Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Taneli 'Daiz' Vatanen's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
hi

Globaly a pretty nice speedrun. Most of the speedruns are explained. There are something like 2 seconds lost in not absolutely optimised jumps here and there (+ the mistake on the walljump).
I pretty aprouve the route. The only area that may be possible to optimise is to manipulate the ennemy behavior like the brown guy at 1:4x pr 2:15
I'm not absolutely sure if there is a way not to wait the green guy at 3:00
Right after this time, (i'm to bored to try it) I don't remember if it's possible to be noticed by the 4 green guys faster with a jump...

I think that the time purposed by the game (3:38) is pretty ok.
I don't see any video or audio problem...

Accepted

Quote:
Video/Audio quality : Fine
No cheating detected

This run is really nice (all the ones who played nikujin agree, I suppose)
There's just a mistake in level 7... about five/six seconds lost, I cannot reject such a run for it Grin

Actually, I think that the runner is a ninja himself...

Verdict : Accepted

Quote:
K, nikujin verification.

For once I have very little to say. This is a very well-executed run of a very cruel game. I believe I saw one execution mistake (the fall in the spike shaft in level 7, noted in the runner's comments as the biggest mistake in the run, which costs 2 or 3 seconds), one moment of bad luck (a 4 second wait for an enemy to turn around to be neckstabbed, also on level 7), and a couple of trivial planning mistakes (neckstabbing the enemy at the start of level 6 instead of just hitting the ground next to the wall and starting running immediately, and, similarly, rollnig instead of just hitting the ground and taking damage when falling down the spike shaft on the same level) which between them cost a second. I also wondered if maybe killing the final 4 enemies on level 8 with normal attacks rather than a neckstab to would be faster, but didn't test it (only a second at any rate).

Besides those handful of mistakes, the run is basically perfect. Runner's execution is very impressive and he pulls off multiple difficult maneuvers perfectly. The runner is also very lucky with enemy behaviour (I think in total there's 7 enemies where you lose time if they're facing the wrong way when you arrive, and he only gets bad luck with one of them as already mentioned) and there are no planning mistakes of any significance. Easy accept, no possible way anyone could argue otherwise. Congrats to the runner.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Just beating this game is an accomplishment.
Thread title:  
Quote:
neckstabbing the enemy at the start of level 6 instead of just hitting the ground next to the wall and starting running immediately

Just wanted to note the reason for doing this: It's a safeguard against the two purple guys later in the level. Not killing the enemy at the start pretty much means that you have to lose at least one health bar (if not more) if you don't want to lose time. The two purple guys later in the level can chip away your health very quickly if their direction is not in your favor when you go past them. In my run I managed to get past them without any health loss, but most of the time they can easily do 3-4 health bars of damage which is bound to kill you if you've lost any health before them.

If I'm ever going to do a "perfect" multi-segment run, I'll be sure to do the faster start though.
Quote from Daiz:
Quote:
neckstabbing the enemy at the start of level 6 instead of just hitting the ground next to the wall and starting running immediately
Just wanted to note the reason for doing this: It's a safeguard against the two purple guys later in the level. Not killing the enemy at the start pretty much means that you have to lose at least one health bar (if not more) if you don't want to lose time. The two purple guys later in the level can chip away your health very quickly if their direction is not in your favor when you go past them. In my run I managed to get past them without any health loss, but most of the time they can easily do 3-4 health bars of damage which is bound to kill you if you've lost any health before them.

Ah, that makes sense. I stand corrected.