List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/NinjaGaiden.html

Kristian 'Arctic_Eagle' Emanuelsen's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
As usual i can't tell where the improvement came from, I can see why he said some of the boss battles were slow though. Stages looked super smooth though. Pass!

Quote:
Cheating

He did not cheat, it's all perfectly legit.

Video/Audio Quality

Looks and sounds fine, no problems here.

Play Quality

Really, really good run through the game.  A couple tiny mistakes here and there and one or two instance of bad luck with random projectiles.  Also features a few route changes from the old run, one of which I'm not sure is actually faster.  Refering to the last screen in 5-2 here, I think he might've lost a second going over the wall instead of taking the lower route.

But really, it's a good improvement over what I thought to be a good run to begin with.  I'm a little sad to see the damage boost in 6-2 go, but the execution here is just so much tighter overall than in the incumbent run.  Watching the two side by side, he gains a noticeable lead in 2-1 and doesn't look back.  The decision here is a no brainer.

Accept.

Quote:
The standard stuff:
Player is not cheating. Audio/video quality is good. The run is quite impressive and meets SDA's standards.

Additional comments:
This is a no-brainer for approval, the runner is clearly a master ninja. The runner executes at a high level consistently for the entire run and his infrequent mistakes are small so I am not going to comment on individual levels. This run is a significant improvement (seems to be in the neighborhood of 10 seconds) over the current 12:53 run which is very good.

The runner takes the lead over the previous run in Level 2-1 and never looks back. He gains a lot of time in platforming levels (-18 in game clock vs. current run). He loses time in some of his boss fights (+8 in game clock vs. current run) which could be improved as he mentioned in his comments. The only platform level the runner loses a few seconds in is level 6-2. I do not blame him for passing up on the damage boost to make them up because it is very risky and he was already well ahead of the previous run by this point. Overall this run is amazing and nearing the 12:3x mark that hopefully will be achieved someday.

Quote:
Greetings Sensei,

Ninja reporting -

This is some gaming at it's finest here.  I'll get right into it.

Level 1 – Excellent, almost identical to the existing run.
Faster level run – Tie

Level 2 – Another great level run.  Here’s where the new run takes the lead and never looks back.  At the end of 2-1, the old runner gets hit and then does a stalling jump losing a few seconds.  The new run goes right by, all the way to the end of the level.
Faster level run - New

Level 3 – More time gained here.  The new runner easily goes through 3-1 gaining several seconds on the old run which took a few hits
Faster level run – New

Level 4 – Again, the new run makes time on 4-3, where the old run missed a jump and had to circle around, but the new run misses the first jump and doesn't attack the boss nullifying some of the time gained.
Faster level run - New

Level 5 – Well done, just a bit faster than the old run.
Faster level run - New

Level 6 – Now here is a solid argument for rejection.  Where is the boost at the end of 6-2?!  This should be required, okay fine, anyway.  The final boss fight is noticeably faster on the old run, but the new runner has made up enough time throughout the game to still come out ahead.
Faster level run - Old

In the end, the new run simply executes better on an already optimized plan of attack.  The new run gains time by taking less damage through each level, not counting boost hits of course.  Except in the last level were it was still faster in the old run, must be the missing 6-2 boost.

I timed the run at 12:43, gaining 10 seconds over the old run, awarding this run my seal of quality and the ceremonial Katana - APPROVED

Quote:
I was having some trouble with audio-video synch, even after reencoding to mp4.  I tried it in both WMP and VLC, then reencoded and watched it in VLC and on my PS3.

The run itself had looked like there was no cheating and play was good except for a couple places where there was some hesitation when it looked like he grabbed a wall he wasn't expecting to grab.  Faster is faster, so I vote accept once the sound is synched up or if the other verifiers say they had no issue with it.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is a no-brainer, it's an improvement.
Thread title:  
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
this run is #@!*ing awesome!! Arctic_Eagle is a true ninja.
did every verifier truly individually say the phrase "never looked back" in reference to the time being gained at 2-1?  Seemed hilarious to me.
boss
ZOMG ARCTIC CREATED FIVE SOCKPUPPET ACCOUNTS TO PASS THE RUN WITH THE INFINITE ROCKET LAUNCHER CHEAT
Looks impressive!  Wink
Nicely done.
Master-88
Wau man. Thats really great. Wink

This run was almost perfect. i just see some very minor things, especially two last boss can be done some seconds faster. But otherwhise this run was perfect. I really wonder if someone can beat this time.

And about 6-2 enemy boost. This one is very minor one. I just wonder why some peoples criticize with this? Roll Eyes

Good run and i enjoy everysingle seconds. Wink