List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/PunchOut.html

'sinister1's IL runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
There were no problems with audio, video, syncing, or cheating.

All of these IL runs are very good. A few of them are particularly impressive. Since there are no current ILs for Punch Out, I'm recommending that they all be accepted since none of these have major errors, and they are all solid times in their own right.

Quote:
Audio/Visual is fine.

No cheatin'.

The segmented run was epic enough.  The IL's are a whole new level of awesome.  Approve all around.  These runs are nigh perfect.  thumbsup

Quote:
A/V: Good for both

Cheating: ... all of the IL are imbalanced towards the runner

Accept. I don't see any of the IL being talked down except here (see cheating statement above). All of them are great. I still stand that the MT fight can be improved. Using only delayed punches and not stunning him after each uppercut. I did not say anything about this last time I verified the run but I suppose I should have. It is very time sensitive but it does save time none the less. Also, the runner asked who I knew that has done it, it is my cousin. But we are not on speaking terms and he is also a 3 time felon, so I don't think I will see him any time soon.

Quote:
sexylicious

Decision: Accept

Reason: big sexylicious
Thread title:  
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
You're King of the Ring Sinister, Bravo!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Thanks verifiers!

@ Verifier 3: You are correct, the late punches once Tyson starts his hooks are a timesaver. They also happen to be frame perfect Sad

I am not going to improve the Tyson time unless it happens by luck. In order to beat that time the first two phases have to be absolutely perfect and you have to have the correct pattern which is unbelievably rare. I am much more proficient with the late punches in phase 3 now (yeah, the frame perfect ones), but I have never come close to those first two phases since I got the 2:29.xx.

Right now I am working on a single segment run, so if I happen to beat the Tyson time during that then so be it Smiley
My best time so far is 17:44.xx which is pretty solid, but I really wanna just get sub 17:00 and obsolete my segmented run which uses a lot of old strategies (relatively speaking).

Some of the times in this IL table have been beaten already, so I will submit the improvements with the ss run, they are:

Piston Honda 1: 0:43.82 (no big deal, just one unit faster)
King Hippo: 0:37.61 (big deal, this is the TAS time, done by Adelikat)
Bald Bull 2: 1:26.xx (also done by Adelikat)
Super Macho Man: 0:50.97 (faster phase 1, done by me)

@ DK28: thanks man, you ever gonna do IL's for Super Punch-Out??
Willing to teach you the impossible
If I had a way to record, I would help with the SPO IL table. Only because I love the game and Carc has a cart that I can use
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
How do you not have a way to record, you have been submitting all these runs?

Also, I might just have to get in on this IL stuff, I love SPO as well, but have just been caught up with MTPO lately.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
I've thought about it.  A lot.  I just have a different run I'm working on right now.  And I may revisit Final Fight to do a Haggar run.  But we may be able to tackle it.  I know I couldn't help much for these ILs, but I'm pretty familiar with SPO and could pick it up any time.
Willing to teach you the impossible
my computer died, I need to get another power supply to get it back on its feet. Just died within the last week. But I cant afford the $35-40 PSU for a while. I have other priorities that NEED to be handled, then I can order it. But I am out of commission for a lil over a month now. I can practice stuffs still at least.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Just a random update on this:

I asked Mike that these IL times be witheld from publication because I am still improving them here and there. My goal is to submit a single segment run and have the IL times published together with it. Strangely enough all the improvements have occured during single segment attempts (my main priority for this game). Here are some new IL times I got during SS attempts:

Great Tiger: 0:47.99 (my first time under 48.00 which is what was originally submitted, this is 1 frame faster)
Soda Popinski: 50.25 (51.97 is the original time. I was hoping for sub 50 but I guess I was 5 - 8 frames to slow)
Bald Bull 2: 1:25.97 (using Matt Turk's "bull dozer" technique, this time should go down to 1:22.xx though)
berserker status
Keep at it man, when you get this done it will be super awesome to the tenth power.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Riskbreaker Y:
Keep at it man, when you get this done it will be super awesome to the tenth power.

Thanks man. I just got a 17:16 single segment today which is pretty tight except for 1 fight. I wanna get sub 17 and then I will submit everything.