Milon's Secret Castle (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Matthew Havoc!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Milon's Secret Castle (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MilonsSecretCastle-20181228/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2019-01-01 08:23:27 pm
Professional Second Banana
A/V quality fine for NES.  Been following HavocProdigy's work on this game for a while, and it's definitely been therapeutic to see this frustratingly difficult/obtuse game (in which kid-me could never get past the well stage) get so thoroughly demolished.  Appreciate the super-detailed game notes/run history too.

Easy accept, and hope to see a new Little Nemo submission eventually too!
Is PJ
A/V quality seems fine.

This is one of the most difficult NES speedruns out there, and HavocProdigy has been clobbering this for literally 5 years.  Every run is more impressive than the last, and this is obviously no exception.  The aggression of his routing and his boss fights is really amazing considering how little it takes to die in this and how few options there are for recovering health late-game.

This is an accept, no question.  Really glad to see all the continued work he put into this game.  I hoped, years ago, that someone would finally run this game and put some times out there, and Havoc has gone far beyond what I ever expected to see from anybody.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2019-01-15 11:52:40 am
A/V: The run was recorded in stereo but the NES is obviously mono. The left channel is just ground noise. This can be fixed easily by either the runner or by us later on. The quality, past this, is very good in fact.

Very little to add to the comprehensive comments supplied. This looks like a huge leap for the game when much less significant improvements would also have been accepted. My kinda guy!

Accept with a big 'A'
The decision here is so obvious that this is more of a congratuatory thread than one of verification. The run is very impressive and a good watch. It's also great to see how well documented it is. It was an enjoyable read to get some more background and history, so thanks for taking the time to do that.

Accept!
Decision posted.
Thank-you Puwexil, PJ, Lotblind, and Ktwo. Much appreciated.

I thought something sounded a tiny bit "off" when I encoded but didn't really think much of it. I must have just failed to switch to the mono option for audio. If it's a super easy fix on SDA's end, I can leave it in the hands of whoever traditionally does encoding. If not, I can encode it again and send in new files. I figured the former would be the easier option but if need be, I can resubmit encodes. Your call.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the submission man! This is exactly what I personally love seeing here.

I already asked nate to re-encode. It's not a problem. We'll get this run on the front page quickly.