Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetroidZeroMission.html

Metroid Zero Mission (100 %) (Single Segment) (Normal)

Verifier Responses

Quote from Piston:
Audio/Video: Delicious

Cheating: None, 100% was achieved

Timing is completely accurate at 50:58. Less than a handful of minor mistakes throughout the entire run. Really nice stuff!

Decision: ACCEPT!

Congratulations!

Quote:
Mission Accomplished

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. While I can't say this run was flawless, it was very well done. Even with the mistakes that the runner pointed out, and maybe some minor things here and there, this time is going to be hard to beat. Only thing that really bugged me were the occasional pauses. While I understand why the runner did them (when I read their comments), it would be nice to see a run without the pauses in them. But for now, gonna accept!

Quote from kirbymastah:
RIPper dragondarch's classic 56:11

Quote from Dragondarch:
So, I guess I should shed some light on how the new route was discovered.

Back in 2014, I randomly tuned in to Darko running MZM 100%. I think he was coming out of stealth when I first arrived in the channel. I half-payed attention while doing some other stuff, then happened to glance over while he was doing cleanup. I noticed that he was taking a different route than we had been for years. It turns out that he had forgotten a missile tank at the bottom of the main shaft in Norfair, and had to alter his route to grab it.

Fast forward a little bit, I was watching Kirbymastah's stream. Kirby went AFK before starting up his runs, and left the demo to play. The demo showed off a ballspark in Norfair near the Brinstar-Norfair elevator that I had never known about. Combining this with the route Darko used, I pondered whether this might be worth looking in to.

Fast forward again to the Easter marathon (organized by Mysty). Kirby was supposed to running MZM 100% for it, but felt that his runs weren't up to snuff, and chose to drop it. I volunteered to pick it up in his stead.

At said marathon I "unveiled" this new route, which only consisted of finishing cleanup by leaving through the Norfair-Crateria elevator and grabbing the missile tank near Hi-Jump.

After seeing this, the MZM crew went to work timing said new route, and then trying out other things that may have been faster. We questioned pretty much everything we knew about the old route, and thus the new route(s) were born.

Kind of a convoluted way of it all happening, but it led to faster times, thus being beneficial in the end.

Now, Spidey-Widey has had my old 56:11 beat since I don't even remember when. Now we have a run that's about 3 minutes faster than that, and there's definitely some room for improvement in this run (though not a lot, mostly just little slip-ups here and there). It'll be a bit sad to see my run go, since that seems to be the milestone the MZM community is using to determine when a runner is getting to the point of competitive.

I do expect a sub 50 someday. I know damn well it's possible - I can feel it. Until then, this will do nicely.

ACCEPT.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Andrew 'spidey-widey' Brockmann!
Thread title:  
<(^_^)>
Metroid Gear Solid. Mission Complete.