--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AbesOddysee.html

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Segmented]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sam 'Samtastic' Locke!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Segmented]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/oddysee-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2016-11-22 11:52:37 am
Because this run was presumably in production before the new ruling that bans leaving part of the game uninstalled, it's not going to be rejected for that. Looks like all the cutscenes are indeed missing here. (no they're not) But yeah, for future reference, that's now not considered legit on SDA.

A/V and cheating: check except for what I'm listing below

25:10 - what's this for? I guess just a segment break that was left in. It's always nice to know where the segment breaks are so unless there's way too many way too short segments, I prefer to see the runs segment by segment in a verification. However, in this case the run looks really solid throughout with only a few clear mistakes so it's not going to get rejected based on "not good enough for its segment count".

27:20 - another jarring segment break
37:45 - another one
41:40 - another
45:34 - one more

accept! GJ
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
Quote from LotBlind:
Because this run was presumably in production before the new ruling that bans leaving part of the game uninstalled, it's not going to be rejected for that. Looks like all the cutscenes are indeed missing here. But yeah, for future reference, that's now not considered legit on SDA.

A/V and cheating: check except for what I'm listing below

25:10 - what's this for? I guess just a segment break that was left in. It's always nice to know where the segment breaks are so unless there's way too many way too short segments, I prefer to see the runs segment by segment in a verification. However, in this case the run looks really solid throughout with only a few clear mistakes so it's not going to get rejected based on "not good enough for its segment count".

27:20 - another jarring segment break
37:45 - another one
41:40 - another
45:34 - one more

accept! GJ

Bascially, it's the way I joined the segments together. I can edit the video prior to publciation to have a clean video without those segment breaks.
The cutscenes are there by the way.
Can you point at a few places where there's a cutscene that you skip so I get what it looks like in contrast with the old runs please?
Quote from LotBlind:
Can you point at a few places where there's a cutscene that you skip so I get what it looks like in contrast with the old runs please?

Around 2:01 after the loading screen.
Ah yes, that's pretty clear actually.
I don't have much to add to what already has been said. I can't really comment much on the route, but it's clear that it's well executed throughout and that it's a pretty easy

Accept
Decision posted.