Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Yadir Osornio's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Quote from Runner:
I kinda wished I vandalized more homes.  =/

I agree with the preceding statement, as doing so would've added to the entertainment value of the run.  Randil's TAS does various stuff each day (including a Pacifist Sunday).

Accept - Speedy delivery for SDA and Co.

Quote:
No signs of cheating.
There's some video issues at the title screen, but after that the video and audio quality are fine throughout the course of the run.

Play quality is quite good.  The runner stays at maximum speed and doesn't use the brakes.  This run is actually several seconds faster than the TAS because the runner minimizes maneuvering and paper-usage, which avoids slowdown.

It is a perfect delivery run, so the red houses are eventually added to the route.  Which means the runner has to deal with the no-porch style house, which is extremely tricky to deliver to.  The runner uses two papers to compensate for the small delivery window, which i think is a good move.

The runner crashes deliberately at the first curb after the final house, skipping the optional obstacle course.  There is no in-game penalty for this, and it is a great time-saver.

There is very little room for improvement on this run.  I guess i could maybe see someone squeezing another few seconds out of the game just from better random luck on the distribution of moving obstacles (which cause significant slowdown if there are several of them on the screen at once).  But this doesn't seem very likely.

Excellent job.  Paperboy retires in glory.  Easy ACCEPT.

Quote:
I have verified the Paperboy run.

The audio/video is good, except for some screen hopping at the beginning and end of the run. Fortunately this doesn't happen during the actual gameplay, so it's no big deal.

I didn't see any cheating in the run. The quality of the run is perfect as far as execution goes. The player never hits the brakes, makes perfect deliveries all week, and crashes as early as possible to end each day. As he mentioned, a couple seconds could be saved with less lag later on in the run, but this certainly isn't grounds for rejection. I would recommend definite acceptance.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This run has only a few seconds of improvement left.
Thread title:  
difficult and stupidly random
Great job with this game.  You kicked some ass.
berserker status
Quote from feasel:
Great job with this game.  You kicked some ass.

Thanks, this wasn't too hard to achieve but it required a lot of patience to get it right.  As previously mentioned, i just wished i caused more property damage.  it was pretty tricky to maintain your concentration and timing so i have no real problem with the end result.  at least i do some vandalism on saturday (you can see my confidence elevating at that point) besides the earlier days.  i'm pretty sure you can improve this by a few seconds but i really doubt i'll do this unless i'm bored or if i get competition.

BTW, congrats on your River City Ransom run.  Never played the game much myself cuz i suck at it but it'll be nice to see the whole game finally.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Another game that spent a lot of time in my NES as a kid.  Can't wait, thanks Riskbreaker.