List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/NinjaGaiden.html

Jim Hanson's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
While I estimate it's only about 6 seconds faster, when the run is as tight as it is, it's pretty damn good.

Runner makes good use of damage boosts and jumps to get faster screen transitions.  Fast boss fights and few hiccups.  Good job.  U R L33T NINJA.

Accepting as an improvement to the currently posted run.

Quote:
NSFW, partially.

The run of UltraJMan by the Ninja's Guy Den was pretty good, though this run of the Ninja's Guy Den was much more pleasing for him, I'm sure. Whilst it does look cool being a ninja raping ass with that big sword, some of the men aren't that attractive and it gets worse throughout the run. Thankfully, the runner is very consistent in this fuck fest and makes it a pleasurable watch, whatever your fetish, including the 'spin slash', the fastest way to finish off bosses.

The runner takes a few shortcuts, opting to take it like a man so he can have a foursome with Jacquio faster, which can't be a bad thing. It also means he knows the den inside and out. Floor 5 - Room 3 of the den was good, with the runner being almost finished for the majority of the room. The foursome with Jacquio and his many faces was also superbly done, with the runner showing his dominance right at the end by being on top of the thing.

Excellent speedrun, fast and furious throughout, much more efficient than what Vin Diesel could ever do. Ryu cleanly got two ancient artefacts that have enough power to destroy the world and Diesel can only pull off things for his own personal gain. This is a great credit to SDA.

Quote:
A/V is fine, no cheating.

I estimate this clocks in at 12:39, 5 seconds faster than the current SDA run. My comments will be detailed and if you find them nit-picky realize that it is necessary because this run has been optimized quite a bit and only very small improvements are left to be added at this point.*

Most of the improvements can be seen in a nico video RTA run romscout posted in the Ninja Gaiden thread. I have tried most of these strategies and several of them are relatively easy, especially for a runner of this skill level.

Current SDA run times are in parentheses:

1-1: 119 (119) I think the runner should implement a very easy wall jump toward the end of the level which saves 5 ninpo that can be used for a faster boss fight. This wall jump can be seen in the cgdq marathon vid, or the nico video RTA.

1-2: 148 (148) see above, faster boss fight is done by jumping towards boss and using spinslash, landing right in front of him, then doing another immediate spinslash.

2-1: 109 (108) I think a better ninpo route could be implemented for Act II. Runner skips an easy 10 ninpo (just before spinslash upgrade, which costs no time and would have save time later, see below.

2-2: 107 (106) Small delay for ninpo unneccessary, cost small amount of time.

2-3: 147 (147) 5 ninpo boss fight again, could be faster same way as 1-2.

3-1: 130 (130) Very solid execution and good route.

3-2: 117 (118) Early struggles and some bad randomness.

3-3: 145 (144) Very solid boss fight, too much ninpo by 10 but still  less conservative than previous run by 10, I would say maybe 5 less is optimal.

4-1: 119 (119) Added damage boost, but a late missed bird cancelled out the time saved.

4-2: 119 (118) Interesting route, no damage boost at the end, which saves 1 second (maybe a bit less).

4-3: 111 (111) Missed tricky damage boost at the end, but good route and execution here.

4-4: 150 (149) Perfect, current run has an accidental jump.

5-1: 114 (115)  Route improvement on ring throwing guy (no star), but small delays cost runner here.

5-2: 113 (113) Slight mess up on crazy jump part, but excellent recovery. I give credit to the runner for trying the riskier but faster way of doing this.

5-3: 102 (105) Suboptimal ninpo route (unless the spinslash off the topshelf into the bat was just a flat out miss) cost 1 sec at very end, slight hiccups cost a bit more. Still not bad for one of the toughest levels in the game.

5-4: 148 (149) Very slightly slower than current SDA run, but still fine.

6-1: 129 (130) The runner takes an interesting gambit of not getting any weapons to save ninpo now for later on, but this is high risk, low reward imo and should probably be reconsidered.

6-2: 103 (99) No weapons almost ends up being a run killer here, but runner somehow gets out of a very tricky spot. Runner uses a slightly slower technique in the platforming section rather than wall jumping like in the current run. I imagine this is for consistency sake, but it is technically slower than the other method that is low risk, low reward.

****SPOILER ALERT****

The runner makes up for all his time lost with the uber sexy "legendary 6-2 damage boostTM."

****END SPOILER******

6-3: 104 (105) No damage boost ldo (there is a sick one, even sicker than 6-2).There is an OoB trick that saves about 2 seconds and is not that hard to perform that is omitted in the platform room that the runner may not have known about. It is a small risk and should be considered for future runs. Runner ends stage with an extra 10 ninpo.

6-4: 149 (148) Perfect.

6-4b: 135 (134) Very solid Jaquio fight.

6-5: 134 (132) Excellent execution and good luck with a sweet ninja victory dance to top it off.

Overall the execution in this run is very tight, and good enough to beat the current run which itself is extremely solid. I would say that the runner may want to revisit his route plan (mainly ninpo management) for improvements if he or anyone else wants to improve the run.

VERDICT: Accept

* Unless of course game-breaking glitches or tricks are discovered, which is always a small possibility.

Quote:
Audio, visual, cheating all check out.

This run was very intriguing for me.  This and the hosted run are fairly comparable for quite a bit, different attack patterns, but close time wise.

The runner takes a few hits here and there, but we're only human after all.  (Although I've heard this runner is half cyborg).  The points that stand out are 1. The glorious return of the 6-2 damage boost and 2. A better final boss fight due in part to the luck in the severed head tossing junk in a more favorable way than the existing run.

But the bottom line is ACCEPT.  This is what happens when two Ninjas compete.  The winner will be by a razor thin margin, but one must lose.  (Yes, that line is borrowed from Samurai Champloo).

Quote:
Video and audio quality are approved.

As an improvement to the previous run on the site, even if it is only a little time, I accept this run. The famous 6-2 damage boost is used and many neat and unique damage boosts are pulled off with very good execution.

Decision: Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: Now someone needs to beat the nicovideo time. :-x
Thread title:  
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote:

What does Heidman say? Impossible, but doable?

I believe that applies here.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Quote from sinister1:
Quote:

What does Heidman say? Impossible, but doable?

I believe that applies here.

"Kick logic out and do the impossible!"?