Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Intermediate run
Expert run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Wow just as good as the runs he posted on Youtube about sometime in September-November. Great job. (no audio video or cheat problems)

Quote:
Video quality is great, no sound obviously.
No cheating found (I guess if that official minesweeper site accepted it, it should be fine anyway)
Quality of the run: GODLIKE
Timing: The timer in the videos seems correct, and is also the time used on www.minesweeper.info.

Quote:
This is stupid... No one will ever beat this any faster....

Timing: The timing the runner provided is accurate

Quote:
Reject for not being the official Minesweeper that came with Windows 3.1. This is the game I remember, not this newfangled clone. ;P

I guess this is an accepted version, although would this just go under the Minesweeper name? Maybe a link to the official ranking website that lists acceptable versions?

Accepted for being the quickest yet. I remember once getting 8 seconds on intermediate once, and this beats that, so yeah. You win.

Quote:
If these are (or were) WRs then there's no reason to reject.

A very easy accept, seeing as they blow my times out of the water (73 and 313, respectively).
Quality is fine too.

Quote:
Accept the runs because they're good.

And by good I mean that before watching these runs I wouldn't've believed that a human brain exists that can perform the necessary calculations to play minesweeper this fast and accurately.

The comments need sorting (two redundant sets of comments), and nate may have a fit over wmv, but as far as I'm concerned this is an absolutely clear accept.

I would love to hear more from the runner about how many tries this took, what the ratio of luck to calculation is, what mental tricks he uses, etc. This is a darned impressive run.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Kamil Murański!
Thread title:  
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Now all we need is a solitaire and we are in business...  Congrats to the runner.
You're Doing it Wrong!
Quote from MAS8705:
Now all we need is a solitaire and we are in business...  Congrats to the runner.

Don't forget some sort of Ski Free run.

Congrats to the runner all the same though, some of the runs of Minesweeper are just insane.
Make it so.
Quote from MAS8705:

I would love a Spider Solitaire run... Might even try it myself...
I wondered what bullshit this is going to be until I saw Kamil's name below it. These runs are some of the greatest achievements in all of gaming. I wonder why he didn't attach a beginner game. Maybe he doesn't have a 1-click-solve (I assume 3bv limits don't apply for SDA or do they?).
Totally rad
Quote from Crit:
I wondered what bullshit this is going to be until I saw Kamil's name below it. These runs are some of the greatest achievements in all of gaming. I wonder why he didn't attach a beginner game. Maybe he doesn't have a 1-click-solve (I assume 3bv limits don't apply for SDA or do they?).

1-click-solve? You mean this could actually beat the run time for Clue?
If we manage to beat the one second run TWICE....
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from MAS8705:

I had actually considered this at one time, and as I was reading the verification comments I started thinking about it again.

Congrats to the runner ofc.
Obscure games ftw
Quote from Crit:
I wonder why he didn't attach a beginner game.

Because the Minesweeper World Rankings only track Intermediate and Expert (and 2 higher custom difficulties, but SDA wouldn't accept those).  This basically means if anyone wants to go for a beginner run, enjoy the crapshoot of waiting for a 1 click finish.  Pretty sure I remember reading the odds of that are 1 in 200,000.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from I have no name:
Quote from Crit:
I wonder why he didn't attach a beginner game.

Because the Minesweeper World Rankings only track Intermediate and Expert (and 2 higher custom difficulties, but SDA wouldn't accept those).  This basically means if anyone wants to go for a beginner run, enjoy the crapshoot of waiting for a 1 click finish.  Pretty sure I remember reading the odds of that are 1 in 200,000.

Pretty sure I remember people talking about mashing F2 alternating with a left mouse button until the one-click-finish of beginner's is on the record.
Quote from I have no name:
Because the Minesweeper World Rankings only track Intermediate and Expert (and 2 higher custom difficulties, but SDA wouldn't accept those).

The world ranking has only the 3 original difficulties, but beginner has limitations on them you couldn't enforce on SDA (1 intented click).
Obscure games ftw
Right, the 2 higher custom ones were suggested.
Just watched the runs, cant follow whats goign on until I watched it at least 3 times. Amazed the runs on this game can go so low.
boss
Was like "holy mother of f..." while watching both runs.
Doin Good
I'm such crap at Minesweepercraft now, Windows 7's re-skin doesn't help any. Mighty impressed, either way. If only you could speed up Plants vs Zombies...