On the Run () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'RaulFran'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

On the Run () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ontherun-20210727/OnTheRun_3139.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-01 01:43:27 pm
LotBlind: 2021-08-01 01:43:00 pm
LotBlind: 2021-08-01 01:38:59 pm
LotBlind: 2021-08-01 01:38:45 pm
A/V: Check. The video was glitching out for me but fixed when playing the same parts again. Just mentioning this in case someone gets the same.

The version being run here is a patched one (mentioned here). It adds a timer into the game's graphics. We've allowed that before (Cat Planet). It's sort of funny how it's allowed like this but not if it's a LiveSplit overlay but at least this way it's standardized for everyone.

Actually, this thread explains how this game is highly system-dependent and so using such a hacked in-game timer is the only way to guarantee fair competition. That makes sense then.

The framerate is 29.33... I have no idea how that's supposed to work for Flash games but I feel they might have variable framerate? Maybe the capture method used is tied directly to the code. That would make sense given how immensely popular Flash is/was. The second thread I linked says something about "physics being capped at 30 FPS".

Cheating: Doesn't seem likely.

So it's a Flash game with some basic sandbox-style town, and you're being chased. Apparently this was up on a site called Miniclip (and some others) and so it got a fair bit of popularity. And so there have at least been many attempts, numerically speaking, at speedrunning this, and this one is the current fastest by a small margin. So it can't be all bad. Looks like those boosts from the other cars are important so probably this run depends on AI cooperation. Also, doesn't look the most fun to control.

accept I guess
Formerly known as Skullboy
Video played fine for me in VLC.

As long as the framerate is correct, A/V is fine. No cheating detected.

Not much more to add to what LotBlind. The game seems to require you to lap around the city before letting you get to the railroad tracks.

It would be nice if these "submitted on behalf of" runs included some notes or something. It's not a requirement but it's good having that info.

Accept.
Decision posted.