--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Myst.html

Myst (100 %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The runner seemed quite uncertain while travelling with the "tunnel submarine" the first time around. Also some switches should have been flipped earlier in the run when the runner walked past them anyway and the red/blue page next to their books could have been collected earlier, too. Running always seemed sloppy - the any% run seems much smoother.

Overall I vote for a weak reject because this is a short run without any rng.

Quote from moooh:
realMyst is a bit awkward to control since left mouse button doubles as both "walk forward" and "use". As such there's bound to be quite a few times where a runner would seemingly have trouble pushing a button or pulling a switch since the game is picky whether or not you are aligned properly for the use action to work.

Moving using both W and left mouse button doubles your speed. Running on the highest walking speed setting, the character really flies through the environments. The runner does a pretty good job at traversing parts with speed, but ends up bumping into things and getting stuck every now and then as well.

Overall I'd say that most of the ages were done well. Some hesitation in the underground maze, did you play this by ear still? You should have memorized the path instead.
Messing up at the exact same West-turn both times around? That looked ugly.

Running around Myst Island turning on the markers at the end wasted a lot of time. Markers are never reset, so these markers should have been switched on as you went past them the first times around.
The fireplace code was botched. You should practice this pattern more so that you can do it without that much of a hesitation.

All in all, I'd estimate at least another minute could come off this run.
A run of this game is in for a bumpy ride regardless of what you do and the runner seemed to have practiced the route and never actually hesitated on where to walk, so I believe this run is good enough for a first submission of this category vote.
I vote for an accept with hopes for an improvement later on.

That is, assuming we can get the video properly encoded and not in WMV :O

Quote from dunnius:
I'm not able to play back this ginormous 2.5 GB wmv properly in my Mac's VLC (stutters too much), and my Ubuntu's VLC refuses to play it.  I guess it is played okay based on what others have said about the gameplay in this version. I am only familiar with the original version of Myst, which is played differently.
In the extremely annoying to figure out underground maze, the same mistake was done in each of the 2 passes.  There was also time wasted running around getting the switches at the end when they could have been done earlier.
I am voting neutral because I can't really watch the video properly.  I would like to see this run improved, although is is done well from what I can see.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Although there is some slop, the run is strong enough for a first offering in this category.

Congratulations to Andrew 'eLeveN' Buckman!
Thread title: