List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
http://speeddemosarchive.com/Myst.html

Bad ending run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
have to reject this run.  The runner themself says in the comments that as much as five seconds of improvement would be possible with perfect mouse control, and in a thirty second run, that's a lot.

Also, there's a desync on the sound.

Quote:
unfortunately, for such a short run any mistakes at all mean an automatic reject from me. :/

the misclick in the fireplace is pretty inexcusable, and there are other points at which the clicking seems to slow down too much— but that might be video lag or something. still, gonna have to reject. this could easily be a few seconds faster.

Quote:
I'm going to reject this one.

The runner already pointed out a few bad things in his comments, at 0:11 where he was stuck for 1 second because his cursor wasn't in a clickable area (It looks very bad) and the fireplace miss-click. Considering that this run is extremely short, I just can't accept that.

There's also audio desync in the video.

Quote:
I wouldn't call this a speedrun of Myst (with bad ending). The runner just traps himself in the last room with Atrus because he didn't get/hand out the final page which is actually required to end the game. I would rather call this a simple game over room since you can't escape and have to load a previous savefile...
Beside this, you can't compare the run with the current Myst run which was done with the 10th anniversary dvd edition where you can't skip some animations which was done in this submission. Overall the current run has faster and more precise mouse clicks, example: [Myst 1:16] chimney code entered in: ~10 seconds / this submission: ~12 seconds .

A bad ending speedrun would be getting all 5 blue OR red pages for one of the sons of Atrus, which would take a lot longer than the current run and shows roughly all places of the game (more entertaining to watch).

Decision: Reject

Reason: The current run is faster and more precise. Also, the run contains a lot of mistakes for a 30 second run.

The run is available upon request, PM me before November 11th.
Thread title:  
gamelogs.org
forgot to mention in my comments (i'm the second verifier) that the fireplace code route is very unoptimized, which is another reason for my rejection.

mike: what's your ruling on the legality of this type of run? one of the verifiers doesn't think this should be considered a "bad ending run" because the game isn't actually completed. if this would indeed be accepted as a run of the bad ending though, i'll plan on beating it by several seconds and submitting.
I'd agree with the aforementioned verifier. This run is more a failed good ending than a bad ending. I suppose you could classify it as the fastest conclusion, but considering the Low% good ending (or whatever you want to call it) was already a bit of a joke category would you really want to?

For reference, the "conclusions":
* Find Atrus' book and give Atrus the page from the dock: Sirrus/Achenar's books destroyed, Atrus gives you a pat on the back, you're free to go to any of the other areas in the game (the existing run).
* Find Atrus' book and talk to Atrus without the page: Atrus p mad, you're trapped in that area with no way out (this run).
* Find all of Sirrus or Achenar's pages and put them in the appropriate book: Whoever you chose is freed to do not-very-nice things, you're trapped in the book looking at static (suggested bad ending category in the OP).