--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Penumbra: Necrologue () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Reject

Reason: While Penumbra: Necrologue is officially released on steam, it's a mod (it requires Amnesia: The Dark Descent to be played). Unfortunately, that makes it non-eligible for sda-submissions.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/1542/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Penumbra: Necrologue () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/penumbra-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by May 16, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A / V: Good aside from a Steam "toast" around 11:45 but not worth a reject.
Cheating: None detected
Gameplay: Lots of tasty OoB and 1 fucked up skybox lol, good execution a few slips here and there, one OoB failed twice before getting it but NBD, all-in-all a good performance.

Accept 
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2015-05-11 11:48:15 am
Hmm... accept and all if it is allowed for being a fan mod. Or total conversion is the term used on Steam.

accept
I'm echoing everything Judgy said.

Accept

Note: This appears to be a fan-made mod. It's now available on steam, which I assume means it's "official enough" for sda?
Get over here!
It's an official steam release without a price tag.

A/V: Good besides the steam overlay pop up.
No cheating detected.

Run itself was pretty clean. OoB rules this engine and I enjoyed all the different methods used to get out of the map. Very well done.

Accept!
Edit history:
ktwo: 2015-06-11 03:00:25 pm
For info, we're waiting with this run a bit more. The choice of game is being discussed (steam released mod).
Decision posted.
Gets the cake.
Curiously, what does this mean for Black Mesa Source, which appears to be in the exact same boat as this game (Third party total conversion mod)? Is it also not acceptable for publication on SDA? If Black Mesa Source is acceptable, then where in between this game and Black Mesa is the line drawn? I see the sentence "it requires Amnesia: The Dark Descent to be played", but does that mean if they did a full standalone repackage of the mod that didn't require Amnesia then that would make it acceptable? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, so I'm sorry if it comes off that way, I'm just legitimately curious.
Exoray
Black Mesa Source doesn't seem to be a mod though, looking it up on steam it seems to be a standalone game ran on the source engine (although they based the game on HL). That one would be acceptable once it's officially released (i.e. not in early access).

If Necrologue was a standalone game that just ran on the same engine as Amnesia then yeah it would probably be accepted.
Gets the cake.
Quote from moooh:
Black Mesa Source doesn't seem to be a mod though, looking it up on steam it seems to be a standalone game ran on the source engine (although they based the game on HL). That one would be acceptable once it's officially released (i.e. not in early access).

If Necrologue was a standalone game that just ran on the same engine as Amnesia then yeah it would probably be accepted.

Just to clarify there's a couple of versions of BM:S, one of which is a mod that requires the source 2007(?) SDK and one of which is a paid version from steam. I'm assuming only the paid steam version would then be submitable (once it's out of early access, aka xen is released)?