:

You mean my singing? I thought I did a decent job of singing the song...
Not a Zelda 2 refrence
That commentary was really helpful, I'm amazed you managed to record all those tricks with just a couple dozen tries each
http://kotaku.com/5710758/portal-gets-broken-in-the-worlds-fastest-speed-run

made it onto Kotaku !
Quote from DemonStrate:
Quote from atomicJo:

Yeah even though I finished the game only once, the (your) singing seemed strange to me ^^
Impressive!
Edit history:
eV1Te: 2010-12-10 09:49:08 am
Looking good, I am downloading the insane version at a steady 20 mbps (out of 100) right now, hopefully it will go faster for other users when more are seeding later on.
Awesome run !

And 100k viewers on youtube in one day !!!
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from DemonStrate:
Quote from atomicJo:

Your run was great, but your singing wasn't.  Sorry.

Also, don't submit the run with that in there.  Partially because that you sang, and partially because audio mixing on the regular game track is against the rules.  If you want to include it, put it on an audio commentary track.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/10/portal-finished-in-under-10-minutes-sets-a-world-record/

You made it onto Joystiq as well. Congratulations Smiley
This run exploded past almost any other speed run I've ever seen, although the 11minute oblivion run received some front-page time on big sites as well. Anyway, be proud DemonStrate. Impressive showing, impressive run.

Now you're famous!