List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Mike 'mike89' McKenzie's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video/Audio: There is no sound. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but there is no sound (this has since been fixed). Video quality is fine.

Cheating: None.

This run was fine, aside from some minor hiccups, like the Ice Cave, but the luck that was had throughout makes up for it.

ACCEPTED

Quote:
The Run is sexy, if it were a woman I'd nail it then I'd nail it again, then I'd nail it some more. Accept this bad girl

Quote:
Pokemon Crystal (Gameboy Colour played on Pokemon Stadium 2)
Verification decision - Accept ( 14/06/2009 )

Quality

Video - good
Audio - good
Gameplay - well planned and incredibly lucky (i.e. good)

I think Pokemon Single Segment runs prove how dedicated a Speedrunner is, there is an incredible amount of planning that goes into a run, such as knowing how many repels to buy, how many battles to get to this level for this move, everything has to be planned for.

Accepting this run looks easy, but there are a few places where the runner looses a few half seconds, such as wrong menu choices in battles and going a step too far on the bike. But with the rest of the gameplay being incredible, I think the good and the bad cancel each other out to make this run.

The runner should be proud and the SDA community should enjoy to watch the run, I know I did  Grin

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a single-segment run of a long game with few mistakes.
Thread title:  
SEGA Junkie
Thanks guys Cheesy

Also thanks to Nate and Mike for taking care of encoding and distribution so quickly. Massive effort for a run this long.
Fierce Competitor
Ooh, nice job Mike. I can't wait to see this one!
This slipped in under my radar. Also, do want. Grats on being accepted.