List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Best time with warps

Verifier Responses

Quote:
First of all, I want to say that PJ's thanks to me in his comments are more than a bit overdone; IIRC I pointed out one thing that saves ~5 seconds.

With that said, this is most definitely a solid run on a unique game.  The routes are well-planned and executed, and there are relatively few mistakes that cost significant time.  While there is room for improvement (some levels more than others), that sort of thing is expected on a game like this, with such terrible hitboxes and wacky physics.

Great work PJ, and I'm definitely looking forward to your warpless and/or IL runs.

Accept.

Quote:
First off I approve of the audio and visual quality, the game causes sufficient nausea in most people and the audio is an atrocious assault on the ears, so by Mohawk standards...well, that means GREAT!

Level by level breakdown of naked yellow dwarf man the video game is as follows:

Stage 1, nothing super special or fancy here, 100 CDs quickly collected using one small secret area and a mostly normal route. Very solid.

Stage 2, you know, until PJ told me that you didn't need CDs for the bosses I always assumed you did. Knowing now you can fight this game's bosses without is even better, especially the first boss, the Wal-mart ball! Droppin prices and fire everywhere. Very solid stage 2!

Stage 3, WHEEL MORF! I give it ten thousand awards for having what I may consider one of the most unwieldly jumps in a videogame. The flying morf in this level is great for getting tons of CDs in the gigantic and somehow confusing central hub-ish area. I definitely can't think of a better strat for this one!

Stage 4, who needs CDs when you somehow have sense of direction, did you know according to the manual these morf dudes are blind? I can't imagine being a blind vertigo prone porcupine man with a CD player . This level had me totally stumped as a kid, the need to find a secret tube to beat the level and find the boss was nightmareish and the runner makes it look like it's nothing!

Stage 5, The most appropriate level in my opinion. Featuring what I like to refer to as the "lagoon" man warp, very fitting for the Lagoon man himself. Amphibious adventures aside, I never got used to flopping around in these stages, let alone as quickly as the runner, watching the water sections speed by is absolutely amazing. This is also the game's first warp zone, something else I never knew the game had until the last couple years, believe me you wanna skip as many levels as you can haha. This particular warp will take you to stage 9 entirely bypassing world 4 as a whole.

Stage 9, this is THE stage as I call it, as a kid I spent two years on in off in this infinite hell loop trying to figure it out til I eventually did. Crazy jumps, blimp morfs, floating and spinning platforms, this very level defines what Mohawk is in a nutshell and that's a mode 7 nightmare. The speed route through this level is absolutely astonishing, and is probably my favorite from the entire run.

Stage 10, ah another good old warp and hidden sneakily inside a boss level no less. Rather then going the long way and dealing with the three headed thingamajig or the ultimate awesome lava surfer dude boss another warp is taken to bypass to stage 13. Super fun wheelie wall glitch too, for some reason part of this level can't cope with wheel allowing you to wall clip!

Stage 13, somehow more confusing then stage 9, valves and switches are everywhere with no rhyme or reason as to what they do. I'd consider this far and away the hardest level in the game, if not the most confusing at least. Damage boosts and tons of other great tactics are used to complete this as fast as possible, utilizing a well placed death abuse to travel faster. The final warp in the game is here and grabbing it is faster then beating stage 14, taking the runner directly to the final boss.

Stage 15, final boss, and it's completely disappointing. Simply a recolor of the Walmart bot, I guess they had a two for 1 sale on this guy as this game's final terrible joke on the player...

Overall, I would have to reject because there was no suction morf. I mean the suction morf is so good! I mean PFFFHAHAHAHA okay I can't say that seriously, this run is most definitely a gigantic ACCEPT! Congratulations to PJ on finally having a Mohawk and Headphone Jack run on SDA!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrick "PJ" DiCesare!
Thread title:  
Sandbagging
Congrats PJ! Good job making millions of people suffer from chronic motion sickness.
Is PJ
YEHS!  Thanks for verifying, guys!  I know it was probably not an easy task.  ^_^  Unfortunately, I will be redoing this run shortly, because I found a better warp route that saves like 2.5 minutes off this run (Seriously, who puts a warp in boss levels?  Bahhhh).  More importantly, I need to finish routing my warpless route because that is the way that real men play this game (read: real men without any regard to the well-being of viewers).

Thanks again!  BlueGlass, I may need your feedback on a few level routes at some point.

Lastly,

Quote from Verifier 2:
Overall, I would have to reject because there was no suction morf. I mean the suction morf is so good!

I approve of these grounds for rejection.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Nice to see the original bad game exchange game finally getting accepted! Now we just need to see some Plok and the original exchange will be complete Smiley
Haters gonna hate
Quote from zallard1:
Now we just need to see some Plok and the original exchange will be complete Smiley

This! And congrats PJ! Smiley
All the things
That PJ, once again mastering things that would make others hurl.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
Yep yep yep!
Quote from PJ:
BlueGlass, I may need your feedback on a few level routes at some point.

Sure, I normally check the forums several times a day, so just post in the M&HJ topic.  Congrats on spreading the motion sickness.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Great job PJ!

And I must say. I've never played this and I have no issues with motion sickness or anything.  But after watching one level of this game, I was losing it and had a headache.  Much respect PJ.
Is PJ
Haha, it honestly isn't too bad if you play it a bit.  To be fair, I didn't have many issues when I first played it, but I barely notice the spinning now.  The key is to focus on a landmark that's coming up.  Tongue  But uh....that would be impossible watching for the first time.  ^^;
destroy them with lazers
Well done on finishing this. Out of interest how many poverty game runs have been complete since the exchange started?
Is PJ
Thanks!

I keep the second post of this thread updated.  Looks like 5 games were accepted, one of which is posted.  Athena has a run finished, but I think Brossentia is going to improve it.  That would be the 6th.  ^_^
Yes
Congratulations PJ!  I'm really happy this run made it through verification.  Were you the one that told me you bumped into one of the creators/developers of this game on the internet?  Maybe you could get him to do audio commentary?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Hey Sub-Terrania is posted too. D:
Edit history:
PJ: 2012-07-01 06:31:08 pm
Is PJ
Oh it is now!  Good call.

Quote from Mr. K:
Congratulations PJ!  I'm really happy this run made it through verification.  Were you the one that told me you bumped into one of the creators/developers of this game on the internet?  Maybe you could get him to do audio commentary?

Yea that's me/this game.  I don't think he'd be down for commentary but I'll ask next time I talk to him...or when it is posted.

Edit:
Quote from mikwuyma's Sub-T comments:
-PJ: For making the topic that created this momentous occasion. Maybe he should be in the fuck you section instead, but this man has no sense of taste and is an inspiration to all who run bad games, and therefore I cannot hate him...

Hahahaha.  Awesome.
Anything you can do I can do halfass
WOOHOOO!  M&HJ!  Congrats- now I just need to track down my own copy.  Or reimplement the mechanic in my own 3D title to screw around with.  Hmmmm...

Edit: Wait... I heard the phrase "warpless run" in the context of such already existing... I don't know whether to to be thrilled or afraid...
Is PJ
The warpless run most definitely does not yet exist.

...but that is about to change.