List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
This lovely 4 minute run has been sitting in verification long enough so the least I can do is watch the damn thing quickly. 95% of it is spent waiting for stage transitions anyway. Speedrunning this doesn't let you see how truly fucked up on drugs the people who made it were though. Of the two routes that allow you to finish the game in only 18 moves, the runner uses the one with faster screen transitions in the first 6 stages (after that they are identical) so good job. If I want to be extremely nitpicky, there was some botched cursor movement in stage 3 and a few of the buttons could probably been hit earlier with some TAS mouse skills, but over the course of the run might add up to only a second or two. Maybe.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I'm sure this will be an asset to SDA and millions will come to watch our speedrun of Panic! for the Sega CD. Also, "defeating" the final boss makes him reply thusly:

I'd do what he says.

Quote:
Panic! is a game I knew nothing about before deciding to verify this game. Once I saw the intro, just the intro, I knew this was going to be one of the most bizzare, erratic, and clearly batshit insane games I've ever, and will ever, play in my life. Then when I got to the "game" it was but merely a click-n-advance mouse game. This doesn't deter the insanity one bit though. I really can't explain this game... however, here is an example of one level of this game just to give people an idea what to expect.

Huh? Oh the speedrun! The mouse cursor does this round movement on like the 3rd screen which wasted maybe almost a second. However, the in-game timer shown at the end of the run rounds down the time to literally the minute the player was on. I guess the developers were expecting people to be playing this one for a long periods of time, so they only tracked whole minutes. Tongue

If that timer counts, the run would be 4 minutes flat. If it doesn't, then the timing I got (from the frame the cursor starts to move, to the final button pressed) is 4:23.580. I'm accepting this montage of confusion.

My last verifier never responded Sad

Decision: Accept

Reason: Not going to get much faster.

Congratulations to Elijah "scaryice" Miller!
Thread title:  
The Gaming Lawyer
This game...gah...so weird...
Fish. Blub blub.
Oh man! I have to check this out now Cheesy Hands down my favorite Sega CD game now with a speedrun <3
Balls jerky
There was a picture in the second verification and I am sad that I can no longer see it
Quote:
Of the two routes that allow you to finish the game in only 18 moves, the runner uses the one with faster screen transitions in the first 6 stages (after that they are identical) so good job.

Totally not tested, just got lucky.

I used a regular controller for the run, I forgot that the Genesis even had a mouse. Turns out it is compatible with this game.
Balls jerky
i did more work verifying the run than you did making it. no fair!

also picture is back in second verification im so lost
Obscure games ftw
What did I just watch...
DS Dictator
PUSH THE BUTTONS.
IT'S EDUCATIONAL