List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.html

Kyle 'NoiseCrash' Duffy's 100% run

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Two apologies. Sorry this took so long, and sorry for not taking into account the weapons counting as 100%. ANYwho- this run is impressive, fast, and legit. Not too much else to say. I have to question, however, will there ever be an any% run? I know 100% is impressive, but any% runs are nice too.

Quote:
[00:09] Verifier: hey mike, finished watching the goemon speedrun. This time around he does indeed collect 100% of items, and it is very well done and planned out. The only problem i have is that the player may be using a turbo button.
[00:09] mikwuyma: how so?
[00:11] Verifier: he is just able to fire a certain weapon really fast, and and he is able to rapid fire for long periods of time
[00:11] mikwuyma: okay
[00:11] mikwuyma: there are other runners whoc an fire fast for long periods of time
[00:11] mikwuyma: like frezy man and tiki
[00:11] Verifier: you may want to ask other verifiers what they think
[00:11] mikwuyma: will do
[00:12] Verifier: what concerns me is that it is the Z-button on the n64 controller, and that button is hard to fire fast
[00:15] Verifier: other than that, the video and audio quality is good, but i did have to download each AVI file a few times because it kept telling me they were all "corrupted"
[00:17] Verifier: idk if that was a problem with whoever encoded then or whatever, but it was odd i had to download them 1 or 2 times before my computer recognized the files

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's an improvement, and this run actually collects 100% (weapons). Also, the verifiers agreed the run was really good.
Thread title:  
@_@
Quote from mikwuyma:
Quote:
will there ever be an any% run?

Yes, I was doing attempts on an any% SS before re-doing the 100% run, and plan to continue working on that as well now that this has been accepted. Smiley
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
To question the second verifier's comment, it really isn't all that hard to fire rapidly with the Z button on the N64 controller. It all depends on how you hold the controller. If someone did a speedrun of Perfect Dark, I'm sure the same concern would come up, as this would apply here, too. I do the same thing when I play games that require using the Z button as an action like shooting. That's just my take on it, though, since I haven't seen the run yet.
Edit history:
NoiseCrash: 2009-01-11 03:14:10 pm
@_@
Well the main reason I can fire quickly with the Z button here is that I don't really need to be doing anything else (Pressing A, B, or any C buttons) while shooting. I can just put my right hand on the back of the controller and do the twitching motion, or when I get tired of that I can do an alternating two-fingered approach.
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
That's what I do, use my right hand and twitch my fingers (I can't do it with my left hand, even though I am a lefty :P).