My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/NorthAndSouth.html

Daniel 'Kareshi' Brown's Level 2 and 3 runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
These runs are so lame, haha.

Level 2.
He touches the butt! This is a 18+ run.
I smell improvements to the last fight. If he could manipulate the horses to be at the top, as in the Level 3 run, the fight would have been like 4 seconds faster.

Level 3.
Nice nice, I presume. I don't know where the "CHARRRGE!" part comes from, but yeah...

Audio and video is fine in both runs

Quote:
Quote from mikwuyma:
The runner is completing the set with a level 2 and 3 run.

Level 2 comments:

Quote:
Quote:
YEEEE-HAW!

Video and audio: Good

Can't say anything for this run, is as good as the level 1 run. Same routes were used, was just a more agressive CPU, but our South General Kareshi beat eat like he was just sweeping some dust away from a shelf. There were only a few lost soldiers at the first battle, but at the second he lost the same 4 soldiers and the cannon, which after destroying the bridge becomes useless. He didn't "lined up" the horses at the canyon because he would loss a couple of seconds.

Could be better? I doubt it, maybe a few frames but not worth for trying again.

Level 3 comments:

Quote:
CHARRRGE!

Video and audio: Good

Ok, now is our South General Kareshi here in trouble? Of course not! He didn't knew anything about history, so who cares!
Lost a few soldiers, but again crushed those North bastards away the same way he did on both level 1 and 2. The only main change here is the CPU even more agressive.

Speechless on both runs.

Quote:
No cheating, no graphic bugs, no sound problems. In my opinion, those 2 runs are good to go.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Kareshi really hates history.
Thread title:  
Quote:
I smell improvements to the last fight. If he could manipulate the horses to be at the top, as in the Level 3 run, the fight would have been like 4 seconds faster.

Level 3.
Nice nice, I presume. I don't know where the "CHARRRGE!" part comes from, but yeah...

Level 2 - The North's horses take longer to begin attacking in Level 2 than they do in Level 3, it throws off the timing enough where one Confederate horse charge is incapable of defeating the entire army like Level 3.

Level 3 - "CHARRRGE!" because this speedrun is done entirely with horses, no cannons like levels 1 and 2.
I have the same question as Radix on the news page:
Why does the level 3 run not obsolete the slower level 1 and 2 runs?
Originally I thought the different levels should be different categories because the computer behaves differently for each level, but... maybe the 0:50 is all we need.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from kareshi:
Originally I thought the different levels should be different categories because the computer behaves differently for each level, but... maybe the 0:50 is all we need.

Yeah, I didn't really put much thought into posting the runs. I guess the 0:50 is the only run that's necessary. I guess I broke the rules. Lips Sealed
Talk to the Hand
And here I thought the correct answer was "SHUT UP RADIX YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME ANYMORE."

Clearly I was mistaken. Smiley

Although, I'll miss the doctoral thesis by the Professor of Fake History. Sad
Not a walrus
Better rewrite the comments then no?
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Better rewrite the comments then no?

The 0:50 comments are sufficient.
Not a walrus
Lies.