--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Paperboy.html

Paperboy () (gbc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Reject

Reason: The video quality is below the standards and the runner has no longer the raw files.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/1729/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Paperboy () (gbc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/paperboy-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Needs the timer cut out for the final encode but otherwise fine.
Cheating: None
Gameplay: looks good, I've played this game maybe 10 times in my entire life so I'm no expert, from what I can see this is an ...

ACCEPT
Thanks Judgy! Smiley

i also need to know if a title change for this run, just like my Croc (GBC) run, is possible...

So this game kind of has 3 "Full-Game" categories, titled Easy Street, Middle Road, and Hard Way (selected at the start, with no unlocking or prerequisites needed to play them). Since the three difficulty modes are vastly different from each other, I feel it would be appropriate to rename the run as: Paperboy (GBC) Easy Street Any%, to eliminate possible confusion the current title may have. I would rather the three difficulty modes not be considered individual levels, because it would be more appropriate to consider the 7 days of the week within the three difficulty categories as the individual levels.
Terribad is as terribad does
A/V: Bit jumpy at the start, but no real issues during the actual gameplay
Cheating: None that I can find
Gameplay: Clean, I appreciated the runner finding the magic seam that allows you to just press forward and not worry to much about dodging. Made me very happy whenever I found that seam as a kid playing this.

I'd say ACCEPT.
TheWinslinator, can you say something about the capture method you used for this (and the other) run(s)? The reason I'm asking is because these videos appear to only be at half the framerate (30 fps and not 60 fps) and the aspect ratio seems to be different from other gbc videos.
I mainly use EasyCap to capture my video files at 640x480 video dimensions and 30 fps. The reason why it doesn't look to be these dimensions is because I actually changed them to 960x540, for the sole purpose of trying to squeeze a timer in the bottom left corner. Since submitting this, I've learned that SDA only wants raw video files without timers or adjusted dimensions. Luckily, I still have the raw files, so I'll be submitting the raw 640x480 timerless videos for my final encodes.

As far as the 30fps thing, I really hope this isn't a problem, as I don't have 60fps footage of my runs because they were all recorded at 30fps. I recorded at 30 fps because I didn't think the quality difference between 30 and 60 fps was that large, and YouTube videos only run at a maximum of 30 fps anyway. Before making all these runs, I consulted this page:
https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Ways_to_get_your_run_rejected_for_video_quality
and in it, it says that 30 fps at 480x640 is acceptable. The page hasn't been edited since 2010, so I hope the rules haven't changed... :/
Not a walrus
If you captured at 640x480 with the ezcap then you should be able to deinterlace it to 60fps using Yua.

You're misreading the rules there slightly, as interlaced footage will appear to be half-framerate but it should end up being full framerate after deinterlacing, ie 30fps when still interlaced is fine but once it goes through processing it should be 60fps, unless the game does not actually render at 60fps (which most older console games do).

If you're not sure, you can upload the raw footage and nate can probably fix it up for you. But I would give it a shot with Yua (and probably post a quality test so people can help you hammer out any issues) over in the Tech Support forum.
I'm still having a bit of a hard time understanding how you ended up with this result. Do you use any additional hardware in combination with the easycap? The image looks incredibly crisp for gbc.

Like uraniumanchor said, I think it would be good to upload the original files. To do that, you just use the password at the bottom of the submission page https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/runstatus/1729/ (same for the other runs). You then upload like you did it the first time. If you're having questions for any of the steps, feel free to pm me.

I have also seen your comments about the game and category names. We'll look into that and change it on the backend. It won't be visible in the threads displayed here on the forum though.
To be honest, I can't really remember the exact hardware configuration I used because during this time I had troubleshooted like 15 different methods (even including DVD-recordings) to get what I considered to be reasonable quality. I did these runs over a year and a half ago, and I don't remember exactly what I went with. At this point, I try to use progressive scanning on my recordings, but whether or not I had used progressive scanning then I couldn't tell you for the life of me. Something makes me think I had used Easycap though, as most of my recordings in the past have used that.

Thanks, UraniumAnchor, I was able to successfully deinterlace a short 30fps recording I had to 60fps using Yua! I'll be sure to run this Paperboy run through Yua and then upload it to SDA once I have done so. Thanks for everyone's help!
This thread is pending for the time being, waiting for the runner to send in the raw file.
Decision posted.