Sad
<- 1  -   of 87 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Food goes in here
I think if he stood on the very edge he might not have enough time to equip the hover boots, still could probably be done though.
Zelda Scientist®
How far away he is doesn't matter... he is traveling at the same speed throughout.
Edit history:
YautjaElder: 2006-07-07 09:32:40 am
Speed is the key.
What Acryte said, stading close to the edge is just foolhardy. I already tested with a backflip. Doesn't go far enough.
Zelda Rulez!
easy ganon's castle early is possible if someone can find a way to store ground jump when nayru's love is on :-/
I beated the game in 2:53 with this route Tongue how long you think you need and , when is it finished?
He's back!
Quote:
I beated the game in 2:53 with this route Tongue how long you think you need and , when is it finished?

Are you refering to the segmented route?
Zelda Rulez!
Does anyone here know that glitch you can keep your sword swing on long as you want (endless swing) and with it you can kill ganondorf easily Smiley
I have discovered it long time ago but I have never tell it anyone and now I tell it because while ago I saw video of it in youtube

here it's

you can do it with bombs too but press A button to grab and Link cannot jump of any ledge, it's really funny if you grab cucco when this glitch is on Smiley This works on majora too
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
thats in tsa's newest run, the power crouch stab i belive they call it.
No the Quail is not riding the Q
Quote:
I have discovered it long time ago but I have never tell it anyone

Please..don't do this...
Quote:
thats in tsa's newest run, the power crouch stab i belive they call it.

You can do the power crouch stab while performing this glitch. Video

Also...If you take out your sword or whatever during backflip you will not disable the glitch.
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
That's a cool glitch. I wish we had known about it earlier. Please, if you have any other potentially useful tricks, Kazooie, tell us! It will only benefit the run.
Quote:
That's a cool glitch. I wish we had known about it earlier. Please, if you have any other potentially useful tricks, Kazooie, tell us! It will only benefit the run.

Even if its not useful but still really cool you should post it...I like it when SDA is the first to discover something.
He's back!
Could this be used for walking on the top of seams, say for shadow early or mirror shield early.
Nice sword glitch. I was just wondering if maybe you could somehow use it with the boss info that navi says to use it in a boss fight?
Do you think that glitch is anything like the power crouch stab? You could use a jump slash attack and then start crouch stabbing before reading the sign and just start walking around with the power of a jump slash attack.
Ewic Juice
Wow, that's a sweet glitch! I'm so go to try that.

You could even use it to get to the Shadow Temple early (or do that glitch with the bombchu and the loading times). (Since you have to walk along the edge and it's tricky to not fall off.)

Kazooie, if you know any more glitches... Tell us, please! Sad
Edit history:
Acryte: 2006-07-08 04:09:14 am
Zelda Scientist®
sword glitch can be done w/ cuckoos and any grabbable object (i believe). Just do the backflip and draw your sword and you're cool and good to go. Secondly... can we hurt bongo bongo in the air? (edit: No bcause you can't go in the air lol, though it makes it easier... though it's probably faster to not use this trick)
works w/:
bombs
special crop
people (thanks fierce)
cuckoos
grass
bushes (w/ and w/out gauntlets)
treasure chests

Doesn't work with (because you can't interrupt the swing w/ an action since you lose the option of interrupting by drawing the shield):
Blocks

Might work with (can't do action w/ shield up, or item is destroyed before picking it up completely, or can't access action w/ shield out but he option is displayed on the button):
Doors
Jars (break too soon)

still testing...

Basically to get the sword autohits just do something where you can interrupt the swing before it ends with another action and you can keep the move out. It is also selective about which doors you can and can;t pass through w/out losing the autohits.

if you can store it on that bongo drum (it's kinda hard w/ the bomb) then it holds you down so you can hookshot him easy and then just backflip and draw your sword and wait for him to come to you lol. Then he's toast. It's awesome. It's easiest to do it on the outer rim of the bongo.

wow the sword soaks up all the hits from ghoma's ground pound. It's hilarious.

Yeah I can imagine ganondorf getting schooled. Jumpslash -> lowstab sword glitch -> death.
Retired
There's no need for the sword glitch - all adult bosses which "quick spins" work to keep down can be done with regular slashes or power crouch slashes.  There will be no quick spins in my videos for bosses.
Zelda Rulez!
With this sword glitch you can very easily seamwalk but sometimes you get stuck to air and you can escape from it if you do backflip. if you try go to slippery wall with that glitch link will slide down as normally and that glitch doesn't work anymore. That is really funny because link will stand front of ganon and ganon take a hit fast as he can and in majora you can kill first boss with this glitch too but I think quikspin is easier Smiley
Zelda Scientist®
yeah it's not really useful at all because it takes too much time and the alternatives are better anyways. Looks cool though.
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Heh, do this glitch and pick up a cucco. They have a lot of blood for a little chicken.
Retired
So, did some Segment 5 attempts.  Of course, biggest mess ups come on the Gate Jump...1/5 times I am getting it on first try.  The other issue is getting a good "path" to Gerudo Valley from after Kaepora Gaebora's speech.  After I do the Cucco Jump and get past the guards, I go to the Thieve's Hideout and save/quit, so this is a short segment - although the dang Saria cutscene will make it like two minutes longer.
Edit history:
YautjaElder: 2006-07-10 11:11:45 am
Speed is the key.
My segment 8 will be very short... from the forest to thieve's hideout and nothing to collect in between. And I will have the luxury of skipping the Kaepora speech as I'm coming from the forest. Smiley

I'm sure you'll nail the perfect segment sooner or later. Wink
Edit history:
petrie911: 2006-07-11 03:23:34 am
Everybody loves Hypnotoad!
Slightly interesting thing with the sword glitch.  If you put away your sword with it glitched, then pull out a deku stick, the deku stick is glitched, too, and cannot break while it's glitched.  since a Deku stick can be pulled out glitched without needing to backflip, it can be more useful.  This also works with the biggoron sword and megaton hammer.

Also, what happens if you glitch your sword (so it's always attacking) and then super slide off a ledge?  Will the super slide carry you off the edge or will the sword glitch stop you?  Or will it do something else weird, like give an infinite hover effect or something?
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
you can't superslide while holding the glitched sword

when you pull out a bomb, you pull away the sword and the glitch vanishes.

btw, you can superslide underwater with the iron boots and as long as link doesn't float after an underwater ledge.
Quote:
you can't superslide while holding the glitched sword.

Actually it works in both games....and yeah...you will hurt anything you touch while sliding.

Quote:
when you pull out a bomb, you pull away the sword and the glitch vanishes.

Do a backflip and press the bomb button in mid air.